The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Dollar / Stock Market Conundrum ...

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is anyone having trouble dealing with the dollar / stock market conundrum?

For those of us who believe that the dollar will devalue significantly, it also means that the stock market will rise.

If you believe the stock market will FALL, you have to then believe the dollar will STRENGTHEN.

The dollar and the stock market have become inversely related.

As the market rises, the dollar falls.
As the market falls, the dollar rises.

So, if you believe the dollar will crumble, you then have to attribute that the market will continue to rise. Yet, if you think the markets are overbought, you have to conclude that the dollar will strengthen.

This conundrum has made me a little indecisive with the markets because I believe BOTH the market is overbought AND the dollar will decline. But BOTH cannot exist simultaneously so one investment strategy has to be taken over the other!

But which? Continued dollar weakness? (Implies higher markets) Or the stock market is overbought and retreat is certain? (Implies stronger dollar)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
right now they are running inversely, but I do not think this will continue.

Dollar falls, but companies go bk, market will fall on the bk's, even though the dollar is weak.

Does that make sense?

lee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 2, 2007
I´m thinking about the exact same thing, if you take a look at bloomberg, there´s an interview with Marc Faber, who points out the same correlation but also adds to it, that it is possible for it to break(although not very likely).
I think it is possible that people start dropping US stocks and the dollar at the same time and shifting assets to other markets, should the budget deficit and trade defitits continue to widen and should there be no real evidence of a recovery in the US.

I don´t really know what to do either, I´m still waiting for a pullback...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.