The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Idiot Test

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Ok, my math teacher gave us this test and wanted to see how smart we are.

Directions: Here is a short fun quiz designed for fun. Do not feel stupid if you don't score well, it's just for fun.

Post your answers. No cheating.

I will post the answers tomorrow afternoon. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

1. A purple house is one story and everything is purple. The doors are purple, the sofa is purple, the refrigerator is purple. ( go on as long as you like) Now what color are the stairs?

2. A park is located in the Northeastern United States. It's mid winter and there is a strong wind blowing in the east direction. In what direction are the leaves being blown?

3. There is a plane traveling from New York to Canada at 300 MPH, but unfortunately just as it reaches the border between New York and Canada, it crashes into a mountain. Where do they bury the survivors, in New York, or in Canada?

4. Standing in an open pasture are a Papa Bull and a Baby Bull, which member of the family is missing?

5. This part of the test involves numbers. You're the driver of a bus. You stop on a corner and pick up 3 people. At the second stop 2 people get off and 5 people get on. At the next stop 7 people get on and 4 people get off. At the fourth stop, 7 people get on and 6 people get off. Finally, at the last stop, 3 people get on and 5 people get off. How old is the bus driver?

6. Which is correct: Five and four are eight or five and four is eight?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
1. no stairs
2. no leaves on trees
3. where are the victims from?
4. cow
5. old enough to drive a bus
6. neither

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
1. There are no stairs in a one story building.

2. I would say that there are no leaves in mid-winter, but I live in the northeast, and know that isn't true, so I'll say to the east.

3. They don't bury survivors.

4. Mama Moo Cow. Definitely not Mama Bull.

5. 52, in my case.

6. Neither. Five and four are nine.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
1. only one floor
2. no leaves on trees- unless it is the type of oak that holds them through winter. then they will be blowing east
3. you do not bury survivors. they might object.
4. a heffer
5. 32
6. neither

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
1) there are no stairs.

2) there are no leaves

3) hopefully they aren't so cruel to bury the survivors alive.

4) the mama cow

5) 32

6) neither one is correct

jganz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 11, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
You open your front door. You walk 10 miles south. You see a bear and it chases you 2 miles east. You walk 10 miles north. You open your front door and go inside. What color was the bear?

A rooster lays an egg exactly on the top of a pitched roof. Which way does the egg roll, east or west?

When was the war of 1812?

You have 2 american coins that add up to 55 cents. One of them is not a nickle. What are the 2 coins?

*there are a million of these*

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
You open your front door. You walk 10 miles south. You see a bear and it chases you 2 miles east. You walk 10 miles north. You open your front door and go inside. What color was the bear?

A rooster lays an egg exactly on the top of a pitched roof. Which way does the egg roll, east or west?

When was the war of 1812?

You have 2 american coins that add up to 55 cents. One of them is not a nickle. What are the 2 coins?

1. White..Only the North Pole works.. Ask Runum about Polar Bears.

2. Modern Science is pushing the limits, but Roosters still don't lay eggs.

3. 1812 Unless using other calanders.

4. Half dollar and a nickel, Only one is not a nickel, the other is.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
1. Stairs leading to the cellar are purple.

2. There are plenty of dead leaves in Winter, and coniferous trees do not lose leaves in the winter, therefore I would say in the Easterly direction.

3. Cannot bury survivors legally in Canada nor New York.

4. The Cow

5. 34 :)

6. Neither

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
1. Stairs outside going up to the front door are purple. Stairs inside are invisible (It's a single story house). RE note: Many single story houses have basements. If so, the stairs going down to the basement will be brown.

2. Sorry, no leaves on trees in midwinter. However, if you're like me, and haven't cleaned up your leaves from a few months ago, the leaves might be blowing east w/the wind-- unless they're covered by snow!

. . . am I overthinking these questions? ;)

3. Oy. If you bury survivors, they're gonna be pissed (since they're still alive). However, I'd prolly bury them in Canada (better health care for plane crash survivors)

4. Mama Cow. Moo! (or Pee Wee Herman, if you're into that kind of thing . . .)

5. Cute. I'm the driver. The driver is as old as I am (which, for me, is really, really old . . . ;) )

6. Is this in Base 10? If so, the answer is Neither. Five and four is nine. Or was it 13 in base 6? 12 in base 7? Shoot, there I go, thinking in alternate dimensions again . . .

-Russ H.

PS This was fun. Wrote the answers in a separate doc as I read the q's so as not to get a "peek" at other people's answers! :)

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
1. A purple house is one story and everything is purple. The doors are purple, the sofa is purple, the refrigerator is purple. ( go on as long as you like) Now what color are the stairs?

There are no stairs, because it is a one bedroom house.

2. A park is located in the Northeastern United States. It's mid winter and there is a strong wind blowing in the east direction. In what direction are the leaves being blown?

Nowhere, as there are no leaves on trees in the middle of winter in the Northeastern US.

3. There is a plane traveling from New York to Canada at 300 MPH, but unfortunately just as it reaches the border between New York and Canada, it crashes into a mountain. Where do they bury the survivors, in New York, or in Canada?

Survivors are not buried, as they are still alive.

4. Standing in an open pasture are a Papa Bull and a Baby Bull, which member of the family is missing?

Momma Cow would be the answer, as female bovines are cows and not bulls.

5. This part of the test involves numbers. You're the driver of a bus. You stop on a corner and pick up 3 people. At the second stop 2 people get off and 5 people get on. At the next stop 7 people get on and 4 people get off. At the fourth stop, 7 people get on and 6 people get off. Finally, at the last stop, 3 people get on and 5 people get off. How old is the bus driver?

31, since I would be the bus driver. However, there are eight passengers remaining on the bus. :smxB:

6. Which is correct: Five and four are eight or five and four is eight?

Neither is correct, because five plus four equals nine.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
And the answers are..............

1. There are no stairs in a 1 story house.

2. There are no leaves on trees during mid-winter. Except pine trees and those are called "needles"

3. Survivors can't be buried.

4. Momma Cow is missing.

5. Your the bus driver!

6. Neither. 4 and 5 are/is 9.

Thank You everyone that participated. These tests make you think out of the box and to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Hope everyone enjoyed them!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I'm stubborn and still stinking to my answers for questions #1 and #2 :smxB:

:tiphat: