The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The first thing You do on the day You become UNSCRIPTED

stevenknow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
IMMEDIATELY shut off the alarm which I will never need for the rest of my life, that goes off at 6am in the morning EVERY Monday to Friday...

then go back to sleep, with the pointless alarm being the CONSTANT reminder of how much life SUCKED before Fastlane, and how grateful I should ALWAYS be towards my UNSCRIPTED life, till the day I die

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
not really change anything; just focus on maintaining discipline, not getting ahead of myself, not getting arrogant/cocky/COMPLACENT> always striving for 10x and 100x and 1000x etc. Just not settling for less; always hungry, always wanting to scale up my value proposition.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Get back to playing. I've been so focused on working (and parenting) over the years that I had almost forgotten how to play. Went on a vacation with just my wife and pretty soon we were racing each other in the pool and basically acting like kids again. My goal from now on is to be more playful in life.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I love these mental masturbation threads. I would:

1) Wear my shabby clothes, take the rapid transit train during rush hours on Monday morning, and look at those 9-7 wage slaves going about their daily jobs. Go into those posh office buildings and walk around. I'll do the same thing during their lunch hours as well. Maybe even share tables with them while listening to them complaining about their bosses and work.

2) Organise a wild crazy party where people party like there's no tomorrow. The type that makes House of Yes feel boring in comparison.

3) And my favourite:

4c186fa36610a835a9d8e343c0f75852.png

LifeLongFreedom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jan 11, 2018
Estonia
Unscripted starts in your head. Everyone here can identify as Unscripted . There is no need to wait for it at some certain point in the future. Unscripted is NOW.

Well said! Most things (if not everything starts with adapting to a new/changing mindset).

I guess I should have specified the topic: what would be the first thing you'd do once you fully realize/experience that you're free in terms of time and money.

I would definitely find a suitable place and yell my lungs out in a victorius manner by becoming fully aware that I have achieved one of my biggest goals in life. Then move on to realize next.

LifeLongFreedom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jan 11, 2018
Estonia
not really change anything; just focus on maintaining discipline, not getting ahead of myself, not getting arrogant/cocky/COMPLACENT> always striving for 10x and 100x and 1000x etc. Just not settling for less; always hungry, always wanting to scale up my value proposition.

That's the kind of mindset I'm constantly striving for and evolving. If I know I can get better by gradually putting in more effort and staying on track I can be the best version of myself!
I believe message is the same what Steve Jobs said in one of his speeches:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
If you have to ask the question, then you're not even close to being there yet! There are a lot of challenges beyond paying the day-to-day bills. The mountains before you are a different climb.

When you get there, you may even envy the guys going to work every day at their little jobs. Their lives may seem attractively simple compared to your new challenges.

(The second grader can't see the challenges of his sixth grade older brother -- only the gained privileges. The older brother thinks that his younger brother has it easy compared to his life...)

Life without structure and purpose is boring. The further up the mountain you climb, the more self-actualizing you must become. The air gets thin. You are more & more alone as your buddies fall away & turn back. Also, you will realize that all sexy press for that space is just a myth. It is what you make it.

And that why most people turn back and head down that mountain, never to try the climb again. They are a lot more comfortable drinking beer with their buddies and leading a "normal" life.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
That depends at what point you consider someone to be Unscripted ?

When you reject the norm that everyone else lives, when you start making enough money to quit your job or when you've made a millions and never have to work again?

If at the point when you're in the millions, I'd financially help all my family and some friends, get myself a nice place and spend my time trying to help people.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
That depends at what point you consider someone to be Unscripted ?

When you reject the norm that everyone else lives, when you start making enough money to quit your job or when you've made a millions and never have to work again?

If at the point when you're in the millions, I'd financially help all my family and some friends, get myself a nice place and spend my time trying to help people.
Success and money magnify a person and who they are. If you're a lazy SOB without money, you'll become more so. Your power and money will become a club with which you can beat everyone around you. If you are kind and want to help others, you'll see your situation as an opportunity to do more good acts in your little corner of the world.
Money can make life easier -- yet, it tends to bring a lot of its related stresses and challenges. It does NOT bring happiness nor contentment. It only brings new challenges and opportunities. It's up to you to find that sweet spot for your life.

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
[...] I would:

1) Wear my shabby clothes, take the rapid transit train during rush hours on Monday morning, and look at those 9-7 wage slaves going about their daily jobs. Go into those posh office buildings and walk around. I'll do the same thing during their lunch hours as well. Maybe even share tables with them while listening to them complaining about their bosses and work.

Geeez! Looking around my open space corporate office I don't see any of the guys and gals you written about in your comment. All around me I see people that are smiling, making good money and feeling fulfilled and safe in a corporate heaven. Good salary, good company car, frequent trips, great development opportunities and a multinational corporation with hundreds of ways to progress is for some an actual heaven.
Not everyone has a mindset of an entrepreneur, not everyone wants to risk anything or loose any part of his (perceived) stability and safety of employment.

I came back to corporate world after 14 years of running my own business or working as a contract manager and consultant for diverse private companies. The only thing I truly miss is... the desk and a chair from my private office, as they were far more ergonomic and adjustable than the stuff I received here. And a quiet, private room for doing actual work instead of open space.

Will I return to run my own business? Sure. But only when I develop the Fastlane business after hours and collect enough capital to sleep in peace for at least a year when expanding it.

What I definitely will not repeat is the roller-coaster called contract work...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
What I definitely will not repeat is the roller-coaster called contract work...
Let me guess...clients dragging too long on payments?

Funny if that is so. I just had a little discussion on cash flow management on Quora...

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
Let me guess...clients dragging too long on payments?

Funny if that is so. I just had a little discussion on cash flow management on Quora...

You’re spot on with your assumption. :)

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
Alright...I'll toss you a little link from Quora for that matter. :) A bit of a basic answer for solutions, but its a start.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-challenges-of-entrepreneurship/answer/Hector-Quintanilla

Thanks for this set of good suggestions - they surely can help many businesses.

My problem was slightly different though...

After 20+ years in sales and sales management I am known for solid advise and "no bullsh*t approach" to problems of my clients. It allowed me to charge reasonable fees and require the upfront payment. It was never a problem as the companies I helped were always under huge pressure and needed my advise ASAP. First payment was a breeze...

The problem appeared later, in month 2 or 3 of my cooperation with such client, as every single invoice I issued on day 1 of a new month, had the payment date planned for day 7 of that month and... it was always paid too late.

In such case we had a gridlock as I stopped my activities until payment arrived and my client was always trying to talk me into working as nothing ever happened...

You know the drill...

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.