The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The double follow up email

Marketing, social media, advertising

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Looking for some advice. If you send a follow up email that a lead doesnt respond too, after sending a price quote, does anyone have a good template email that they send? So you sent a lead a price quote, followed up a few days later and they never responded, and now you want to send another follow up email.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Looking for some advice. If you send a follow up email that a lead doesnt respond too, after sending a price quote, does anyone have a good template email that they send? So you sent a lead a price quote, followed up a few days later and they never responded, and now you want to send another follow up email.

Subject: Have you ever had an email disappear into cyberspace?

Body:
Truthfully, I've missed more than one email in my life, and I'm guessing you have too.

I wanted to be sure you had a chance to review my note below:

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
There's some statistic that says if they don't respond after 7 emails, they never will. So I always had my campaigns set to send 6 follow up emails a few days apart from each other:

"Hi, just checking you got my last email." or some variation of that.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
There's some statistic that says if they don't respond after 7 emails, they never will. So I always had my campaigns set to send 6 follow up emails a few days apart from each other:

"Hi, just checking you got my last email." or some variation of that.

How far do you space out each email?

johnerten

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2020
Toronto

Hey - here is something that works well:

Subject: Have you given up..?

Hi NAME - hope things are well on your end!

Not sure if my previous email got buried but understand the initiative to get/purchase/etc [name of the service/product] was important to you & had ana asap status so wanted to make sure it's on the radar but haven't heard from you since the last email.

Have you given up on this..?

-------

In parallel, on the "How far do you space out each email?" - it really depends on the audience/buyer/prospect you are speaking with - B2C vs B2B & sophisticated vs non-sophisticated buyer.

I can share a few thoughts but thought to understand the buyer a bit better, is this something you can describe?

Last edited:

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013

This is always the second email I have been sending after I send the price quote, "
I trust that you have had an opportunity to read my previous email and look at our website, so I figured it’d be worth checking in with you again.
I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.
Regards,"

What would be a good follow up to this if they dont respond to the email above?

CoderSales

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Feb 3, 2020
Colorado
This is always the second email I have been sending after I send the price quote, "
I trust that you have had an opportunity to read my previous email and look at our website, so I figured it’d be worth checking in with you again.
I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.
Regards,"

What would be a good follow up to this if they dont respond to the email above?
It's been my experience that these kinds of emails aren't effective at all... because you're still trying to sell them; which is why you sent the proposal in the first place? Generally speaking, the prospect should have been qualified on the first phone call with you. So are they the DM, do they even like the idea of your product/services, is there a true need to get them where they want to be from where they are now and lastly $$$$. A big component should also be urgency because without that, they can just take their bloody time like in this instance. So perhaps the real questions is "how can we learn from this and make sure it doesn't happen again?" So my response is call them on the phone (assuming it's the DM) and get them to like it again because the longer it sits out in your pipeline with no action, the more likely they are to pass. Strike while the iron is hot.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Your sales process is completely wrong.

The cost is the last thing I want to know; after satisfying myself that you are the right person who can provide the right product/service.

To give some random person a quote and then ask if they have even looked at your website or read your email is the problem @CoderSales is highlighting.

If I sent three emails to three builders asking for a quote for a new roof how can they just email me a quote?

And if they did how does that help me? I have no idea how they approach the job.

Why don't you get them on the phone?

Dan

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Your sales process is completely wrong.

The cost is the last thing I want to know; after satisfying myself that you are the right person who can provide the right product/service.

To give some random person a quote and then ask if they have even looked at your website or read your email is the problem @CoderSales is highlighting.

If I sent three emails to three builders asking for a quote for a new roof how can they just email me a quote?

And if they did how does that help me? I have no idea how they approach the job.

Why don't you get them on the phone?

Dan

Thanks for the feedback. Im trying to improve my sales funnel, so this is all good stuff.

My website is here: https://www.nomadicstructuresinc.com/

and customers fill out the form on the vista page, with the different options and then that allows me to send them the initial quote. What do you think I could improve on?

And in terms of urgency, we offer free delivery if they order by a certain time.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Thanks for the feedback. Im trying to improve my sales funnel, so this is all good stuff.

My website is here: https://www.nomadicstructuresinc.com/

and customers fill out the form on the vista page, with the different options and then that allows me to send them the initial quote. What do you think I could improve on?

And in terms of urgency, we offer free delivery if they order by a certain time.
Who are your customers?
How do they get to know you and your product?
How educated/aware are they when they fill the form?

I'll be harsh. That form is daunting for me. I have no idea what kind of equipment and appliances I want/need.
I'd most likely abandon the form halfway through or fill it without much thought.
Any quote I get afterwards will be for a house that I'm not sure fits my needs.

The website is quite pretty though and if you get form fills, then you're on the right track.

Make the form simpler - name, phone number, a message box and see what kind of messages you get.
Call those people, make them feel heard and adjust the offer to their needs. Only then talk about the price.

Last edited:

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Looking for some advice. If you send a follow up email that a lead doesnt respond too, after sending a price quote, does anyone have a good template email that they send?

You using Bananatag? It’s a Great starting point to see if they read your mail and clicked your links! :peace:

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
You using Bananatag? It’s a Great starting point to see if they read your mail and clicked your links! :peace:

Is that the one that tells the recipient that they know you are tracking to see if they opened the email? I always hated when I would get emails from companies that would use it.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Who are your customers?
How do they get to know you and your product?
How educated/aware are they when they fill the form?

I'll be harsh. That form is daunting for me. I have no idea what kind of equipment and appliances I want/need.
I'd most likely abandon the form halfway through or fill it without much thought.
Any quote I get afterwards will be for a house that I'm not sure fits my needs.

The website is quite pretty though and if you get form fills, then you're on the right track.

Make the form simpler - name, phone number, a message box and see what kind of messages you get.
Call those people, make them feel heard and adjust the offer to their needs. Only then talk about the price.

No be harsh, the critique is good.

For the most part it is educated consumers. We sell homes, so its a big buying decision for the customer and they want to know all the details.

We do get about 600 forms a month, which keeps me very busy and Id like to find a way to either automate it or do a better job of qualifying customers.

We do have the simple contact form on the website if anyone wants to use that and a phone number that they can call.

I like mentioning the price upfront because I find a lot of customers will waste your time, only to find out at the end that they cant afford the product, in this case tiny homes. We also do 3d renders of the homes for the customers, which costs money, and I only want to do them for serious buyers.

We get sales and have a steady stream of revenue, just trying to figure out a more efficient sales funnel, with a better ROI.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Is that the one that tells the recipient that they know you are tracking to see if they opened the email? I always hated when I would get emails from companies that would use it.

I get the emails... the customer doesn’t... though tbh I’ve never tested it from the recipients point of view but it wouldn’t make sense to email them.

I’d be lost without Bananatag!

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I get the emails... the customer doesn’t... though tbh I’ve never tested it from the recipients point of view but it wouldn’t make sense to email them.

I’d be lost without Bananatag!

Yeah it tells the recipient and just feels intrusive, but thats just my opinion, Im sure not everyone feels the same.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
No be harsh, the critique is good.

For the most part it is educated consumers. We sell homes, so its a big buying decision for the customer and they want to know all the details.

We do get about 600 forms a month, which keeps me very busy and Id like to find a way to either automate it or do a better job of qualifying customers.

We do have the simple contact form on the website if anyone wants to use that and a phone number that they can call.

I like mentioning the price upfront because I find a lot of customers will waste your time, only to find out at the end that they cant afford the product, in this case tiny homes. We also do 3d renders of the homes for the customers, which costs money, and I only want to do them for serious buyers.

We get sales and have a steady stream of revenue, just trying to figure out a more efficient sales funnel, with a better ROI.
I didn't find the form daunting, seemed quite straightforward to me. In fact, I get excited by the prospect of customizing my home immediately and I like getting the price upfront.

As FYI - I'm not sure if I'm your target audience because I'm not looking to buy or customize any homes atm, so take that into consideration.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.