The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Metaverse

Anything related to investing, including crypto

RaviX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 14, 2022
What are your guys thoughts on "The Metaverse" and the role of NFTs? Anyone working on something here? Or do you guys think the whole thing is a big scam? Would you guys advertise your business using a NFT? Like using a bored ape with your company logo either on a website or a digital billboard?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
What are your guys thoughts on "The Metaverse" and the role of NFTs? Anyone working on something here? Or do you guys think the whole thing is a big scam? Would you guys advertise your business using a NFT? Like using a bored ape with your company logo either on a website or a digital billboard?
My suggestion is don’t get distracted by the Metaverse (unless you want to be a part of building it) and just focus on NFTs. The only practical application of NFTs I’ve been a part of was around art.

brycek379

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 4, 2022
I think that the Metaverse is just beginning to gain momentum and it is too early to talk about any serious investments in it. However, the fact that large companies are starting to pay attention to creating products for the Metaverse allows us to hope for its successful growth and development.

RaviX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 14, 2022
Do you think that this project can achieve great success?
There are many projects that are being built in this space. Some have already achieved great success like "The Bored Ape Yacht Club" and a handful of others. Some of these NFTs are going well over millions of dollars. At the same time, there have been many failures in this space as well. I personally think that certain NFT/Metaverse projects will have great success in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
The Metaverse is interesting, my first instinct was to write it off but after learning more about it and looking at our current culture and society and trends I believe it is inevitable if the status quo holds.

My ten year old son recently finished reading "Ready Player One" and has his heart set on getting an Occulus VR headset. His generation is ready to go all in online is my belief although it bothers me to admit it for some reason, mainly because technology is a double edged sword. He still plays outside, rides bikes, likes BB guns, etc, but I can see the powerful pull of video games/technology has towards him.

So yeah I would say overall the Metaverse concept is not a scam, as for NFTs right now they may be in scam territory but in the future once the big FB type Metaverses get going I don't believe they will be at that point, it will basically be title/copyright/etc. for those things within the metaverse.

Greg Black

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 24, 2016
Bournemouth, UK.
The full fat Metaverse is still a long way off, I invest in the rails it will run on rather than the current projects as most projects will die, as with most early internet companies / projects. Maybe look at gaming as that is leading the way.

Regarding NFTs, I don't think most people understand what an NFT is. It is not a picture. It is a code on a blockchain that can be used for all sorts of applications. Most of these "NFTs" don't even contain the image, they are simply bits of code containing a link to a Jpeg on a server somewhere.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.