Davel
New Contributor
I just found out about this guy recently, and his story is interesting, although it got me pretty bummed out.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Wayne
Summary for those who don't want to read the wiki entry:
-He co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
-In the company's first year, he sold his 10% share for $800. That 10% today is worth about $58 billion.
-In the nineties he sold the paper he and the 2 Steves had signed as their contract, for $500. That contract later sold at auction for over $1 million.
-Started up a few businesses later that didn't really go anywhere.
He said in an interview that he realized that he "had no business being in business."
He seems generally content with his life, and says he doesn't regret leaving Apple when he did, and I hope he truly feels that way. I know I'd have a really hard time with that.
Really no questions to go along with this, just thought it'd be an interesting post to share.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Wayne
Summary for those who don't want to read the wiki entry:
-He co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
-In the company's first year, he sold his 10% share for $800. That 10% today is worth about $58 billion.
-In the nineties he sold the paper he and the 2 Steves had signed as their contract, for $500. That contract later sold at auction for over $1 million.
-Started up a few businesses later that didn't really go anywhere.
He said in an interview that he realized that he "had no business being in business."
He seems generally content with his life, and says he doesn't regret leaving Apple when he did, and I hope he truly feels that way. I know I'd have a really hard time with that.
Really no questions to go along with this, just thought it'd be an interesting post to share.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
