The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The last time I smoke

G

GuestUser8117

Had a cigar with an espresso this afternoon, on the side of the river. I was thinking " why are you doing this, your putting your health in danger". I didn't even like the taste. Pretty disgusting actually. Anyway I was relaxing, sort of meditation.
And I thought "I'm not doing this anymore". This is the last time I will, my health is worth more. Fortunately I can stop whenever I want, I have this sort of power lol. F*ck cancer, seriously guys don't smoke, it will destroy your health, one of your most valuable assets. Better to reward yourself with a glass of whisky.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

N.Entrepreneur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 3, 2013
Boston, MA
I'm a pretty big health and fitness junkie, but I can't say I don't enjoy a nice cigar every once in a while --very relaxing to me. I dont smoke or do any other drugs.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I stopped smoking a lot of times. Last time a few months ago (I think March), but this time its different, feels different. Not one thought goes to cigarettes. I stopped after I stumbled across a book about stopping (by accident, I didnt intend to stop). Its awesome, highly recommended! (dont get distracted by the cheesy title)

Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking: Allen Carr: 9780615482156: Amazon.com: Books

SideSwipe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
OP - good for you. Congrats on the decision. Agreed your health is far more valuable.

I'm a pretty big health and fitness junkie, but I can't say I don't enjoy a nice cigar every once in a while --very relaxing to me. I dont smoke or do any other drugs.
Almost anything in moderation is okay. A cigar or two a year is not going to kill you probably

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking: Allen Carr: 9780615482156: Amazon.com: Books

yup Allen's book is good. I enjoyed it, and was smoke free for awhile. then went back due to massive stress.

But now I only smoke E-cigs, which aren't really that bad. Just vapor water with nicotine in it. nicotine isn't harmful in small doses, kinda like caffeine.

problem is I like smoking, so I might as well smoke something that's waaaaaaaay more healthy.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Tony Robbins says to stop smoking, you must make an identity change. You must not identify yourself as a smoker anymore and anchor new habitual references for that habit.
Though I never smoked or drank and I never will. Probably because since a little kid, I remember my grandfather and my father smoking like hell and I didn't like it so this probably served as a memorable reference for me to separate my identity from a smoker one.
I personally see smokers as emotionally weak people and I like my natural self :coolgleamA:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I switched to e-cigs about 3 months ago.
Thought I was going to taper off smoking but the switch took less than a week.
E-cigs are a lot cheaper too. :)
I use this...
Joyetech eGo-C Starter Kit 1000mAh - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

yup Allen's book is good. I enjoyed it, and was smoke free for awhile. then went back due to massive stress.

But now I only smoke E-cigs, which aren't really that bad. Just vapor water with nicotine in it. nicotine isn't harmful in small doses, kinda like caffeine.

problem is I like smoking, so I might as well smoke something that's waaaaaaaay more healthy.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I personally see smokers as emotionally weak people and I like my natural self

lol calm down dude.

jeez there just cigarettes

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
lol calm down dude.

jeez there just cigarettes

LOL nothing serious here but in my experience, most smokers started it either to look cooler, to "avoid" problems, or to have something to "do" :thumbsup:

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
LOL nothing serious here but in my experience, most smokers started it either to look cooler, to "avoid" problems, or to have something to "do" :thumbsup:

Sounds like putting on pants in the morning

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
I personally see smokers as emotionally weak people

Considering nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs in the world, widely available and legal, anyone who has quit or is trying to quit deserves some measure of respect.

Is it stupid to start in the first place? Sure. But, as with any addictive substance (even something as widely accepted as caffiene), it's way easier to start than it is to exercise immense willpower and quit.

I smoked cigarettes for 16 years and quit a little over two weeks ago, cold-turkey. I'm regularly surrounded by smokers in my life and I have yet to falter (knock on wood).

Tony Robbins says to stop smoking, you must make an identity change. You must not identify yourself as a smoker anymore and anchor new habitual references for that habit.

In my case, I believe this to be true. I've made big lifestyle and mentality changes and I, honestly, can't even fathom smoking anymore or what I was even thinking when I started. Just like with going from poor to millionaire, quitting something as addictive as smoking requires a lifestyle change. It's important to remember, this is true of most things in your life.

Want to look fit, healthy and attractive? How have those habits you've had all your life served you on that front so far? Thought so. Better make some permanent changes if you want results.

Want to be a millionaire and a success? Well, doing the things you've always done and being the person you've always been sure isn't going to work, is it?

I think that's one thing people overlook when they start on their path to financial freedom. Just like with quitting smoking, getting in shape, or any other life-changing endeavor, people forget that they have to make a complete lifestyle change if they want to be a financial success, too.

Kind of rambling at this point, but good luck to anyone kicking the habit and making changes to live a better, healthier, more successful lifestyle.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
LOL nothing serious here but in my experience, most smokers started it either to look cooler, to "avoid" problems, or to have something to "do"

whats your point?

G

GuestUser8117

I kept avoiding the temptation to smoke. But it is very tempting during the summer. Anyway, you guys are right I don't think smoking 1 or 2 cigars a year will kill you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.