The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Danger of the Job

krbb91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 23, 2011

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
The thing about these stories that gets me is the people say they've applied to hundreds or even thousands of jobs online and haven't been hired. Do they ever consider that applying to jobs online might not be a good way to find a job? That they're going to have to do something different than everyone else sitting at home blanketing job boards with generic "please hire me" pleas?

Did it ever cross their minds that, after a few months of not finding work, that their current skill set might need some improvement and take some steps to make themselves a better candidate for the jobs that are available? I'm willing to bet that in those two years of unemployment neither one of these "victims of the recession" has developed one new marketable skill.

The mindset that all you can do is sit around and wait for someone else to provide a job for you is exactly why these people aren't getting hired in the first place. Who wants to hire someone who thinks they deserve a job just because they can hit "send" in Outlook?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.