The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

'The Millionaire Fastlane' Vs. 'Unscripted'

makivelli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 22, 2022
Hello, community!

This is my first post here.

I've recently finished reading 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' and wow...

I'm speechless.

I'm contemplating reading the next book, 'Unscripted ', but I have a fear and I'd like some reassurance from the community, if you may.

The fear is that the book will be repetitive. 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' dropped SO MANY gems that I'm in disbelief that there could be more!

Would you say it is worth another 9 hours, for those who have read' Unscripted '?

Please, please, let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
All 3 books were written to stand on their own (i.e. you don't need to read all 3 for MJ's philosophy)

Whilst some things are repeated of course, they aren't repetitive.

There are things in Unscripted & TGRRE that aren't covered in TMF (I can't say in re to the anniversary edition)

financemailer

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 31, 2022
You should read the Unscripted and the Great Rat Race books. They both have new concepts aside from the Millionaire Fastlane . All 3 books are worth the time and money most definitely. And come back to this forum, there's so many talented people that post here. Everything from MJ DeMarco is worth learning from.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hello, community!

This is my first post here.

I've recently finished reading 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' and wow...

I'm speechless.

I'm contemplating reading the next book, 'Unscripted ', but I have a fear and I'd like some reassurance from the community, if you may.

The fear is that the book will be repetitive. 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' dropped SO MANY gems that I'm in disbelief that there could be more!

Would you say it is worth another 9 hours, for those who have read' Unscripted '?

Please, please, let me know!

Welcome to the Community.

My experience was that;

Millionaire Fastlane is more of a practical approach. A 'how to' manual
Unscripted is more of an indepth overview of the mindset and challenging the 'norms' or scripts our society peddles us
The third book in my view is a good mix of the first two. Its practical and also mindset focused.

I have also realised that repetition is the mother of all learning. Sometimes you get to see new things when reading the same book over again, or in differnent light.

Don't get me wrong, one needs to take risk and action, but I would recommend the read. Think about how much you may have spent on coffee or a meal this week, and then look at the price of the book. Anyway, dont mean to sound like a mindless fanboy here, but you asked, and I would recommend reading it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
The third book in my view is a good mix of the first two. Its practical and also mindset focused.
I think the biggest value of Rat Race Escape is that it makes things more concrete for people who have a hard time with abstract concepts.
While I am in the opposite camp and think in abstract concepts most of the time, there were also many distinctions that made a difference in how I feel about certain aspects.

@ makivelli​

These small distinctions are also what make reading UNSCRIPTED worth it. This is what I wrote after I read the book: GOLD! - HOT! - I've Read UNSCRIPTED!
The book introduces new concepts but also expands on the TMF ones.

It depends a little on the situation ... do you have a business that you are working on and reading would be a distraction from the execution?
Then maybe wait a while and not read Unscripted until you realize that you need a refresher, when you need new impulses or when your belief starts to vanish.

I don't quite remember the content in TMF , but when it comes to planning things out (1 year, 5 years and 10 years) ... there might be chapters ... especially in The Geat Rat Race Escape that could change your trajectory. If you already feel good about the direction you want to take you might not need that right now.

I also think you should plan to read them eventually but make it a question of finding the right time.

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
I enjoyed reading The Great rat race esacpe the best, Millionaire fast lane was a wake up call to read, I did not enjoy reading Unscripted .

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007