The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Fastlane to Millions Blog

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
I was thinking today that this forum should also have a blog with multiple authors. Maybe the members with the top rep points could write articles. I think it would be amazing to read and bring even more people to this site.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'd definitely read them. Although somehow I have one of the higher rep scores here...so maybe we should use a different measurement of success. :)

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Why? You don't think you can write posts for the blog? Don't underestimate yourself. If you have that many points you have to be a positive part of this forum. So you probably have some interesting things to say.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I think it's a great idea! Although it could be done with the forum itself, no need to setup several wordpress subdomains...

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Wouldn't a blog format and layout be better? It would be hard to read old and new articles by sifting through numerous thread pages.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Yeah it could be...altough suscribing to the rss feed makes it easier to read. Let's see what the admin/moderators have to say on this one.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Great idea! I would love to read through a "classics" section by topic!

Yankees- I know you are just being modest, but your insight and feedback are well thought out- and you have the unique perspective of being a teenager- so I'd think that a business/real estate blog geared to your peers would have a large following. ...Like someone else said, don't sell yourself short! You are so ahead of the game, it's impressive!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
The "Classic posts" should meet what you are proposing. I think users should familiarize with the search function. There is a lot of great information already here and many posts will be nothing more than repeated topics. I don't see how a blog would make things better.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Great idea! I would love to read through a "classics" section by topic!

Yankees- I know you are just being modest, but your insight and feedback are well thought out- and you have the unique perspective of being a teenager- so I'd think that a business/real estate blog geared to your peers would have a large following. ...Like someone else said, don't sell yourself short! You are so ahead of the game, it's impressive!
Thanks...I guess I try to be modest because I really hate cocky (not confident, cocky) people so I try to stay away from it as much as I can. I'd be more than willing to do it though if I knew I had a following!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
The "Classic posts" should meet what you are proposing. I think users should familiarize with the search function. There is a lot of great information already here and many posts will be nothing more than repeated topics. I don't see how a blog would make things better.

Forgot that MJ was workin' on that! Andviv- don't blogs always make things better? No wait- that's beer. Nevermind. ;)

Yankees, you have good insight and ideas...you don't need to worry about coming across as cocky- as a matter of fact, I think you may be the most down-to-earth 16 year-old I have ever come across!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Forgot that MJ was workin' on that! Andviv- don't blogs always make things better? No wait- that's beer. Nevermind. ;)

Yankees, you have good insight and ideas...you don't need to worry about coming across as cocky- as a matter of fact, I think you may be the most down-to-earth 16 year-old I have ever come across!
Haha thanks...I still have my cocky moments...especially when I'm on the mound. :) Helps with the intimidation...the cocky-ness and the hair flopping everywhere.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can add blogs to the software however the early reports on doing so say that it causes the main forum to take a hit on new threads and posts. When people post on their individual blogs, they don't post on the main board -- then as a user, we have to stay updated on dozens of blogs. This is why I haven't add blogs here.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I dont think its necessary to have blogs here. most people who chose to do them already have 1 are they going to do 2? then if they did do 2 they would likley be the same content...

linking to their blog in thier signature i think works best. maybe have a thread where people can post their blog links... thats all thats really needed imo

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.