The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Olympic Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well the 2008 Olympics are here!

:fireworks:

Use this thread to discuss them or anything related to them.

I watched the Opening Ceremonies last night and thought it was impressively done ... especially the man running along the wall of the stadium.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I have to say... this is the one thing I miss about no TV... the Olympics. We will probably head to my Grandmas house once or twice to take some of it in. ;)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
ATW, there is no need. You should be able to pick up the Olympics online.
TVU networks | Welcome

Its free TV on the internet and the quality is decent. I believe there are other players as well that provide channels on the internet.

edit: Official online feed for the Olympics. Watch any event. Hope this works for everyone.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I never really gave it much though but how the world comes together for this is amazing. I will try to watch some of it this year.

Hopefully our basketball team will not choke again this year...

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I missed the opening ceremonies -- didn't think it'd be anything interesting. Sounds like I was wrong; what did I miss/what made it so special?

I watched the beach volleyball matchup between the defending champion and #1 team in the world -- U.S.A. -- and the #23 ranked team -- Latvia.

It was actually quite exciting -- intense, 2-on-2 volleyball, but we wound up losing in straight sets.

I'm also anxious for the basketball games.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Doh! I forgot I owned olympicsscoop.com - but get this - I am unable sell it anyway, Olympics is serious business!!

The opening ceremony was unreal, I was going to link you ATW, but they are ALL GONE - removed within what, 24 hours from every source I've seen!!!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I was watching them at a bar and I think the way our guys were dressed sucked, they looked like freaken WASP's. They looked like they were going to hang out at a yacht club.

Didn't Bush and Ralph Lauren design them? If so that makes sense.

I guess it fits the rich USA image though.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
I've always been awestruck by the beauty of Chinese art. The opening ceremonies were the best ever!

One of my golas is to visit China. Gotta get my knee well enough to kick some kung fu a$$! Me and Kung fu steve will go over there and train in the motherland.

What you say Steve? I got a black belt in Chin woo from master Nick Scrima. Also studied Yang style Tai chi under him. (William CC Chen Yang style)

BTW isn't China introducing wushu to the olympics this year?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
There's some sort of scandal going on with the age of China's gymnasts. I guess they have to be 16 at the time of the Olympics, and there are some girls who don't look older than 12...maybe even 10. The officials said that they can't do much since their paperwork is in order, although there are suspicions that the docs are forged. ...I say start checkin' for baby teeth- that, or lower the age. Who cares how old someone is as long as the talent is there?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Its a shame they used lip syncing in the opening ceremony. They thought the actual singer didn't pass the cute factor.

On a positive note. Phelps won his 5th gold. To be known as the greatest Olympian ever is an amazing feat. I hope he takes it with stride.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In reference to women's gymnastics, China is a cheater. Not to take anything away from the greatness they showed, but it isn't fair and I feel bad for the American women.

The China team has at least 3 girls under 16 and to ask us to believe that they are as old, or older, is a ridiculously tall leap of faith. I believe age is an issue because a girl with the frame of a 10 year old has a distinct advantage over a pubescent 16 year old.

I've already seen a pattern emerge in this Olympics: China is willing to do anything to look good and to win and unfortunately, that includes cheating and deception.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Here it comes,...... women's beach volleyball.:icon_super:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What is your favorite Olympic event? I think that mine is weightlifting.

Did you see the Hungarian weightlifter in that freak accident?

LiveLeak.com - Janos Baranyai Weightlifting Mishap

It is disturbing ... but good news, looks like the guy will fully recover, although his weightlifting career might be over.

** WARNING TO VIEWERS, WATCH AT OWN DISCRETION.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Amazing how quick they were to shield the camera. Although in this case its not entirely a bad thing. This has been an interesting Olympics to say the least.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Wow have y'all seen that Chinese woman lifting weights yesterday? She really lifted 154kg and didn't even look overly exhausted like the other women.
I wonder how much male hormones she must have taken to get a body like hercules... as a woman!

Besides I am rather surprised that Germany is currently 3rd in the medals table (behind USA and China). We usually don't do too well at Olympic Summer Games. Hehe, the position won't last too long anyway :rolleyes:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwM1DWGmsc]YouTube - Why I didn't make the olympics![/ame]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.