The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Bucket List!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just saw "The Bucket List" movie last nite and really enjoyed it.

Has anyone else viewed this film?

Its about two middle-aging men (not too old, maybe mid 50's) who meet each other in their hospital room -- both are told that they have 6-12 months to live before dying from cancer. The epiphany of this news causes them to create a "Bucket List" -- things to do before you die.

This is a great movie (a little slow for those who like *action* flicks) that has a great message. It subtly makes a statement about money and time ... one of the guys dying (Nicholson) is filthy rich, but alone -- while the other is poor, but wealthy in family and friends. Their time is finite and no amount of money will affect that reality.

I give my Fastlane Stamp of approval to the movie!

Also, I created a thread entitled whats your bucket list?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I saw the movie a few days ago and I really liked, I think that the problem here is I don't have Edward Cole around to pay for the stuff I would do if I was about to die.

The only thing I didn't liked is why do rich guys seem so lonely in all films. They are portrayed as greedy and lonely people.

The rest of the movie was great. It brough a lot of feelings in me.

After leaving the cinema I realized that my bucket list is already on my vision board!

More on the other thread...

jimculler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 14, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
I liked how Nicholson was saying that there will be 2 beds to a room, no exceptions. And then wanted it to be different when he got sick.

It was a good movie overall. You are right that its not for the action movie guys and gals. My wife couldnt sit still through it, I finished this one alone, but it was worth it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.