The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Illuminati & Conspiracy Theories - For Real Or B.S.?

edmundloh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
May 20, 2011
Malaysia
Are you familiar with the Illuminati, The Secret Society, and Conspiracy Theories?

I didn't hear of it until just two years ago and since then I've been reading about it here and there, now and then.

I've got some pals spewing them; now I think there's an ounce of truth or two to them (like how the world is being controlled and manipulated) but IMO others are just far fetched and downright ridiculous (i.e. the aliens and reptiles LOL)

But I'm really interested to know what some of you guys from America or Europe think. So is there some truth to it, or it's total B.S.?

No right or wrong here. Just want to know what you think about it.

Edmund

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shad0w

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Aug 1, 2011
I used to be into conspiracies when I was like 14.

Personally I find it all bullshit. Powerful men manipulating the masses is nothing new and it is not a conspiracy. They manipulate you to buy their products and vote for them in office. There not trying to round you up in FEMA camps and plant a chip inside your head to control you.

Same goes for the 9/11 conspiracies and the whole devil symbols on the back of the one dollar bill bullcrap, or whatever it was, I cant even remember honestly.

Just research more and you will find its all lies.

But I do believe there's something in the JFK conspiracies. That is the conspiracy I will believe.

ice

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 27, 2011
Chicago suburb
There is a quote that says "conspiracy theories are the sophistication of the ignorant."

But.... as far as One World Order (which is a conspiracy theory type of subject).... there was a section devoted to the subject of Global Governance at the London School of Economics which is a reputable university.

From wikipedia:

"LSE Global Governance was established in 1992 by Lord Desai and acts as the Centre for the Study of Global Governance. Victor Dahdaleh is honorary president and chairman of the advisory board. The Centre is located and associated with the London School of Economics and Political Science. The advisory board include a number of notable figures including Hungarian-American financier, businessman and philanthropist George Soros."

There were several professors there called professors of Global Governance including Mary Kaldor.

But July 31, 2011 the center was closed down..........

And my thinking is...... the British were making the study of Global Governance official... are they really shutting it down? I wonder how popular the idea of Global Governance is in academic circles? In the U.N. etc?

Here is the article about shutting it down.....
LSE Global Governance to close on 31 July 2011 - 07 - 2011 - News archive - News - News and media - Home

Here is Prof. Mary Kaldor's book called "Global Civil Society: An Answer to War"

Amazon.com: Global Civil Society: An Answer to War (9780745627588): Mary Kaldor: Books

I don't think of it as a conspiracy theory..... I just think of it as a trend... and I wonder how popular the trend is... and I'm against Global Governance due to the issue of corruption.

Edit: When I asked are the British "really" shutting it down, I meant, Mary Kaldor is going to the department called "Department of International Development" so is that just a gentler way of saying "global governance"... ? Like same mission, but different name?

Also.... in a conspiracy vein if you read the article about shutting it down..... (the article is straight from the London School of Economics itself)... it was precipitated by Gaddafi giving them $3 million dollars (1.5 million pounds).... and what did he expect in exchange for this "gift"? Yeah, that's why they shut it down! Political implosion.... but what happens next?

Last edited:

hekks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 2, 2011
Chicago
Anyone I've ever met who truly believed in conspiracy theories was a lifelong fast-food worker and avid pot smoker. Having said that, I think that the belief in conspiracy theories is a scapegoat for an overall unwillingness to participate in society and do something meaningful with one's life. After all, why try if the big bad Illuminati control the world anyway?

Bunch of bullshit. It's only true to the extent that there ARE massively wealthy and influential people out there that DO act through political figures if not through their own means. But I don't see that as conspiracy, just a fact of life that people need to get over. Yes, money in massive amounts can buy affluence - no big news there!

So to sum up, conspiracy theories merely take the basic facts of the matter and blow them up into insane proportions which lazy, unmotivated, tin-foil-hat-wearing nutjobs can use as a scapegoat for their apathy toward organized society.

/end rant

Though I would like to say that there are intelligent people out there who actually do RESEARCH and form their own opinions on these matters, rather than watching pseudo-journalism like Zeitgeist on Youtube.

So, my bottom line: they are largely bullshit with just a bit of thinly-spread truth. And that doesn't do anyone a damn bit of good, especially younger impressionable minds who will be jaded by this type of trash!

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I don't subscribe to any of their positions, but I find fictional books on them really interesting!

D

DeletedUser394

Hey hey, I've got the low down on a conspiracy theory that is really true!! All you have to do is purchase my book about it for $19.99 and then follow that up with my $29.99 dvd purchase, and you'll see the truth behind the cover up as well!

Once I've got you scared and looking for security, then you can buy my $999 survival pack, that you can only buy from me, for when the flesh eating zombies take over the world and my conspiracy is proven true!

CyrusVirus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 7, 2011
When your life runs on a predictable routine, these conspiracy theories do spice up your otherwise boring daily routine. It gets a little more fun when you observe a group of people who believes the same stuff, they get really high on this. And it's fun to watch how serious they get with this.

I guess it makes people feel mysterious since they know about what is 'really' happening behind the scenes while the others are 'oblivious' to it. I do enjoy it whenever someone tells me these stories, since it's like a director telling you his vision of a story.

Fictional or not, for people who are busy forging an on-ramp towards the fastlane; I doubt they have the luxury of time to participate in the obsessive 'digging' of such materials.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Find me a profitable conspiracy I can cash in on; then consider me a true believer :)

mcjon77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 5, 2011
The problem with the whole "Illuminati" conspiracy stuff is that, regardless of whether it is true or not, it is completely irrelevant to my daily life.
1) I cannot prove it exists
2) Even if it did exist, I have no way to stop/change it.
3) Even if it did exist, that in no way causes me to change my behavior in my life.

So, what is the point of worrying about it? It would be like someone saying that many things that we call chance in life are controlled by the ghosts of thousands of dead ferrets who flip gold coins in the underworld. The dead ferrets and the Illuminati, if either exist, are things that I have absolutely no control over, so I don't waste my time reading about them, or contemplating their imagined actions. I have better things to do.

Now, as to why people believe it, that is an interesting question. My personal opinion is that people believe it because they are looking for some kind of reason/excuse for their situation in life, both the things that they control and the things that they don't. Some guy wonders why he was born dirt poor, to a single mom, in some trailer park in Arkansas with no hope of anything beyond Junior College, while some other guy was born on the same day to a wealthy family in Connecticut and is a shoe-in to go to Harvard/Yale/Princeton because he is a 4th generation legacy. It is more comforting to believe that there is some vast conspiracy that is keeping him and his family oppressed, than to think that he just came up short in the genetic/family lottery.

To make it more relevant to this forum, imagine Joe Average watching on the news about the latest internet/hedge fund billionaire who is his age OR YOUNGER. It is MUCH MUCH easier to think that the reason why the billionaire has success and Joe Average is stuck in the slowlane is because some thousand year old, secret organization that controls the world "decided" that the billionaire was going to be successful, and not Joe Average, than to realize that Joe Average never took the risks to venture out into his own business, and the effort to learn all of those new skills.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Do you want to know why the US never attempted to invade Iran? Well. . .because we know they ACTUALLY have nuclear weapons.

As I have become more educated on the subject it is clear to me that countries that do not have, or cant get, WMD's are a myth. Every country who's got the cash and the means can get one; ever heard of the black market; yes they sell these on there also ;). Hope this makes everyone feel safe tonight. Take care.

A

Anon3587x

As I have become more educated on the subject it is clear to me that countries that do not have, or cant get, WMD's are a myth. Every country who's got the cash and the means can get one; ever heard of the black market; yes they sell these on there also ;). Hope this makes everyone feel safe tonight. Take care.

Iraq sure had the cash but they didn't have any.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011

Calgary

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 28, 2011
Hey hey, I've got the low down on a conspiracy theory that is really true!! All you have to do is purchase my book about it for $19.99 and then follow that up with my $29.99 dvd purchase, and you'll see the truth behind the cover up as well!

Once I've got you scared and looking for security, then you can buy my $999 survival pack, that you can only buy from me, for when the flesh eating zombies take over the world and my conspiracy is proven true!

Oh, a quick google search led me to a torrent file. It isn't illegal in Canada yet sooo.... haha you won't make a lot of money off of that. (Yes, I understand that your post was a joke)

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
I studied Conspiracy type stuff for about a year and these are the conclusions I came up with:

1. There is no "illuminati" There is however people who forge alliances that break up over generations to build wealth on a massive scale. I see Trump, robbins and kyosaki have teamed up on a world tour.

2. The myths about how the Central banks operate as "exposed" by films such at "zeitgest" Are fiction. Banks run much differently \than what is portrayed. Deposits are a liability to a bank. Not an asset. The Central banking system in The US is different in that it can print its own money out of thin air. That is totally true. And the burden of the backing of this money is put on the tax payers as interest and more taxes in general. A lot of effort is put into place to keep this money system into place because I a lot of money is at stake. I was personally sucked into this one until I found out about the truth. I still don't like central banking as it creates long drawn out depressions instead of quick fast ones but thats just me.

3. JFK was shot and then his Gold standard money (red sealed money series 1963) was repealed by LBJ. You figure that one out.

4. 9/11 was carried out by 20 Islamic terrorists pissed off at America.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
mcjon77 said:
The problem with the whole "Illuminati" conspiracy stuff is that, regardless of whether it is true or not, it is completely irrelevant to my daily life.
3) Even if it did exist, that in no way causes me to change my behavior in my life.

So, what is the point of worrying about it?
BINGO!!! Give the man a ceegar! :thumbsup:

edmundloh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
May 20, 2011
Malaysia

Easily one of the best answers I've seen here.

Edmund

lilc800

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 20, 2011
Texas
I not only believe they are but I know they are.. I guess you guys don't know as much as me but I thought you would since I am in high school and I have studied and researched this many times.. The illminuati is real and you might say "oh well who is in it?" or something but the truth is not anyone can just join this society like they could in the past.. Cause at first since it was a group created by free mason members (not saying all free mason a illminuati) but some were.. People say why would the government want to control us well that's a dumb question as you see everyday they are making new laws and news stuff to get more of are info slowly they will begin to try to control every thing in our daily lives.. But I don't think the people will stand for it.. There's a lot on the illminuati so try doing more research and remember that it did REALLY exist a long time it could have died out but it can always be reborn

Sep 30, 2011
For all I know, the Freemasons may exist, the Vatican might use all that money to come up with something, extra-terrestrials may even exist.

However, why need conspiracies to keep alert? Why not look at global warming, CO2 emissions, oil/gas industry which dominates any forms of quantum/magnetic field funding for harnessing free energy or more efficient resources, corrupt politicians in america, etc. etc? There are all threats but your life is not there so you can worry and live like a squirrel saving acorns for the winter. It's there so you can experience it and have a blast living life. No regrets.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.