The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

THE DISCOUNTED TIME PRINCIPLE: Trading Good Time for Bad is a Terrible Life Strategy

Anything related to matters of the mind

Rishi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 24, 2017
London
I just looked at an excerpt of MJ's new book and it contained this line below:

"It’s time to stop trading our time just for money, our time needs to earn both money AND time"

I've posted the chapter concepts summary below - but that's the chapter done. Theres not much more I can get to really implementing it in my life.

I wanted to ask if there was anything actually more on this principle, or is it just that a general principle?

how can we make our time earn both time AND money?

and if say in your 30's what drastic or consistent things would you do to ensure you are using the leverage of this idea well?

Is this principle a combo of Mj's philosophy and Tim Ferriss?? It seems to me that we need a way of being....

'Short-Term Super-FastLane'

Enough that we can sustain a lifestyle that has amazing experiences within a year or two as opposed to focussing solely for 5 years on a business that can be sold off.

• The time value of money states that money today is always more valuable than money later.
• The time value of money is a universal concept taught at every university on the planet, while the discounted time value of time isn’t taught anywhere.
• Freedom young is always more valuable than freedom old.
• Whenever the rat race marginalizes time and treats it as a mathematical variable for financial freedom, you’re being propagandized

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When you are building a specialized unit and a business system, hence investing time instead of trading it, you are attempting to earn MONEY and TIME. When that combination earns you money (while not working) you also earn time on top of the money.

Didn't think it was that confusing.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
if i spend 16 hours automating a task that i do every day for 1/2 hour, then in 32 days i break even on the investment and it begins to 'create time'. I now have 30 minutes a day to invest in something else.

if that 30 minutes a day task is say 'running my amazon FBA business' that is profitable, then that 16 hours invested is now creating money AND time.

step1: Find things you do that you can eliminate, automate, deligate to create time that can be used to work on your fastlane system.

step 2: use that time in your fastlane system to create money and save you time doing other things (make money to pay a cleaning service so you don't spend any time cleaning your house and can spend that time exercising or creating more)

don't make it any harder than it needs to be!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.