The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Hypocrisy

A post of a ranting nature...

SaberAbe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 16, 2020
Toronto
Just watched Alux's video 15 Best Books to Get Rich where they put The Millionaire Fastlane as #3. If these people actually read these books, how in the world could they possibly put "Rich Dad Poor Dad" and "Money Master The Game" and many other penny-pinching slowlane books that preach frugality and the compound interest scam. There's no way that someone can recommend half these books after reading TMF . At least it's giving a spotlight to TMF but I just feel bad for people who order these books and realized they've been scammed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
RDPD is a good book that is business based so it isn't unusual that it is there.

TR, Master the Game I'm guessing is for people who are professionals and have no interest in owning a business, and that's a lot of folks. So "get rich" there might be relative.

I just feel bad for people who order these books and realized they've been scammed

I'm guessing none of these books are "scams" -- just an expansion of one's knowledge base and reflective on one's goals. Lets not be binary in our thinking and lets not be fooled. Not everyone wants to own a business, not everyone wants Lambos and big homes, and not everyone cares about unbridled freedom. Most folks, sorry to say, would sell their soul for a little security.

Sure, some of the books aren't books I'd recommend from a Fastlane/Unscripted perspective, but the list makes sense as it has a strategy for everyone.

SaberAbe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 16, 2020
Toronto
RDPD is a good book that is business based so it isn't unusual that it is there.

TR, Master the Game I'm guessing is for people who are professionals and have no interest in owning a business, and that's a lot of folks. So "get rich" there might be relative.

I'm guessing none of these books are "scams" -- just an expansion of one's knowledge base and reflective on one's goals. Lets not be binary in our thinking and lets not be fooled. Not everyone wants to own a business, not everyone wants Lambos and big homes, and not everyone cares about unbridled freedom. Most folks, sorry to say, would sell their soul for a little security.

Sure, some of the books aren't books I'd recommend from a Fastlane/Unscripted perspective, but the list makes sense as it has a strategy for everyone.
I guess you're right that they aren't scams per say, but I wish these books would say how long it would take and how much frugality you'd have to endure to get "rich". Not to mention the risks associated with just leaving your money in Wall St's hands. I suppose it all depends on how one defines rich as well

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Just watched Alux's video 15 Best Books to Get Rich where they put The Millionaire Fastlane as #3. If these people actually read these books, how in the world could they possibly put "Rich Dad Poor Dad" and "Money Master The Game" and many other penny-pinching slowlane books that preach frugality and the compound interest scam. There's no way that someone can recommend half these books after reading TMF . At least it's giving a spotlight to TMF but I just feel bad for people who order these books and realized they've been scammed
TMF/unscripted is more advanced and modern in its business knowledge, compared to rdpd which is more of an opener.

I see a lot of overlap in TMF/unscripted with Silicon Valley Kind of doctrine, except that TMF/unscripted targets more for cashflow and ability to generate profit as priority whereas Silicon Valley tend to focus More on growth and raising money from VC.

Just to name a few that I think are modern day wisdom:
-Providing overwhelming value Relative to cost
-Rely More on word of mouth referral over paid Advertising
-Continuous effort in Business Operation optimization as core competency

You cannot find them in “four green houses and on red hotel”.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
TMF & Unscripted are THE best books EVER!! I've said it before & I'll say it again.

Everytime I read something business / finance related or whatever, I always roll my eyes and think 'scam' & 'subpar'. Just nothing I've seen or read are in the same league as those two books.

EDIT: I believe that all gurus actually provide SOMETHING of value. You kinda have to dig through the book and be savvy enough to pick out where the life-changing gems are. A huge flaw is that these gurus NEVER tell you the whole story. They give you snippets mixed in with a bowl of 'what?' and sell it as a book. You can't exactly say they're a total scam. They just never tell you the whole picture or whole truth.

abhishekk_33

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jun 14, 2020
Bihar,India
it's giving a spotlight to TMF but I just feel bad for people who order these books and realized they've been scammed
I've read both TMF and Unscripted .
But still I believe RDPD is the best starting book for any person who wants to take control of his financial aspects of life.

Robert has explained many great stuffs from 'introduction of assets and liabilities' to 'rich people's mindset' to 'cynicysm' and much more.

He has also explained the importance of accounting (reading numbers), economics,and management in real world.

And it cannot be called as scam.
Robert has mentioned in his book that "it is not a get rich quick book"

After all he made his wealth with real estate (and books of course).

it is my personal opinion but...i would still encourage beginners to read RDPD first and then MJ's books.

Reading RDPD only and implementing it would be foolishness..
Only a fool would do that.
After all it was written in late 1990s.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
As it so happens, I read RDPD before TMF & Unscripted .
I'm so blessed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As it so happens, I read RDPD before TMF & Unscripted.

In truth, there's a good probability this is true for many people who gravitate to books in the money genre. RDPD and "Think and Grow Rich" are the two stalwarts in the genre. 4HWW as well.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I think it's grossly unfair that RDPD reigns over TMF in sales.
They're not in the same league.

Anyone know what marketing campaign Kiyosaki used to propel his book?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Kiyosaki and his good friend Trump are good in selling Business books based on their charisma and marketing skill.

But if you dig into their core business competency it is the effective use of bankruptcy laws to make smart business bets.

They let their companies get into situations with huge growth opportunities but also huge risk for potential liability. When things go south they declared their Companies bankrupt but their personal Fortunes grow.

Grandmaster in use of accounting Principles and bankruptcy laws.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
That is the one thing to learn from them- how to leverage bankruptcy laws.

Funny how they don't write a book on that..
That's what I mean by these authors never telling you the whole truth.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
That is the one thing to learn from them- how to leverage bankruptcy laws.

Funny how they don't write a book on that..
That's what I mean by these authors never telling you the whole truth.
For obvious reason they cannot teach these “black magic” in public. They can only teach what is socially acceptable.

But this is what accounts for their financial success, together with their good marketing skills, if their fans really read their biographies.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I'd pay big bucks to learn their black (legal) magic.

*Getting the underground elves to page their garden gnomes now..*

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Being MLM friendly didn't hurt.

Many years ago when I was doing MLM, everytime we 'showed the plan', we talked about Kiyosaki's Cashflow Quadrant and lent out a copy of the book for each prospect to read. We'd need a few spare copies of the book until we got the ones we lent out back. So if you multiply the number of distributors in the MLM(s) by a few books each, you have a nice number of sales there.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
For obvious reason they cannot teach these “black magic” in public. They can only teach what is socially acceptable.

But this is what accounts for their financial success, together with their good marketing skills, if their fans really read their biographies.

Just curious, where do you get the kind of financial knowledge you have? From reading your posts, you obviously know a lot about stuff like economics, accounting and finance. Does one need some degree in these to be able to "read" into companies' business models like how you did? Bachelor Degree in Finance? Economics? Can it be self-taught? Maybe by reading books like "Accounting for Dummies"?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Since were on the topic of great books, Grant Cardones 10x and Felix Dennis How to Get Rich are absolutely amazing. Loving Felix's book (2nd time going through)

It's inspiring to hear someone that's earned hundreds of millions of dollars (and blew over a hundred million on shenanigans) reflect on his past and talk about his mistakes. ''How to Get Rich'' is a MUST read, aswell as 10x

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I think it's grossly unfair that RDPD reigns over TMF in sales.
They're not in the same league.

Think MJ mentioned before he barely marketed his book, which would be the reason for a lower amount of sales. Aswell as Robert being ''famous''

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Just curious, where do you get the kind of financial knowledge you have? From reading your posts, you obviously know a lot about stuff like economics, accounting and finance. Does one need some degree in these to be able to "read" into companies' business models like how you did? Bachelor Degree in Finance? Economics? Can it be self-taught? Maybe by reading books like "Accounting for Dummies"?
I did Economics degree. But it is more due to personal interest that I read more into it. These are knowledge that do have not a direct avenue for monetisation, and I doubt anyone can accumulate a lot without having an interest. It is not like coding or video shooting skills that can help you to start a project immediately.

Back to the topic on Trump and Kioyosaki, it is more about having a analytical attitude and asking questions. After reading their bio, the question is why they are having series of company bankruptcies but they are getting richer and richer?

No body will be completely open on how they achieved certain things either because they have no incentive to teach or it might make themselves look bad in certain way.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Think MJ mentioned before he barely marketed his book, which would be the reason for a lower amount of sales. Aswell as Robert being ''famous''
I guess it is too early for “mass adoption”.

You cannot expect elementary school kids to buy calculus textbooks.

As I see it “business content” readers In the English language sphere by and large still prefer business content books with good entertainment value and Good emotional inspiration. You will not get famous for writing a “how to start a business” book without good story telling skills of “rag to riches” or emotional stirs like “work hard and hustle”, “Never give up” and “Follow your dream”.

I also read business content in Chinese language. There is increasing signs of motivational fatigue in the market and they demand High quality content without the fluff. They even coined a term for it called “dry stocks”. There is a serial Internet entrepreneur who went Viral on bilibili for sharing business case studies and step by step guide on how to write a bp.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.