The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Great Rat-Race Escape by MJ DeMarco, Now Available (All formats!)

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Hi MJ,

Thank you for your books and creating this forum for us. Your books are definitely my life-changer. Your books opened the door to many possibilities in the entrepreneur world that I didn't even think was possible before. Yes, no doubt the journey is challenging, but like you said, I rather die failing than not trying.

Your 3As strategy doesn't just apply to business. It can be apply to almost everything that required problem solving!! I used it when I failed a test, in poor friendships, and even when I have a bad day to troubleshoot what went wrong and how I can improve. It is so, so useful in my life and changed the way how I approach the world.

I love your tone, animated voice, energy. Your voice is chill, yet powerful, not like some intellectual college professor who bore you to sleep, but actually like my close friend giving me the wake up call. The Sam and Jeff story was a killer. There is no better way than how you format it in the book. That story really open my eyes that anything is possible with the right mindset and strategies.

Thank you again! I will definitely keep your strategies in mind as I continue fighting for my freedom.

Cheers!
Bang

I want to emphasize what he is saying. When I first laid my hands on TMF two years ago, it was a new beginning for me, a journey with this incredible community.

This forum gave me hope by showing all the possibilities and differents stories that happened, and really unlocked my will to learn and do, the smartiest way possible.

I’m at the point where failing doesn’t really matter anymore, because I know I'll get something out of it.

I'm realizing that results matter more than social conventions.

This place is awesome and I’m so glad I found it before I fell into traps of bro-MLM-whatever-gurus

The Fastlane concept and community is definitely an incredible entry point for all entrepreneurial considerations

Thanks to the people who keep this place alive and special thanks to @MJ DeMarco for busting me out of depression 2 years ago. You really have huge impact on people lives

(and furthermore you used to like Hip-Hop but that's not the point hahaha)

Your new book is very ordered and I will not fail to tell people about it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I got the Audible version and I'm listening for the 3rd time! It's easy to follow, it's so detailed, and every teaching in it you can apply to your life right away. It goes into business but also how to live a successful life like how to not let your past keep you down and how to marry the right person which were amazing bonuses as those are things I'm working on right now too so now I have no need to get books on those subjects. Get your copy now!

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
MJ your book is about to suffer my unrelenting post-hits attacks, as its predecessor did

(The Fastlane is not on the photo because I can't stop lending it ^^)

Plus it is serious training for me, Unscripted was my first 100% english book and it helped me take a step

Attachments

• the-great-rat-race-escape.jpg
    the-great-rat-race-escape.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 10
G

Guest103804

:rofl: You must of have missed the section in the book where I say "Wolfgang and his cure are fictional" -- not sure what page is on, but I'm 100% sure it states this.

Glad you found value in the book. :)
I read it 100% said fictional :)

On a side note would you mind If I made a suggestion MJ, not a criticism in any way?

GoodBoyGilbert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Dec 5, 2021
Celebrate REAL INDEPENDENCE on your INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Great book definitely recommend reading

Kirby73

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 31, 2021
Just finished the audiobook, very good, its quite funny as I'm just coming out of the proxy and commodity product stage and now realising I need to build my own product. Going to buy the physical book as reference and I have to go and get a job whilst im working out what product to develop

dminvest

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 10, 2020
Australia
Fantastic read, have been through it once and now on the second go though

Fabs

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 27, 2022
Germany
Such a great book with the scope of transforming people in CENTS minded entrepreneurs

jerryB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 25, 2018
I've read all of the MJ's previous books and they were really mind opening and inspiring. Especially a few lines really changed my attitude towards running a business. I'm looking forward to reading the new one too.

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
I finished reading this yesterday. What a great book! Thank you MJ! I loved the framing of business advice around the very plausible story of an ordinary couple creating something extraordinary. I think this idea is an innovative big step forward in business/self help writing for several reasons, but for me one stands out. It's that you can do it! My whole mindset for most of my life is that people who own and run medium to large businesses are some sort of breed apart, come from business families, or had money somehow or exclusive connections. The way that as the couple got started, made mistakes, but the further they pushed forward the clearer their path became. I love it and am finding the same experience in my venture.

One thing caught me though, and a hesitate to confess it here. Ha ha! There's a chapter later in the book where Sam reveals why she is so upset by success. I won't say any more so as not to spoil the story. I'd read the passage and was chatting about it to Amanda, my partner, when I burst into tears! It had brought up a whole pile of emotional upset I'd been carrying from my own childhood about how I was treated by my parents. MJ, you made a grown man cry! ...and it was a wonderful thing.

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
I found the 1/5/10 and small wins strategy helpful based on my current circumstances.

MrE

Be. Create. Repeat.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 26, 2021
Colorado
I have read and listened to The Great Rat Race Escape !!! I really like the way you read the info part of the book and Mr. Thomas read the story part. A very creative way to put the info smack-dab in the middle of, what could easily be, a real life situation. Well done!!!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Some what embarrassed to admit that I've been so busy working on my biz that I just now got around to listening to this book. I ordered it from Audible as soon as it was available, but it sat on my shelf until a trip to/from Miami gave me many uninterrupted hours of listening time. It was a much needed shot in the arm. I recently had an epiphanic moment wrt the direction of my two year old recycling biz and listening to this book was an unexpected hand on the shoulder saying, keep at it - you can do this. Looks like I'll be ordering the paperback so I can refer back to it periodically.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Good book. Same information plus a few additions, but in a different format.

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Listening to it now and loving it!

brohan

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 31, 2022
New Braunfels, Tx

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Outstanding book! really made me think hard about where I am today and where I will be in 10 years!!! Thanks MJ

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Really enjoyed the new book....Scott has such a great voice too following on from unscripted

xxx22

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 28, 2022
I read it - I liked the ideas presented better than in Unscripted which I found really political and didn't like it/found it too much. I've read similar opinions on the Internet.

Last edited:

adriang

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2020
Poland

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Hello,

when (PL) polish version of this book will be available to buy?

Regards,
Adrian

Neptisces

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 10, 2022

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Listened to this on audiobook and I really enjoyed the story as well as the explanations. Very insightful

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
I have bought the book on Amazon Kindle. A real gem for any real entrepreneur. Thank you MJ DeMarco.

thisismyjourney

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 12, 2019
Got the audible version of the book a few weeks back. I didn't know it even existed. I was going to re-listen to Unscripted as I've been feeling a bit flat lately, but then found out about this one and I had to purchase it right away. It's a great complement to the first two books. It has provided the right amount of push to get me out of a lull I'm feeling at the moment.

A must read/listen/buy!

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
I want to emphasize what he is saying. When I first laid my hands on TMF two years ago, it was a new beginning for me, a journey with this incredible community.

This forum gave me hope by showing all the possibilities and differents stories that happened, and really unlocked my will to learn and do, the smartiest way possible.

I’m at the point where failing doesn’t really matter anymore, because I know I'll get something out of it.

I'm realizing that results matter more than social conventions.

This place is awesome and I’m so glad I found it before I fell into traps of bro-MLM-whatever-gurus

The Fastlane concept and community is definitely an incredible entry point for all entrepreneurial considerations

Thanks to the people who keep this place alive and special thanks to @MJ DeMarco for busting me out of depression 2 years ago. You really have huge impact on people lives

(and furthermore you used to like Hip-Hop but that's not the point hahaha)

Your new book is very ordered and I will not fail to tell people about it
I’ve read all 3 books!!! Always have it handy @MJ DeMarco its the best of the best? If you know where you going!! When you know you know!!!

TeoSimplearn

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 25, 2021

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Hi everyone!!!
Does everyone know, when the italian version will be published?
Let me know. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.