The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Costanza Principle: The secret to your best life?

TheWalker

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 3, 2021
Great post, thank you for starting this thread.

I mostly agree with going against the norm, live the life as you wish and usint ghe path less travelled.
However what I feel a lot is that there are certain situations you have to go with the opinions of others becuase if you don't it becomes a lonely place.
We don't always have the chance to surround ourselfes with just the people thinking as we do and in these situations I give myself permission to lean towards the cultural norm just to not be as alone on the subject.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Great post, thank you for starting this thread.

I mostly agree with going against the norm, live the life as you wish and usint ghe path less travelled.
However what I feel a lot is that there are certain situations you have to go with the opinions of others becuase if you don't it becomes a lonely place.
We don't always have the chance to surround ourselfes with just the people thinking as we do and in these situations I give myself permission to lean towards the cultural norm just to not be as alone on the subject.
I agree. If you don't talk to anyone, how do you know what others are thinking? How can you be a successful contrarian without understanding both sides of an issue?

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
Unpopular opinion:

Another area where the Costanza Principle should be deployed is relationships.

Maybe I am to young or am not cabable of attracting the right person, but if you are young and want to build yourself a future that you want to live in you shouldn't focus on constantly hooking up or finding a significant other. One of my friends has a girlfriend, and he talks too her for like 5-6 hours everyday. If he doesn't talk he texts her. If he doesn't text her he thinks about her. The other friend hooks up with a different girl everyday, and spends like 90% of his mental capacity on getting laid. Getting laid a lot is hugely celebrated in my age group, but it takes up massive amounts of time and effort, and in the end is completely worthless and hedonistic.

I want to build up my business first, because if I don't get rich my life will be hell forever. After that I can look for a relationship.
Was a huuuuge time waster in my late 20's/ early 30's participating in the hookup culture. Feels good in the moment but then so much time wasted on how to get laid rather than get paid.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
I am completely bewildered by the sheer amount of stupidity that is being promoted
My all time favorite radio commercial:
"You're not fat... you're bloated!"

In all seriousness though, I appreciate this thought provoking thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.