The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Great Rat-Race Escape by MJ DeMarco, Now Available (All formats!)

psgroup

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jun 10, 2021
Kolkata, India
Celebrate REAL INDEPENDENCE on your INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Congrats MJ DeMarco.
All the best, I wish that your book will reach the milestone that you have expected.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
@MJ DeMarco I've spent a few hours listening to the book and in my opinion, this book is by far my favorite.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mike Ronin

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 18, 2019
Coastal Alabama
No, it doesn't matter. Each book stands on its own.

Please don't read book summaries, they first cost me sales, and second, they NEVER are accurate.

I just had to request Blinkist remove the book summaries of my books -- they were absolutely horrible, so bad, I wouldn't read my own books after the hatchet job they did.
I got a special offer on Blinkist a year or so ago for half off and I read a lot, so I thought why not? I was not impressed and found it wanting, and some of the books I had already read didn’t even resemble what was on Blinkist. I let it expire and quit using it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Where's the "I've read the rat race escape" thread? I want my new title.

Ill eventually start doing that based on the reported reads in this thread.

and some of the books I had already read didn’t even resemble what was on Blinkist.

Definitely has been my experience, even with the book summaries.

Blinkist is a churn and burn with zero concern for quality or getting the author's main sentiments conveyed.

Once again we have people looking for shortcuts ... why spend 6 hours reading this book when I can take 6 minutes and read this summary? In the quest for efficiency, the productivity, meaning, the effectiveness is lost.

Avoid Blinkist.

I will be having my team read all of MJs books.

Thank you. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I loved the book, and it was cool to hear how the audible version had MJ reading the nonfiction chapters and the other narrator reading the fiction chapters. It was done very well and it's now easy to reference again with all the short chapters being clearly labeled.

Thanks Nick, means a lot to me!

To me it is the best of the 3 books. I fell in love with TMFL and I felt like Unscripted was a brilliant follow up, but this on is better than both.

Thanks, that's always my goal is to make better books that are more understandable and relatable for someone who might be struggling in a dead-end job.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA

Blinkist is a churn and burn with zero concern for quality or getting the author's main sentiments conveyed.

Once again we have people looking for shortcuts ... why spend 6 hours reading this book when I can take 6 minutes and read this summary? In the quest for efficiency, the productivity, meaning, the effectiveness is lost.

Avoid Blinkist.

Blinkist is the watered down version of a book... I've started instead to go on Amazon, read the reviews of the book, and you'll get the overall points of the book without reading it (much more accurate than blinkist, IMO)

the problem I have with a lot of authors is that they write 10 pages of worthwhile material, and then add 120 pages of garbage so that it's a thick book... (excluding MJ, thankfully) If any authors are reading this, take my advice and try to read your book 10 times, trying to make it thinner each time.. your readers will thank you!

pappaishere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 8, 2020
Australia
I am in Korea. I don't have a Korean translation yet, so I'm buying an English book from Amazon and reading it. English is difficult for me. I will do my best to read it. Reading will be long. I respect MJ.

View attachment 38759
You are not the only one mate!

D

DeletedUser84644

Avoid Blinkist.

If it wasn't for the book summaries I see on youtube, I would've never heard about your book or even read it. The title alone made me almost not want to read it. I was like "Ugh this has to be some get rich quick bullshit". But then I was like "hmm yeah know, the book summaries on this seem promisesing
, I think I should read it." And my my did it blow my F*cking mind (The Millionaire Fastlane ). Book summaries help people find out whether they'll waste their time reading the book or not.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For me, The Value Marriage Strategy (p. 119) chapter is worth the price of the book alone. Read it. Then read it again. Let it sink in, and then read it again. Excited to see what the rest of the book brings.

Interesting, it was a chapter that I almost considered cutting as it was a bit granular and prosaic.

Thank you for letting me know.

5/5 from me on the book.

Thank you, reviews definitely help me!

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
for those who read the Book TGRRE how its different from TMF or Unscripted ? beside having a fiction story
TGRRE breaks the story up and mixes in Mindset changes and Processes you can apply to your business.

For example, let's say page 10 is a fiction chapter.
Page 12 begins a new chapter and explains the mindset and gives key points to how this helps.
Page 14 then begins another chapter that goes into processes you can apply to your business.

Story → Mindset → Process or the like and sometimes multiple chapters in a row of mindset or process.
How Joe did it → Why Joe did it → The process Joe used

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have the book with me..
It's not one long story, it's broken into digestible and actionable pieces. Quite genius honestly.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Didnt message the forum but Audible loaded the attached pdf shortly after posting the message.

Finished the Book. It is the best of the TMF and Unscripted 1 for me. Very relatable as I am a CPA experiencing similar life challenges as the couple are *avoiding spoilers* - Also made personal summaries.

Content wise, Chapter 44 - Fastlane Strategy nicely ties up what I think are the most important Principles and Strategies. Chapter 21 - Asymmetric returns strategy is the "IT" chapter. Just wow.

As I finished the book, I truly didn't realize how much "asymmetry" played a role in life, not just with numbers, but with risks, outcomes, and events. But it is a big part of the book.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If I could give more than 5 stars, I would.

Thank you!

At first I was kind of rolling my eyes, finding it a little cheesy, but the Trotmans began to feel like real people to me, and I found myself rooting for them and empathizing with them—I even shed a few tears at one point.

Thank you!

The story was my huge challenge. I had to keep brevity in mind otherwise the book would be too big, but I also had to try to develop interesting characters that the reader cared about and/or wanted to know about.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Almost done with the audio book. Loving it so far! (I could do without the overt vegan proselytizing but hey it’s not my book).

I like that it stands on its own and introduces new concepts that I imagine MJ fleshed out over the few years writing it.

Instant recommendation from me to anyone seeking entrepreneurship.

Regarding the proselytizing, I had to interject some type of character arcs ... I thought it was the best theme because it related to their business, and I had some personal insight into it as well. I originally was thinking about some child abuse angle, but figured it was too "hot" and difficult to weave in.

Thank you for the recommendations.

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Is your eBook available to only 1 device?

Anyway, just recently bought it and reading it ATM.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Is your eBook available to only 1 device?

Anyway, just recently bought it and reading it ATM.

Not the case for me, I’ve been reading it on two of my kindle devices over the past week without any issues.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

PhilKowalski

Always gets what he deserves
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 5, 2017
Germany
One thing I like to annotate here: where else can you get in direct contact with the author of multiple bestselling books? This already shows, how "different" MJs approach is. Kudos to him not only for the great works but also his approach

Just saying....

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Regarding the proselytizing, I had to interject some type of character arcs ... I thought it was the best theme because it related to their business, and I had some personal insight into it as well. I originally was thinking about some child abuse angle, but figured it was too "hot" and difficult to weave in.

Thank you for the recommendations.
No worries. I’m enjoying that they’re actual humans with feelings instead of just carriers for the plot.

linoguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 24, 2021
I am about a third of the way through and enjoying it. I did have to chuckle to myself when you were introducing positive and negative skews. You talk about Sandy being negatively skewed by a couple typos then at the top of page 147 you make a typo and say that "I lose Sandy and Type as new customers due to negative skew." It is Tyler not Type.
:-D

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
About 70% of the way through. Took awhile to get into the Trotman story and root for them but now I can't wait for them to succeed. Had to take a little break because one of your chapters made me bawl my eyes out. I'll probably finish tomorrow.

There might be more "eye bawling" yet to come... :jawdrop:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.