The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Fyre Festival Fraud; Get Rich Fast Providing Perceived Value, Over Actual Value

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I have read and studied as model the FF pitch deck in 43 pages in pdf format. I can upload it if it’s allowed here.

It’s half bells and whistle to bait/lure younger people to get in and remaining selling the dream portion to those same group avatar.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I have read and studied as model the FF pitch deck in 43 pages in pdf format. I can upload it if it’s allowed here.

It’s half bells and whistle to bait/lure younger people to get in and remaining selling the dream portion to those same group avatar.

Yes please!

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019

Attachments

• FYRE festival pitch deck.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 21

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019
I watched the Netflix documentary on this the other day. I wonder how long until this guy is shilling a crypto / NFT project.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Brace yourself folks...the whole jamboree is coming back:

Haven't got anything solid like booked musicians. But what makes me raise eyebrows is that THERE ARE people still willing to fork over their cash to the scammer.

'That didn’t stop Victoria Medvedenko, 20, a nursing student in Arizona, from buying a ticket. In screenshots of a receipt shared with The Washington Post, it shows Medvedenko purchased one of the “The First 100” tickets for $549.89.

“I really don’t think Billy would want to go back to jail and he’s had a lot of time to think about it and prepare this time,” she said of her decision. “And I think the first time around it had a lot of potential. He just didn’t have enough time or the right mind-set.”

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Brace yourself folks...the whole jamboree is coming back:

Haven't got anything solid like booked musicians. But what makes me raise eyebrows is that THERE ARE people still willing to fork over their cash to the scammer.

'That didn’t stop Victoria Medvedenko, 20, a nursing student in Arizona, from buying a ticket. In screenshots of a receipt shared with The Washington Post, it shows Medvedenko purchased one of the “The First 100” tickets for $549.89.

“I really don’t think Billy would want to go back to jail and he’s had a lot of time to think about it and prepare this time,” she said of her decision. “And I think the first time around it had a lot of potential. He just didn’t have enough time or the right mind-set.”
Hilarious, I just watched it again the other night because my wife had never seen it.

It's remarkable isn't it that people are willing to fork over their hard-earned cash yet again. As they say, it's easier to fool people than convince them they've been fooled.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Add this to the barrel of empirical evidence that humanity's greatest threat, is humanity.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Add this to the barrel of empirical evidence that humanity's greatest threat, is humanity.
Talk about mask mandates and lockdowns coming back seems ridiculous.
This proves some people will fall for it again...smh

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
I heard about this but never read the actual story. Outside of doing it for "clout," why the scam? Based on the numbers it pulled, he could've just chopped this up to an "event planning business," had the party, and would've avoided jail.

Obviously I'm dumb and missing something (maybe it really was all for "clout"), but either way, this makes me want to get into event planning. Jk. But that's probably not a terrible idea.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I heard about this but never read the actual story. Outside of doing it for "clout," why the scam? Based on the numbers it pulled, he could've just chopped this up to an "event planning business," had the party, and would've avoided jail.

Obviously I'm dumb and missing something (maybe it really was all for "clout"), but either way, this makes me want to get into event planning. Jk. But that's probably not a terrible idea.

He tried to "have the party", but because it was so ambitious and he had zero experience organising large events it all went horribly wrong.

It's worth a watch on Netflix.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Be sure to read those comments in the article, plenty of funny ones related to 'Victoria Medvedenko' lollollollollol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.