The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The dirtiest scandal of all time!

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
ASE where you been bro? Hooked ya up with pof and now we don't hear from you anymore! heh heh

Hope you check back in when you got some things crossed off yer uh list!

Hey man, yeah finally started that sh**y job, and am thankful as it serves as a reminder of everything I dont want in life. I am waking up at 4.30 in the morning and finishing at 3.30 so been kind of busy.

This place is the worst job I have ever worked for, I slipped up in the chiller today and hit my head because they didnt provide me with proper footwear, even the ambulance arrived, these soul sucking managers are slowly going to be eradicated and replaced by good people like myself.

Working on a letter to my local MP for the mistreatment at the jobcentre and am planning on taking it to court for bullying and harassment likewise for the weird 57 year old manager and his 19 year wife lol, some twisted shit I tell you.

Also just finished my website which is not complete, a nice store with loads of info books and also software, check my sig peeps!

HOPE EVERYONE is well and keep your head up peeps!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey man, yeah finally started that sh**y job, and am thankful as it serves as a reminder of everything I dont want in life. I am waking up at 4.30 in the morning and finishing at 3.30 so been kind of busy.

This place is the worst job I have ever worked for, I slipped up in the chiller today and hit my head because they didnt provide me with proper footwear, even the ambulance arrived, these soul sucking managers are slowly going to be eradicated and replaced by good people like myself.

Working on a letter to my local MP for the mistreatment at the jobcentre and am planning on taking it to court for bullying and harassment likewise for the weird 57 year old manager and his 19 year wife lol, some twisted shit I tell you.

What I read here is pain, disalllusionment, and your continued feeling that you are "better" than the work you are doing.

You need to get your head in a different place, ASE.

The minute you can balance your future success with taking joy in the moment-- actually enjoying at least a small part of what you are doing, your ENTIRE LIFE WILL GET BETTER.

I can only share this from my experience. I realize not everyone can do this. But in any job I've had-- from delivering pizzas to cleaning up human feces-- I've been able to derive some joy.

In most cases, a LOT of joy.

Sure makes a difference in how I feel about myself-- and my life.

-Russ H.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Falling into old habits once again. It's funny because I just watch this video last week and I believe it holds a lot of value for you specifically, but even for all of us. John's story has a lot of similarities, and while not the exact same experiences we can see that old habits die hard. You must kill them. Remember that even the perfect life is not without problems or challenges. It's how we deal with those challenges.

Hulu - Breakthrough with Tony Robbins: John Rodriguez - Watch the full episode now.

Allseeingeye, watch this buddy, and I hope you find some truth in here. Dig deep and see if you can relate. Especially after Mr. Rodriguez finally gets a job.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Oh and one more thing: In times like this, you need some inspiration. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. But we all need a reason for going. Jim Rohn put it beautifully in this newsletter:

Love the Opportunity by Jim Rohn

Somebody said you have to love what you do, but that's not necessarily true. What is true is that you have to love the opportunity. The opportunity to build life, future, health, success and fortune. Knocking on someone's door or making that extra call may not be something you love to do, but you love the opportunity of what might be behind that door or call.

For example, a guy says, "I'm digging ditches. Should I love digging ditches?" The answer is, "No, you don't have to love digging ditches, but if it is your first entry onto the ladder of success, you say, ‘I'm glad somebody gave me the opportunity to dig ditches and I'm going to do it so well; I won't be here long.' "

You can be inspired by having found something, even though you are making mistakes in the beginning and even though it is a little distasteful taking on a new discipline. You don't have to love it; you just have to learn to appreciate where you live, appreciate opportunity and appreciate the person who brought you the good news—that found you.

Appreciate the person who believed in you before you believed in yourself; appreciate the person who said, "Hey, if I can do it, you can do it."

If you will embrace the disciplines associated with the new opportunity, you will soon find your self-confidence starting to grow—that you're changing from a skeptic to a believer. And soon, when you go out person to person, talking to people, you will find it to be the most thrilling opportunity in the world. Every person…. What could it be? Unlimited! Maybe a friend for life. The next person could be an open door to retiring. The next person could be a colleague for years to come. It's big-time stuff. And sometimes, in the beginning, when we are just getting started, we don't always see how big it is.

So, before you are tempted to give up or get discouraged, remember all success is based on long-term commitment, faith, discipline, attitude and a few steppingstones along the way. You might not like the stone you are on right now, but it's sure to be one of the stones that lead to great opportunities in the future.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Thanks for these replies I need to be inspired, for some reason cant watch the video man!

In all honesty, I love the job, I love the people, and the people love me.

But I am 24, I have done my fair shair of labouring, likewise for a friend of mine who has been in labouring since he was 15, he was keen, he was eager, but now he cant bench press a sausage if he tried. Why? Because his back is disaligned because of the loads he was picking up, when I make my millions I want to be able to enjoy it.

I cant help the way I feel, if I see that 80% of people are being under paid, then "yes" I will leave signs up everywhere to a site that shows how to calculate the wages!"

Why does this company seem to think that our health and safety is of no concern, any person lifting on average 2000 50kg weights a day will feel the pressure. I have already wrote everything done, everybody talks to me, thats why this stupid manager is jealous, people like me and they hate him because he just shouts, not in a constructive way, in a spoilt like child way, my line manager and GSM love me. I tell them things as they are, they have respect for me, because I am truthful. I just have to be careful of this fool and his mini wife.

I will not give up this job, everyday I come home and still hear the arguments with my family about money, money, money, flipping money! I am sorry if I seemed negative, but I been up since 4.30 in the morning, am pissed they never paid me a penny, and annoyed a crate fell on my head all because they dismiss health and safety.

But I love waking up in the morning, I love knowing that at the end of the month, I will be employing loads of my dollars to work for me, I cant wait to buy some books I have been waiting to read, but am fearful that my mouth and my fearlessness to speak the truth, will be frowed upon by those sick people seeking power. Why not inspire everyone? Why do people like to torture themselves more?

Wake up workers, we have rights, we can work hard, we can do all the work, and yes we can still smile when we do it.

They will not bring me down, yes I will complain, but I will not give up, I am just going to be keeping a record of everything that happens. Hopefully if they dont sack me by the 12 weeks, everything will be even better, because then I can bring up the issues.

As for now, thanks again everyone, I appreciate your wise words, I know I need to listen and shut up more, but I am still mastering myself.

A

Anon3587x

I was happy for you when I started reading your post.

Then I seen the
"I slipped up in the chiller today and hit my head because they didnt provide me with proper footwear"

LOL, some people will never change

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I was happy for you when I started reading your post.

Then I seen the

LOL, some people will never change

I disagree. People can change in an instant but it is easy to go back to old patterns after they are broken.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
But I am 24, I have done my fair shair of labouring

I am 49 this year. If I lost everything tomorrow, I would hold 3 jobs and work 100+ hours a week to feed myself and my family. I'd dig ditches, work at Mickie D's, clean up slop-- whatever it took to make it.

Just in the past few days, in addition to all my regular work, I moved carpets (heavy), mattresses, lumber, lifted and transported seven 100# plasma TVs, started mounting these TVs on the wall . . . I could go on.

It's not about your age. It's about your STATE OF MIND.

I cant help the way I feel, if I see that 80% of people are being under paid, then "yes" I will leave signs up everywhere to a site that shows how to calculate the wages!"

Think about that-- what you just said: 80% of people are being underpaid?

Isn't there a small possibility that YOU are the one whose perceptions are off?

And your first part is the most wrong: You CAN CHANGE THE WAY YOU FEEL.

In fact, it's the biggest, most important thing in the entire universe you can change-- TODAY.

Why does this company seem to think that our health and safety is of no concern, any person lifting on average 2000 50kg weights a day will feel the pressure.

Wow-- I just did the math on this. Assuming you work an 8 hour shift and have 2 breaks and lunch, this works out to lifting a new 110 pound package every 12 seconds-- FOR SIX HOURS STRAIGHT.

Sounds to me like you're unloading and stocking. That was my first "real" job. I loved it. Only got paid about $50 a week for it, after taxes.

It was like getting paid to work out at the gym, w/dead weights-- only I was getting PAID!!! :banana:

. . . thanks again everyone, I know I need to listen and shut up more, but I am still mastering myself.

It's not about listening and shutting up. It's all about CHANGING HOW YOU LOOK AT THE WORLD.

Changing how you look at the world is EASY compared to the alternative (trying to change the world itself).

And yet it sounds like that's the trap you're laying for yourself-- telling yourself that your boss is the enemy, and workers of the world should rise up and unite.

As Les Gee told me a long time ago:

If you want to change the world, work first at changing yourself.

-Russ H.

A

Anon3587x

I disagree. People can change in an instant but it is easy to go back to old patterns after they are broken.

Your right Steve, anybody can change any situation in any moment. But not everybody will change.

Lately I've been trying to understand how people can procrastinate so much. They know what needs to be done, but they just refuse to do it.

A boot in the a$$ is not the most humane way to motivate somebody, but it sure as puts a engine in gear.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I had a job almost like that. Our quota was between 800-900 boxes that weigh between nothing and 50 pounds.

8 hour shifts, 1/2 hour lunch, two 15 minute breaks. Actually the bosses were fond of leaving early, which often cut our hours down to about 6 instead of 8. The lunch wasn't paid for, but the breaks were.

I wasn't able to make quota... But maybe I calculated it wrong. Y'see, the skids were laid out so everyone can work off the same ones basically. So I suspect the people that say they were doing 20 skids were actually counting how many pallets went away, rather than estimating their box output.

In this case, 30 seconds a box wasn't a lot of time. You have to load the boxes onto a dolly, move them to their location, then stack them in the appropriate place. The boxes are such a size you can get three on a dolly, or if one was available, up to 12 on a cart.

Fun story. The first day they told us the quota and were having us write down our totals, I kept track of my boxes. The supervisor had no idea what to think of it, so I had him divide it by the number that's supposed to be on a skid (They were often stacked one row higher, and sometimes two). Which is 5 boxes high, 3 boxes per long side, 1 box per short. Or 40 boxes. I wound up with something like 13 skids, which didn't impress him.

So what's my point..? Well, depending on how the boxes must be sorted from start to finish, I can see 2,000 being done in a day. In my case I averaged 450-500 a day (Until I got fired. :) ), which was well under quota in an environment where you had to gather, go to a location, then stack.. Either below you, which is easy and takes very little time... Or above you. Given that I'm fairly weak and only about 5'11, I often had to play tetris with boxes above me and climb up into the space to put the heavier ones in place.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Lately I've been trying to understand how people can procrastinate so much. They know what needs to be done, but they just refuse to do it.

As someone who is prone to procrastinating, I can't really tell you why. I can tell you why people get distracted, why they consciously chose not to do their work, etc. But I can't tell you why people sit down to work, then convince themselves to do everything else but the task at hand.

It might also be that there is no one real answer. I know sometimes it can be from self delusion "I'll get right to it, but first I'm going to do this..." You say that, you believe that. You don't get to it.
Anxiety can cause you to avoid doing a task in a rather procrastinating sort of way. Afraid to make an important phone call? You can find yourself pacing back and forth, double-checking the number, writing a script in your head, having a drink of water because it'll "keep your voice from cracking". All procrastination.
Some tasks just have a feel-bad aura to them, and it's hard to convince yourself to work through it. Some people manage to do it by concentrating on how good they'll feel after the task is done, and keep motivated through it by concentrating on how nice it is to get each piece of it done along the way. (This just doesn't work if anxiety is your block however.)

Then there's always the lack of discipline. I almost didn't mention this because it seems more like a seperate thing to me, but whatever. If you don't have the discipline to prioratize so you do what you should do before what you want to, it'll let you procrastinate. Double bad if you tend to be self-deluding.

P.S. I know the rest of that kind of conflicts with my opening paragraph, but that's how thoughts evolve, and it's what happens when you don't edit.

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Don't know about the 1000 words, but there are 959 references in 48 posts by the author to himself. The "I" philosophy looks at the repitition of words as an indicator of narcissim, we all must grow out of our narcissism. The best recommendation one could recommend here is to never you use the word "I" or "can't" in any future posts.

We have a Personnel Evaluation that evaluates growth within the framework of conceptual, human, and technical skills. This is further divided into grading the specifics from the bottom up of transactions, mechanics, organization, management, communication, and conceptual.

The second part of the Evaluation grades Production and Attitude, attitude must always lead production, if production leads the attitude one may take 3 steps forward but always 4 steps back. Attitude is always the proper means to the end of worthwhile production.

Production and attitude are primary indicators of character which can be observed daily in a work enviornment. The character is measured not just in days, months, but years which leads to mastery and real experience.

The author Anthony Robbins uses the modeling to change human behavior over night but real permanent character building is solving problems with the 4 tools of discipline, balancing, delaying gratification, acceptance of the truth, and dedication to reality. With 100 percent discipline all problems can be solved. One already accepts the fact that life is difficult without rehashing it over and over, once one accepts that life is difficult it is no longer difficult, the ultimate paradox.

The whinning in the above posts are almost purposeful confusion, a predictable profile of attention getting posts that in effect go nowhere. The posts are full of contradictions for example cllaiming to "never steal" in one post and to admit to "stealing" in a secondary post. The world hangs on decisions of good and evil, evil and power are mentioned in the posts. Character is tested in the celestial boot camp of life.

It is as if there is a god like arrogance and that the allseeingeye is the higher power here as there is no submission, the paradox is that the seeing eye does more telling than listening.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Wow thanks for the councilling peeps, really needed that.

I am Godly, especially when I take my top off.

Just like the universe is made up of matter and anti matter, so are people. I like nearly all the people working there, however there are two in particular that need a pimp slap. No one gave that little biatch with "crab meat" on her neck the authority to nose around in my rucksack, nore did I give her permission to read my private diary of notes. If anyone here agrees with such behaviour, you are also as sly as she is, and just the type of person I dont associate with.

Whatever anyone says here that I find irrevelant to my circumstances, I will disregard it, I like to learn things for myself, the hard way.

There is no misperception I had to wait for 35 minutes in order to sort my wages out, everyone is getting screwed over, however they are still new and trying to organise everything, I will give them till next month to sort it out, I have debts to pay.

I am much better than this job, its mind numblingly boring and believe I would find more fun in cleaning shit, I only need till next June, then I will not need this jobs income. I will be making money the lazy way. Its this "I am no better than this job attitude, why people dont move up, or make something of themselves", I am not going be a looser my whole life, it was fun while it lasted.

As you can see I thoughtfully posted some stuff, purely on the assumption that I wont be getting replies from the 5% of wealthy, and that the other 95% are the "fake it till you make it" kind.

I find myself getting frustrated and annoyed sometimes when I talk in this forum, I believed this was a place that wanted to help, but it seems as if many people here negatively test and then assume that it is, what it is, pretty much like what they do at the Warrior Forums, just hide behind the pretences of wanting to help the sheeple, at the same time, they sell them shit.

In all honesty, I am rude and obnoxious, I am starting to second doubt the intentions of this forum, not so much the few good people here, but rather the foundation on what it was built.

For example:

You say dont chase the money, yet this forum is covered in Ads - For the purpose of making money
Then we are sold something.

That seems a bit of a contradiction too, dont you think? If one is wealthy, why the need to want money from ads. Isnt the purpose of promoting a valuable book and helping good enough?

This website promotes the idea of a quick route to wealth, yet every person replies with the same "you have to work hard and it will take time" nonsense. The marketing here seems rehashed, selling the idea of a secret, there is no secret.

If I get banned then so be it, I dont care to be honest, I recieve only 5% of valuable comments.

It seems to me that this blog is also run on the "fake it till you make it" belief

Some peoples opinions here are seriously prehistoric, maybe you should escape from the barn you reside in, take a plane to london and have a look at the real world. I talk too people who used to rob people, there are people in this place that have carried guns, have stabbed people, and done things far worst than steal some fruit, whilst their conscious turned a blind eye. Dont try and knock me for something so petty, it only makes you look petty.

The workforce is simply not like this, and if any of you had been working for the corperate world you would know, snitches get promoted, good hard working people get more hard work. Its a war zone like it is on the streets, its all about survival, doing the least work for the best pay, just look at the managers.

I aint braking my back for no shitty corperate business, who seems to have only done one thing right, "legalise slave labour"

They do everything, all the success and wealth books I have read, say not to. Already 15 staff have quit, its a bad place to be, and is metaphorically speaking, a vortex that sucks good energy from people, just like those creatures in the matrix looking for life to extract.

Yes I must be crazy right.

I talk shit too, everyone talks shit, at least Im not talking shit, when I say am talking shit

I am not believing anything I dont see with my own eyes, too many people hide behind avatars and pretend to be something they are not, sometimes it shows.

This is just a test reply, I like to see if someone would like to throw in some constructive replies, or If I simply get shut up, at least the truth will be known.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Don't know about the 1000 words, but there are 959 references in 48 posts by the author to himself. The "I" philosophy looks at the repitition of words as an indicator of narcissim, we all must grow out of our narcissism. The best recommendation one could recommend here is to never you use the word "I" or "can't" in any future posts.

We have a Personnel Evaluation that evaluates growth within the framework of conceptual, human, and technical skills. This is further divided into grading the specifics from the bottom up of transactions, mechanics, organization, management, communication, and conceptual.

The second part of the Evaluation grades Production and Attitude, attitude must always lead production, if production leads the attitude one may take 3 steps forward but always 4 steps back. Attitude is always the proper means to the end of worthwhile production.

Production and attitude are primary indicators of character which can be observed daily in a work enviornment. The character is measured not just in days, months, but years which leads to mastery and real experience.

The author Anthony Robbins uses the modeling to change human behavior over night but real permanent character building is solving problems with the 4 tools of discipline, balancing, delaying gratification, acceptance of the truth, and dedication to reality. With 100 percent discipline all problems can be solved. One already accepts the fact that life is difficult without rehashing it over and over, once one accepts that life is difficult it is no longer difficult, the ultimate paradox.

The whinning in the above posts are almost purposeful confusion, a predictable profile of attention getting posts that in effect go nowhere. The posts are full of contradictions for example cllaiming to "never steal" in one post and to admit to "stealing" in a secondary post. The world hangs on decisions of good and evil, evil and power are mentioned in the posts. Character is tested in the celestial boot camp of life.

It is as if there is a god like arrogance and that the allseeingeye is the higher power here as there is no submission, the paradox is that the seeing eye does more telling than listening.

Healthy narcissism is a structural truthfulness of the self, achievement of self and object constancy, synchronization between the self and the superego and a balance between libidinal and aggressive drives (the ability to receive gratification from others and the drive for impulse expression). Healthy narcissism forms a constant, realistic self-interest and mature goals and principles and an ability to form deep object relations.[4] A feature related to healthy narcissism is the feeling of greatness. This is often used to compensate for insecurity or inadequacy.

Like someone said earlier, in order to change the world, you must first change yourself, I is important.

I mentioned many times I suffered with bad depression, depression causes confusion in the mind, you dont just feel depressed, or you cant just snap out of it. I never chose to be a TMJ sufferer.

http://www.richardwebster.net/freudwrong.html

Maybe its about time to move on from your Freud theories, your social communication would drive a person insane, do you always talk phschoanalysis.

The only thing your right about, is the God like part, we are all mini Gods in a sense, a vessell of expression to project the Godliness, have you never wondered why Egypt had so many Gods? Yet we never here of modern day prophets.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I talk shit too, everyone talks shit, at least Im not talking shit, when I say am talking shit

ASE, talk is cheap.

Your entire post is about everything BUT how to change your life.

You're TALKING.

But not DOING.

This is a community of DOERS.

Yes, many of us are also DREAMERS-- but we also DO.

If you read my posts, you'll see numerous suggestions to DO-- to CHANGE WHO YOU ARE, and HOW YOU LOOK AT YOUR WORLD.

There are a lot of people here trying to help you. But you don't feel that.

Just like your bosses. They're trying to get you to work. Not to undermine their authority.

BTW, if you're doing your little notes AT WORK, even if it's on break, they may be subject to subpoena (or the British equivalent).

How much easier your life would be if you honestly, truly, deep-in-your-heart could feel love for those whom you don't understand, and were willing to do any kind of work, without feeling it was below you.

As long as you have these issues, you're going to have a problem on these forums.

As I've mentioned before-- posters here, in the past, have actually been banned for their "I'm a victim" mentalities. You may see this as some kind of beat-the-workers-down conspiracy. It's not, really.

It's just keeping this place focused, and positive.

-Russ H.

PS You can talk shit all you want. But you're sure wasting your time doing it here.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
The best recommendation one could recommend here is to never you use the word "I" or "can't" in any future posts.
I had a phase where I tried to do that for a while. With all the rambling and ranting that comes out of me, avoiding the 'I' word made it look less self-centered, but far more pretentious. Eventually I realized that one can be self-referrential without being narcissistic. It just means you speak through the perspective of the self without it necessarily being a tie to vanity.
... That said, not saying "I" forces you to get pretty creative with the way you talk. It doesn't, however, force you to be non-egocentric. Though I suppose it would be a start!

Just like the universe is made up of matter and anti matter, so are people. I like nearly all the people working there, however there are two in particular that need a pimp slap. No one gave that little biatch with "crab meat" on her neck the authority to nose around in my rucksack, nore did I give her permission to read my private diary of notes. If anyone here agrees with such behaviour, you are also as sly as she is, and just the type of person I dont associate with.
Ok, that's between you and her... You should do what I did in school. I got a lock and looped it between the two zipper tags of my backpack. Why do you even mention her?

I am much better than this job, its mind numblingly boring and believe I would find more fun in cleaning shit, I only need till next June, then I will not need this jobs income. I will be making money the lazy way. Its this "I am no better than this job attitude, why people dont move up, or make something of themselves", I am not going be a looser my whole life, it was fun while it lasted.
June is a long way away. You can keep looking for other jobs while working there. Many places these days are more keen to hire those already in a job.

As you can see I thoughtfully posted some stuff, purely on the assumption that I wont be getting replies from the 5% of wealthy, and that the other 95% are the "fake it till you make it" kind.
Russ responds to you plenty. Kung Fu Steve.. I'm not sure how wealthy he is, but I wouldn't dare insult him by saying he's faking it. Success is more than the bank. ... On that note, just about every active person has responded, which means you probably got a reply, or an indirect reply from that 5%.

I find myself getting frustrated and annoyed sometimes when I talk in this forum, I believed this was a place that wanted to help, but it seems as if many people here negatively test and then assume that it is, what it is, pretty much like what they do at the Warrior Forums, just hide behind the pretences of wanting to help the sheeple, at the same time, they sell them shit.
There's a simple reason for that. People that are trying to help do so in one of two ways: By speaking in a way that would help them, or in a way they think will help you.

...You say dont chase the money, yet this forum is covered in Ads - For the purpose of making money

That seems a bit of a contradiction too, dont you think? If one is wealthy, why the need to want money from ads. Isnt the purpose of promoting a valuable book and helping good enough?

Ads may provide some income. Income pays for hosting, time spent maintaining, then whatever MJ likes to use the excess- if any- for.
"Don't chase the money" doesn't mean not to monetize where possible. I means not to gold-rush towards where other people are having success thinking your presence will just let you snipe some of the success away for yourself. It means not treating your customers poorly so you don't have to spend money to put the service in customer service. It means paying attention; NO ONE is going to pay 50 dollars for a goddamn box of tea, no matter how 'revolutionary' it supposedly is, except the people in your downline because they too hope to sell 50 dollar tea in order to scrape up enough money to buy a car.

This website promotes the idea of a quick route to wealth, yet every person replies with the same "you have to work hard and it will take time" nonsense. The marketing here seems rehashed, selling the idea of a secret, there is no secret.
Is there a secret? There are trade secrets. There are unintentional secrets. (Things you know and assume others do too, when they don't.) But is there a secret that stops you from becoming wealthy? Nah. There are however methods, directions, and outlooks you have to discover or be shown. Fast money doesn't mean effortless money, though it can become effortless once your business is self-sufficient.
Everything does take time, but the amount really can't be calculated. For a new skill, the time taken will be huge. For an old skill you never tweak, the time taken will be very consistent... For you.

If I get banned then so be it, I dont care to be honest, I recieve only 5% of valuable comments.
And yet you only really need to apply one or two of those valuable comments to turn life into awesome. Like it or not, there's a whole shit load of good advice scattered throughout this thread. Enough that I think it should be sticky.

...I talk too people who used to rob people, there are people in this place that have carried guns, have stabbed people, and done things far worst than steal some fruit, whilst their conscious turned a blind eye. Dont try and knock me for something so petty, it only makes you look petty.
I bet most of these people think what they were doing was petty, too. It's a rare person who robs without need, or shoots 'n stabs just for the fun of it. Stealing to eat is the same desperation that fuels the other.. Activities. Purely as a tangent, stealing out of those crimes is the one that most often has no survival need to it.

The workforce is simply not like this, and if any of you had been working for the corperate world you would know, snitches get promoted, good hard working people get more hard work. Its a war zone like it is on the streets, its all about survival, doing the least work for the best pay, just look at the managers.

I aint braking my back for no shitty corperate business, who seems to have only done one thing right, "legalise slave labour"

They do everything, all the success and wealth books I have read, say not to. Already 15 staff have quit, its a bad place to be, and is metaphorically speaking, a vortex that sucks good energy from people, just like those creatures in the matrix looking for life to extract.

The reason it's said to work hard and honest is less about promotion and more about building your own work ethic for when you move on to things you care about. Regardless of where you're working, your habits form all the same. If you do the bare minimum work, you will be of the habit to do the bare minimum work.

I am not believing anything I dont see with my own eyes, too many people hide behind avatars and pretend to be something they are not, sometimes it shows.
Hi, I'm Justin. I'm a lazy dreamer with a long history of anxiety and depression. I have $231 available to me right now and a large list of abandoned projects and uncapitalized million dollar ideas. Right now I have two active projects under way. One is a game I keep running in circles over (it's even more emberassing that I've been doing things for it without getting anything done, than procrastinating!) and the other is a small book that teaches you how to lie I wrote entirely based off tonnes of internet research, reverse-engineering a structure, and a light dusting of bullshit.
Although I'm terrified to admit that it's my work, I will be posting a progress thread on it at some point. Despite not wanting the stigma I expect to come with it, I do believe lying has it's merits and my progress might help someone.
Oh, I also openly swear and don't hide my personality. Image and reputation are incredibly important, but they aren't as important to me as letting people know what to actually expect.

This is just a test reply, I like to see if someone would like to throw in some constructive replies, or If I simply get shut up, at least the truth will be known.
No, it's not just a test reply. It's a long winded rant that spits in the face of everyone who's tried to help you, insults the non-wealthy by suggesting what we say has no merit, like we're some kind of dancing puppets or something instead of reasonably intelligent people capable of formed experience, opinion, and knowledge that might be relevant despite pulling it from non-wealth building sources... What you've said has been disrespectful all around. A test? You seriously mean to insult us by calling it a test?

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
No need to ban me, I will come back it June when I have made success for myselfs.

Clearly success and failure dont understand each other, it is obvious that poor and rich minds dont mingle well.

The only thing I am abundant in, is my spiritual 33rd nature.

Money, money, f'in money. People kill themselves for money, they kill others for money.

I wish everyone well, and it was good to meet some people here.

Peace

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
There is no misperception I had to wait for 35 minutes in order to sort my wages out, everyone is getting screwed over, however they are still new and trying to organise everything, I will give them till next month to sort it out, I have debts to pay.

I am much better than this job
Go get one thats as good as you.
, its mind numblingly boring and believe I would find more fun in cleaning shit, I only need till next June, then I will not need this jobs income. I will be making money the lazy way. Its this "I am no better than this job attitude, why people dont move up, or make something of themselves", I am not going be a looser my whole life, it was fun while it lasted.
Oh wait, you NEED this job because you have debts to pay. I follow up on this in the third to last quote.

The warrior forum is a joke, its not a secret. I dont see how you can compare the two forums. I dont see anyone selling anything on here. There is a section to do so, how many ebooks are there?
Have you seen the section where you have to pay? Wheres that section here? because...
I am starting to second doubt the intentions of this forum, not so much the few good people here, but rather the foundation on what it was built.

For example:

You say dont chase the money, yet this forum is covered in Ads - For the purpose of making money

If the forum was chasing money there would be a section for members to pay or you would have to pay to read the forum.
I dont think Ive ever seen someone say work hard for 30-40 years. Did you think you would work one day and it would happen over night?

What do you want. Someone to sit and hold your hand and say. "Do this, to that." Thats not going to happen.
There are multiple ways to create wealth. Find one you like. There is only so much someone can tell you.

How do you plan to do this? I will not need this jobs income. I will be making money the lazy way.
If things apparently dont take time, do it now so you can quit tomorrow.
It seems to me that this blog is also run on the "fake it till you make it" belief

Some peoples opinions here are seriously prehistoric, maybe you should escape from the barn you reside in, take a plane to london and have a look at the real world.
Do you have an example?
I talk too people who used to rob people, there are people in this place that have carried guns, have stabbed people, and done things far worst than steal some fruit, whilst their conscious turned a blind eye. Dont try and knock me for something so petty, it only makes you look petty.
Maybe you hang around with the wrong type of people.

Is it ok for me to go and hit someones leg with a baseball bat because they pissed me off? Should I turn a blind eye because my friend shot someone?

Again, you think its ok to steal fruit but working a basic job is beneath you. Your excuse is that other people do worse things?

Sounds it! I would go bad to your stabbing and gun carrying friends. Thats where you want to be. Not near someone that reads your diary or makes you wait 35 minutes.

I think every member is a human, maybe a couple of monkeys? I dont get what you want to see? You are going to believe something when you see someones face?

I think this is the problem. Youve been unemployed for a long time. Its normal to spend a day do very little. You still get money from the goverment. Now you got a job and wow! You actually have to do something. Its crazy huh? Working for money.

The economy is bad and companies have made budget cuts. They are only hiring the minimum amount of staff and increasing there work load.

Now you have debts to pay so you need the job. This amount of work you have to do is new to you and you dont like it! So you complain over basic things.

You are not the only one. Ive talked to two people that said pretty much the same thing you have. They lost their job because the company they worked for made cuts. Now, months later they have a job. When I asked them how it was going I get a standard reply.

"Its great! The money sucks. Oh and the manager is a complete douche. He made me work the night shift last week! Can you believe that!"

They complain about little things, things that shouldnt bother them. You complain about waiting 35 minutes. Someone read your journal.

If you were cleaning up shit. You would still find something to complain about. "the sponge they gave me is to small. This is an outrage!"

Clearly success and failure dont understand each other
If Im trying to ride a bicycle for the first time. Can I do it straight away? I might have a good run but I will eventually fall because its all new to me. I can put training wheels on my bicycle to help me. My friend can describe what I need to do so I dont fall. When it comes down to it, its up to me. My friend cant do it for me.

I fall, I have to pick myself back up, maybe my friend will help and tell me what I did wrong. I failed at riding a bike. Now, if I look at what I did, lets say I leaned to much. Ive just learned I dont need to lean so much. So next time I wont and I'll do better.

This time I fall because I didnt put my feet on the ground when I stopped. Again I pick my self up and another fail. Should I give up? Im 0-2.
Why would I! I now know I have to put my feet on the ground when I stop. So there. Now Im riding my bike. Still a bit shaky but Im doing ok.

Failure and success might not understand each other, but you can use failure to succeed.

it is obvious that poor and rich minds dont mingle well.
I couldnt have said it better than myself. Maybe this is your problem. You have a poor mind. It doesnt matter want your bank account says, you can have either. Its only up to you to change your mind.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Go get one thats as good as you.

Oh wait, you NEED this job because you have debts to pay. I follow up on this in the third to last quote.

The warrior forum is a joke, its not a secret. I dont see how you can compare the two forums. I dont see anyone selling anything on here. There is a section to do so, how many ebooks are there?
Have you seen the section where you have to pay? Wheres that section here? because...

If the forum was chasing money there would be a section for members to pay or you would have to pay to read the forum.

I dont think Ive ever seen someone say work hard for 30-40 years. Did you think you would work one day and it would happen over night?

What do you want. Someone to sit and hold your hand and say. "Do this, to that." Thats not going to happen.
There are multiple ways to create wealth. Find one you like. There is only so much someone can tell you.

How do you plan to do this? I will not need this jobs income. I will be making money the lazy way.
If things apparently dont take time, do it now so you can quit tomorrow.

Do you have an example?

Maybe you hang around with the wrong type of people.

Is it ok for me to go and hit someones leg with a baseball bat because they pissed me off? Should I turn a blind eye because my friend shot someone?

Again, you think its ok to steal fruit but working a basic job is beneath you. Your excuse is that other people do worse things?

Sounds it! I would go bad to your stabbing and gun carrying friends. Thats where you want to be. Not near someone that reads your diary or makes you wait 35 minutes.

I think every member is a human, maybe a couple of monkeys? I dont get what you want to see? You are going to believe something when you see someones face?

I think this is the problem. Youve been unemployed for a long time. Its normal to spend a day do very little. You still get money from the goverment. Now you got a job and wow! You actually have to do something. Its crazy huh? Working for money.

The economy is bad and companies have made budget cuts. They are only hiring the minimum amount of staff and increasing there work load.

Now you have debts to pay so you need the job. This amount of work you have to do is new to you and you dont like it! So you complain over basic things.

You are not the only one. Ive talked to two people that said pretty much the same thing you have. They lost their job because the company they worked for made cuts. Now, months later they have a job. When I asked them how it was going I get a standard reply.

"Its great! The money sucks. Oh and the manager is a complete douche. He made me work the night shift last week! Can you believe that!"

They complain about little things, things that shouldnt bother them. You complain about waiting 35 minutes. Someone read your journal.

If you were cleaning up shit. You would still find something to complain about. "the sponge they gave me is to small. This is an outrage!"

If Im trying to ride a bicycle for the first time. Can I do it straight away? I might have a good run but I will eventually fall because its all new to me. I can put training wheels on my bicycle to help me. My friend can describe what I need to do so I dont fall. When it comes down to it, its up to me. My friend cant do it for me.

I fall, I have to pick myself back up, maybe my friend will help and tell me what I did wrong. I failed at riding a bike. Now, if I look at what I did, lets say I leaned to much. Ive just learned I dont need to lean so much. So next time I wont and I'll do better.

This time I fall because I didnt put my feet on the ground when I stopped. Again I pick my self up and another fail. Should I give up? Im 0-2.
Why would I! I now know I have to put my feet on the ground when I stop. So there. Now Im riding my bike. Still a bit shaky but Im doing ok.

Failure and success might not understand each other, but you can use failure to succeed.

I couldnt have said it better than myself. Maybe this is your problem. You have a poor mind. It doesnt matter want your bank account says, you can have either. Its only up to you to change your mind.

Wow, the perfect brainwashed manequin, your opinions on certain subjects are not that of your own or from your own experience, maybe its about time you sold the TV.

I am not going to justify and waste my energy on such immature views on these matters, and no I dont hang around with anyone but myself, I was reffering to the people at work.

Anyone low enough to read ones private notes is scum.

Why do people pay tax then? You need a politics and economics class! Go and read about the new deal flexible scam before you breathe your cold aired opinions.

An example is yourself, making prejudgments before you know the facts, your the warrior type.

I still cant believe people like yourself exist in this world, Paying tax is one thing, but then complaining about people who use tax is a joke. Thats like moaning that someone is using the NHS!

Yes I agree there are a small percentage of people who cant, dont and will never find a job, but I have been there, and I can assure you that the majority want a job, but dont have the skills or experience to find one, wake up you gov sheep.

I just had to express my own thoughts on your narrow mindedness, it makes me sick.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hm, I'm almost starting to feel a little insulted. I and everyone else have put a lot of time and effort (time and effort that we take from other areas of our lives) to contribute to you brother. I think if I were in front of you right now I'd shake you and say "Get over it!" If life isn't what you want, MAKE IT what you want. You want to live in a la la land - go right ahead. I have almost unlimited patience for people, but you do have to help the willing. The reason I came from broke in every sense of the word to "success" is because I was willing. I sought out the information, I did whatever it took, no matter how miserable, how hard, how emotionally tough it was for me. I sucked it up.

And I have no secrets, if you want to know where I am at financially and personally just send me a message. I don't mind being called out - I wouldn't be much a personal development coach and motivational trainer if I didn't practice what I preach!

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
I just had to express my own thoughts on your narrow mindedness, it makes me sick.

It's funny you say this, and yet you also say that you'll immediately dismiss anything you want to. Mayhap, you need to take a look at your 'open mindedness'.

Whatever anyone says here that I find irrevelant to my circumstances, I will disregard it, I like to learn things for myself, the hard way.

A

Anon3587x

You speak of all OUR contradictions but fail to mention any of your own REAL contradictions. If you were so high and mighty you would not be 25 years old stealing fruit to survive. Doing slave labor IS NOT BENEATH YOU, You are NOT too good to do such work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
First off I would like to state you are the whiniest self loathing MF I have ever seen on this forum and possibly in my life.

I love seeing you complain. It reminds me exactly how I don't want to be.

Which is actually why this thread has gone on so long.

It's a perfect example of how different the people are on these forums-- how positive, proactive, and progressive they are.

And how much they try to help folks in trouble, when they ask for it.

But as the OP so eloquently points out by example-- all the talk and good intentions in the world are not going to change someone-- if they don't want to change.

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Which is actually why this thread has gone on so long.

This is why the thread is still open and the original poster has not been banned. (Despite violating the rules of "no victims") This is a perfect teaching tool on how to attract poverty in your life.

Want to be poor?
Read this thread and hold this attitude.

If I was to lay odds on your success, or lack of it, yea, my bet will be on you to be ending up in an alley and stealing fruit. We tried to help and instead, you shoved it back in our face. Obviously, your crappy life isn't crappy enough.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
For example:

Dude,

I left this thread a while back because I felt there was no hope for you. You have just proved it to me that I was right. I really doubt you will make it, and I never have said that to anyone.

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
The reason why I posted to this thread was specifically after Kung Fu had seemingly got ASE to change with a well thought out slant on NLP positive reinforcement (modeling) after the long drawn out thread that went nowhere. My post accelerated and surfaced the extent of the dysfunction which was specifically to show Kung Fu that the behavior here is way beyond impotent self-destructive narcissism. You cannot grow anything on arid ground. Why it went on so long was not about ASE but the responses and attempts by the forum members to make sense of nonsensical rants. The seemingly rapid conversion regressed immediately with the exposure of the narcissism and the simple problem solving framework. This was expected, in fact Kung Fu felt a "little insulted" - I believe this is an understatement.

ASE just repeated the dysfunction with even more rapid fire narcissism adding another 67 "I's" in 4 more posts for 1026 total. Some responses offered help, answered every disjointed statement, and even attacked back (being sucked in). After speed reading the first few posts of the now 52 of ASL the only question was the degree of dysfunction, at this point it is almost compulsive. When one advertises his character flaws with arrogance one is not asking for help he is preaching to the choir. Hopefully Kung Fu can learn from this although I expect he learned from his very civil response to an uncivil and ungrateful person.

The only thing I saw in the ASE posts was, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIImeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIImeI,I,I,I,IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIImeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIImeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIImeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIImeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I I I I I I I I me me me me me II II II II IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII me I I i i i i i i i i IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Can you believe I am only half way there??? So many I's make me dizzy and is boring beyond belief, therefore I will stop here even though half way as even the dumbest in the forum would get the point! This behavior problem is not rocket science! It is obvious! ASE does not need NLP he needs an exorcism! A study of work and courage and only HE can do this!

The reason this is coming to an end is that this is the exposure and enforcement, nothing else needs to be said in context of this forum. ASE even states "I don't care to be honest" - do you think? Nothing has been honest here. Dysfunction cannot help but expose themselves.

From the beginning the Allseeingeye is in fact BLIND.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
ASE I worked in factories for over 22 years as a laborer. It was back breaking work for "the man." I was a bittter, unhappy, jealous person for much of that time. Most of my coworkers were unhappy people too. After seeing that I wasted a lot of my life being that way and getting nowhere, I decided to look for a better way. I changed. I recently went back to the factories for some observation. The same type of people are there. There was a mile between their attitudes and mine even though we were standing 10 feet apart. I could see the disdain and anger on their faces.

I worked and became a school teacher. Now I hear the factory worker's kids spout off the same negative stuff their parents do. I'll tell you what I teach my 10 year old students:

Your reality is not everyone else's reality. That does not diminish anyone's life or circumstance, but do not try to project your reality on others. When you come to realize that is true, then you can accept that there may be a better life out there and you may be able to live it.

It must be a cold, dark place where you are now. Good luck ASE.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Now I hear the factory worker's kids spout off the same negative stuff their parents do.

It's ridiculous how much your overall mood, and personality is effected by simple the words you use. Granted, the words you use, are also dictated, by how you feel, so it's an endless spiral down if you speak negatively.

Want to feel like a loser? Simply think "I'm a loser" and then a reason why, like how you caused your team to lose an easy win

Want to feel great? Think "I'm awesome" and then the time you caused your team to win a difficult game.

Do that for a couple weeks, and you'll notice a huge difference in your thoughts, and words you use.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to be successful with either thinking, but one will definitely set you miles ahead in the game. Negative thinking makes you less likable (networking!) and reinforces a thought of you're not good enough so why waste the time.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The reason why I posted to this thread was specifically after Kung Fu had seemingly got ASE to change with a well thought out slant on NLP positive reinforcement (modeling) after the long drawn out thread that went nowhere.

I think the real point is that the thread and the complaints have fulfilled the human needs that we all require. The real mistake (on my part) was not trying to develop NEW ways to fulfill these needs.

Why does someone who quits smoking go back to smoking? Why does someone who lost all of the weight go back to over eating? I believe it is because there is nothing to replace the behavior. While not all of our favorite thing - the complaining and argument-starting was a way for our buddy AllSeeingEye to fulfill some needs.

What should have been taught is how to fulfill those needs without bitching or complaining.

For anyone still reading this thread, hopefully it helps to learn that if you want to change a habit, you cannot just eliminate a habit because it fulfills you in some way. You need to install something to replace it that helps meet the same needs.

Through some private conversations, I know for a fact he DID change. I could tell from our conversations that everything had changed, his outlook on life, his joy, he was happy about everything in life. The new opportunity, everything was going well. I won't betray his trust by spilling everything he said but you can tell that something has shifted (even though he has partially reverted back), because he got off his butt and started his website, he got the job, and he is working! I believe the AllSeeingEye that started this thread wouldn't (and couldn't) have held the job.

My post accelerated and surfaced the extent of the dysfunction which was specifically to show Kung Fu that the behavior here is way beyond impotent self-destructive narcissism. You cannot grow anything on arid ground.

I have unlimited patience for people. I'm not upset because I have been in that position too. I have been down, I have lived in the shadows, I have been far deeper then he will ever be. So I understand the behavior. But I am who I am because I care when no one else will. I have gotten kids off of drugs, I have got drop outs back into school and helping them to achieve academic excellence, I have gotten adults to turn their lives around from bankruptcy, from depression, and from just about everything else. Now I will be the first to admit my buddy here is a little coo-kee but aren't we all? I've dealt with far worse. When I get to the dojo later today I know there is going to be some of the adults where I will undoubtedly say "greeat.... now what do they need..." :smxB: But I don't believe anyone is beyond helping if they want it. We could argue about if he actually wants help or not. But I'm getting a little off topic here...

This was expected, in fact Kung Fu felt a "little insulted" - I believe this is an understatement.

I'll take that as a compliment :smx19:

Hopefully Kung Fu can learn from this although I expect he learned from his very civil response to an uncivil and ungrateful person.

I'll also take that as a compliment :groove:

This behavior problem is not rocket science! It is obvious! ASE does not need NLP he needs an exorcism!

While hilarious and made me laugh quite a bit, I don't think any of the insults or back-handed comments help this thread (whether ASE, or anyone else reading it). I'm a tough love kind of guy but you won't ever see me insulting someone.

A study of work and courage and only HE can do this!

A fantastic comment, Rep+

I think, like some of the moderators have said, this thread has so much insight into a few things; the mentality of wealth, but also how unhappiness starts.

Success leaves clues, but also you can learn just as much from failure. When I was down and out and working for people I absolutely hated I told myself "I'm learning how NOT to act", "I'm learning how NOT to do things", "I'm learning how NOT to treat people"

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Wow...ridiculous.

1) Unfortunately, I hear this so much with people my age (25ish). I went to a private college with many people who had very wealthy families and their parents paid their way/gave them unlimited credit cards to "play their way" through school. Now that we are out of school, none of them have jobs and blame the economy/no jobs out there, etc...

I had a job before I even graduated. I started searching in October of my senior year though. By March, I had an offer. It was work. It was hard work. I knew the city I wanted to be in and I had to skip out on Friday night parties because of an interview that I had that afternoon or coffee meeting early Saturday/Sunday. It sucked, but it was worth it 100%. I have a job and those who expect it to fall in their laps do not.

And you are NEVER above shit labor. It is a person's duty to themselves, their family and their lives to survive and never for once compromise your morals. I started working on our dairy farm when I could walk but my first real job was at a local Taco Bell, started off cleaning toilets, worked there for 4 years and moved up to shift manager...and I loved it. It gave me independence, more than anything.

2) This forum is one of the best I have ever come to. I am not wealthy by any means but I am a doer. A bit slow going because of my failures, but a doer nonetheless. I had a very rough time, just like you are having right now about 2 1/2 years ago. I came here like you did (you could probably find the thread if you looked). And they had the best advice I have ever gotten. Tough love. It's life...deal with it. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps because there are millions of other people in the world who will not breathe another breath today and other millions who won't eat for weeks.

I took that advice. Now I couldn't be happier. I have a great woman who I intend to marry. A personal residence and a rental property. Two of my own companies that I am slowly growing and a secure job to finance my expenses until my companies can take over with the income they bring.

And a large part of that is thanks to the people on this forum. The success stories and their constant optimism is truly an inspiration for me. If I EVER feel just one bit bad about myself, I come here and start reading. You really can't find better quality people than here. Above all, they have integrity and that in itself is the definition of success and riches.

I hope that you can see their advice for what it is and not what you are perceiving it to be. These guys are some of the most supportive people business world but they won't baby you. I truly hope that you can understand what they are trying to say.

Best of luck to you,
Josh

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.