The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The hard way…

sirokova.co.uk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2023
*Hello everyone!**

I'm excited to share my story, which may not impress you financially but will hopefully give you a glimpse into my journey and where I'm headed.

**Born in Latvia:** To jump ahead, I'm currently based in Glasgow and desperately seeking someone on the same wavelength to connect with, brainstorm ideas, and share knowledge. My story starts in Latvia, where I was born into a working-class family. However, most of my childhood (15 years) was spent in Russia. My parents divorced when I was 3, and my mother and I moved in with her boyfriend (a medical student at the time). During those 12 years, I visited my dad's new family on weekends, living between his warm and fun house with two half-brothers and mother’s rented room in a flat filled with cockroaches and alcoholic neighbors.

**University & Early Work:** At 15, we moved back to Latvia due to my EU citizenship. My parents believed it would be best for me to get my degree there (a bit of a red flag in hindsight!). Four years later, I moved to Scotland to pursue an architecture degree. From year two onwards, I had to support myself through a demanding schedule: cleaning raw meat fridges, staring at 5 after walking through graveyards path at night to get to the job, photographing kids in a mall to generate lead for an employer, running a Michelin-recommended restaurant front-of-house role and cleaning pub toilets until 4 am. On top of all that, I freelanced in digital branding and website building during my later years. It was intense, often requiring two jobs alongside my full-time architecture studies to afford food, materials, and bills.

**Stress & Resilience:** Needless to say, I ended up in the hospital, facing the potential loss of my vision due to stress and sleep deprivation. But I pushed through and recovered! I ultimately obtained my BArch with Honors and a Masters with Merit. Physically and intellectually challenging, I'm still glad I got my degree. Architecture taught me to analyze and question "truths," something that wouldn't have been possible without it. As you might have guessed, I became a qualified architect. However, it took me seven years of academic study and two additional years of in-work training to pass the necessary exams and join the professional board.

**Finding Balance:** Since then, I've learned to manage stress effectively, finding the sweet spot between hard work and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Then, along came C0VlD-19. I kept my job, being one of the few who remained with the company (not too surprising, considering my past, eh? ). Working from home during this period planted some interesting seeds. I started devouring various learning materials (YouTube, podcasts, ebooks) on any and everything, searching for something more fulfilling than the work-die routine. The world seemingly stopping all flights within 24 hours was a particularly enlightening moment, making me realize we're all playing by someone else's rules. No longer content with being a puppet, I began questioning everything.

**Seeking New Horizons:** The crux of my story is this: I know I'm capable of achieving anything I set my mind to. The problem is, the scripted path of school-university-job felt comfortable and familiar, making it easy to follow. Now, I crave financial freedom, but there's no clear-cut plan this time around. I recently enrolled in a drop-shipping program, paying a mentor for lifetime access to pre-recorded lessons. While they do update the content and offer good tech support, I understand the model's limitations: it primarily benefits the mentor, not necessarily the students. Still, I haven't found a better approach at this point.

**Motherhood & Entrepreneurship:** As a new mother, I grind through drop-shipping at night to test it. However, I envision something bigger for myself and my family. That's why I believe this forum can be a valuable resource for my next steps. In the meantime, to supplement my income during my maternity leave, I'm building a drone flying business for building roof and fabric surveys. It's an easy-money option, leveraging my and my husband's skills and drone ownership, but it won't be the key to financial independence.

**Connecting in Glasgow:** So here I am! If you're in Glasgow and up for a chat, I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you for reading! @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Welcome to the forum, good luck on your journey!

sirokova.co.uk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2023
Thank you!
Thank you!
I should have added that I would be grateful to receive any recommendations on books and other legitimate sources to further educate myself in the topic of finances and business. As I stepping stone I am considering buying a high end cabin for luxury stays but I have no idea where to start to calculate risks involved. Sure thing chat GPT/ Bard are helpful, but I would like to back them up with my own knowledge.

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
Thank you!

Thank you!
I should have added that I would be grateful to receive any recommendations on books and other legitimate sources to further educate myself in the topic of finances and business. As I stepping stone I am considering buying a high end cabin for luxury stays but I have no idea where to start to calculate risks involved. Sure thing chat GPT/ Bard are helpful, but I would like to back them up with my own knowledge.
Books I highly reccomend:
Of course Mj's books, especially Unscripted .
But also $100M Leads and $100M Offers by Alex Hormonzi, they are gold.

Good luck on you journey!

sirokova.co.uk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2023
Books I highly reccomend:
Of course Mj's books, especially Unscripted .
But also $100M Leads and $100M Offers by Alex Hormonzi, they are gold.

Good luck on you journey!
Thank you! I am half way through unscripted . Purchased it straight after the MF one. I will give a go the the Hormonzi books too.
I guess online sales is what I am drown the most to, so will start somewhere

Last edited:

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
*Hello everyone!**

I'm excited to share my story, which may not impress you financially but will hopefully give you a glimpse into my journey and where I'm headed.

**Born in Latvia:** To jump ahead, I'm currently based in Glasgow and desperately seeking someone on the same wavelength to connect with, brainstorm ideas, and share knowledge. My story starts in Latvia, where I was born into a working-class family. However, most of my childhood (15 years) was spent in Russia. My parents divorced when I was 3, and my mother and I moved in with her boyfriend (a medical student at the time). During those 12 years, I visited my dad's new family on weekends, living between his warm and fun house with two half-brothers and mother’s rented room in a flat filled with cockroaches and alcoholic neighbors.

**University & Early Work:** At 15, we moved back to Latvia due to my EU citizenship. My parents believed it would be best for me to get my degree there (a bit of a red flag in hindsight!). Four years later, I moved to Scotland to pursue an architecture degree. From year two onwards, I had to support myself through a demanding schedule: cleaning raw meat fridges, staring at 5 after walking through graveyards path at night to get to the job, photographing kids in a mall to generate lead for an employer, running a Michelin-recommended restaurant front-of-house role and cleaning pub toilets until 4 am. On top of all that, I freelanced in digital branding and website building during my later years. It was intense, often requiring two jobs alongside my full-time architecture studies to afford food, materials, and bills.

**Stress & Resilience:** Needless to say, I ended up in the hospital, facing the potential loss of my vision due to stress and sleep deprivation. But I pushed through and recovered! I ultimately obtained my BArch with Honors and a Masters with Merit. Physically and intellectually challenging, I'm still glad I got my degree. Architecture taught me to analyze and question "truths," something that wouldn't have been possible without it. As you might have guessed, I became a qualified architect. However, it took me seven years of academic study and two additional years of in-work training to pass the necessary exams and join the professional board.

**Finding Balance:** Since then, I've learned to manage stress effectively, finding the sweet spot between hard work and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Then, along came C0VlD-19. I kept my job, being one of the few who remained with the company (not too surprising, considering my past, eh? ). Working from home during this period planted some interesting seeds. I started devouring various learning materials (YouTube, podcasts, ebooks) on any and everything, searching for something more fulfilling than the work-die routine. The world seemingly stopping all flights within 24 hours was a particularly enlightening moment, making me realize we're all playing by someone else's rules. No longer content with being a puppet, I began questioning everything.

**Seeking New Horizons:** The crux of my story is this: I know I'm capable of achieving anything I set my mind to. The problem is, the scripted path of school-university-job felt comfortable and familiar, making it easy to follow. Now, I crave financial freedom, but there's no clear-cut plan this time around. I recently enrolled in a drop-shipping program, paying a mentor for lifetime access to pre-recorded lessons. While they do update the content and offer good tech support, I understand the model's limitations: it primarily benefits the mentor, not necessarily the students. Still, I haven't found a better approach at this point.

**Motherhood & Entrepreneurship:** As a new mother, I grind through drop-shipping at night to test it. However, I envision something bigger for myself and my family. That's why I believe this forum can be a valuable resource for my next steps. In the meantime, to supplement my income during my maternity leave, I'm building a drone flying business for building roof and fabric surveys. It's an easy-money option, leveraging my and my husband's skills and drone ownership, but it won't be the key to financial independence.

**Connecting in Glasgow:** So here I am! If you're in Glasgow and up for a chat, I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you for reading! @MJ DeMarco
Hi, sirokova.co.uk, welcome to the forum!

You have had an interesting and hard journey, good job on pushing through and not giving up! The skill of pushing through the hard times will be really useful in the journey that you still have ahead of you.

The core idea to build a business is to find a problem that people have and are actually interested in solving and then providing the solution to this problem to those people. So first comes the WHY (the problem, the need, the want) and then comes the HOW (the solution). Refocusing on the WHY is something you could improve in your current approach rather than going all in on the HOW, as you focusing on drop-shipping is the same as focusing on the HOW.

You most probably had encountered many problems during your hard journey, so you could try to remember the most painful ones, write them down and then start researching them to find out whether other people have them too. Once you have found a problem that other people also have and interested in solving, you can start to focus on the HOW and by following this approach, rather than starting with the HOW, you will have a much higher chance of success.

Be sure to read through the High Value Topics and Gold threads as they will have a lot of useful information on many topics that may be interesting and helpful to you reaching your goals.

Other than MJ's books, I would recommend you to read through the DotCom Secrets trilogy by Russell Brunson, this trilogy is a good source of knowledge for online marketing.

Most importantly, remember that as long as you don't give up and continue making progress daily, eventually you will reach your goal.

Good luck on your journey!

sirokova.co.uk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2023
Hi, sirokova.co.uk, welcome to the forum!

You have had an interesting and hard journey, good job on pushing through and not giving up! The skill of pushing through the hard times will be really useful in the journey that you still have ahead of you.

The core idea to build a business is to find a problem that people have and are actually interested in solving and then providing the solution to this problem to those people. So first comes the WHY (the problem, the need, the want) and then comes the HOW (the solution). Refocusing on the WHY is something you could improve in your current approach rather than going all in on the HOW, as you focusing on drop-shipping is the same as focusing on the HOW.

You most probably had encountered many problems during your hard journey, so you could try to remember the most painful ones, write them down and then start researching them to find out whether other people have them too. Once you have found a problem that other people also have and interested in solving, you can start to focus on the HOW and by following this approach, rather than starting with the HOW, you will have a much higher chance of success.

Be sure to read through the High Value Topics and Gold threads as they will have a lot of useful information on many topics that may be interesting and helpful to you reaching your goals.

Other than MJ's books, I would recommend you to read through the DotCom Secrets trilogy by Russell Brunson, this trilogy is a good source of knowledge for online marketing.

Most importantly, remember that as long as you don't give up and continue making progress daily, eventually you will reach your goal.

Good luck on your journey!
This is a great comment, thank you.
I am glad to hear that what’s advised is what i am focusing on at the moment. It’s very reassuring and as a result - motivating. I will stick to it and give book a go tonight.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...