The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Barter Game, You In?

Is there enough interest to keep the Barter Game going?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Thanks MJ.

I was thinking of this. I have an item that no one will readily exchange for, so let's see if we can work out something. I'll send this out to some one, in exchange for 1 month of advertising on a website that generates 3,000 hits or more a month. The ad can be text only, on the side, but plainly visible. My ad has to to be tasteful, and nothing crude or illegal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
That's what I thought we were going to do, that's why I put up the list of domains, maybe I don't get what we're doing here. :smx4:

My original thought was to start with one insignificant item and have 3 or 4 offers for something of comparable value. I would try to trade up in value (valuable to me) until I obtained something 3 x the monetary value of my original item. So basically, I am looking for someone to make an offer on my item. If I don't get an offer, I will need to think of a way to make it appeal to others. If that fails, I will have to switch items.
Basically, the idea is to learn how to trade up, rather than just make even trades.

The ultimate goal is to get people to think outside the box and realize that they really aren't as stuck in their business ventures as they may think.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
okay...

small box of books. Mix of fiction and non-fiction. (5 to 10 books, numerous lots available)

dog. Must live w/out other dogs. (sorry.... can't ship this one)

raw wool. black.

4 jars of canned Flathead cherries

sheep (ewes and rams available)

hand knitted dish rags. (you choose the colors. yellow. green. white. blue)

:coffee:

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
ok I"ll play.

I have a copy, on DVD, of Curt Cobain and Nirvana Playing Tree's on Deep Ellum in Dallas that I would be willing to make a copy of Legally. This was made from a camcorder recording that night. Not the greatest in quality but if you grew up in the grunge stage this is the only copy available through anybody.

Curt get's pissed and stops the show!

How's that for something that is not worth anything but might be worth a ton to a Nirvana fanatic?

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Ok the time expired for this first round. It's not really catching on so let's give it another shot. Perhaps I was thinking to much in a linear fashion (let one trade evolve). In order to get more participants, let's open this up to multiple trades rather than just one line at a time.

Here's what I ask,

Post what you want to exchange....

Type your Name by it and the item title

Sparlin: Magic Trick

Brief description with photo or link

I'll move the items posted to the bottom of Permalink #1 when I can (I'm here often)

it will show as a list. I'll also float it down the thread when I can.

If you want to trade, write your offer in the latest post, or contact the other party via PM.

When a barter is made, type TRADED by your listed post. I will reflect that on the master list.

I'm going to work on my goal (trade line) while you guys work on the side.

Let's see if this works.

Next Round Expires Friday Night at 10pm Central.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Qwerety: Cookie Press

I have a cookie press up for trade. New and never been used.
I received it as a gift, but never used it because I really don't make cookies often enough.
Comes with instructions on how to use it and has a couple cookie recipes, as well as 16 discs that you insert into it to get 16 different shaped cookies.

Couple pics of the press and the discs

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
RULES CHANGE: REFER TO PERMALINK #37
****************************************************************************************************

LIST OF ITEMS:

Jonleehacker: 21 Domain Names Refer to Permalink #4

Fanocks2003: two tickets to a Christopher Howard event (NLP event/seminar) in Sydney, Australia in September 2009 Permalink #16

AroundTheWorld: small box of books, dog,raw wool( black), 4 jars of canned Flathead cherries, sheep, hand knitted dish rags. (you choose the colors. yellow. green. white. blue) Refer to Permalink #35

Rcardin: Amateur Video of Curt Cobain and Nirvana Playing Tree's on Deep Ellum in Dallas rerer to permalink #36

Sparlin: one unpopular magic trick. Refer to entire thread :)

Qwerety: Pampered Chef Cookie Press (New) Refer to permalink #41

RealOG:2 DVDs, 6 Back issues of Architectual Digest refer to permalink #44

Sparlin: North American Coins refer to permalink #47

Sparlin: New BICYCLE Playing Cards (Black Deck) refer to permalink #47

Kurtyordy: 10 strawberry plants. Refer to permalink #55.

Sparlin: Spinbank refer to permalink #63

Sparlin: Levitron OMEGA (New/Unwrapped in box) refer to permalink #63

Phgirl: 1 lb bag of La Colombe Coffee, 6 Philly Soft Pretzels, 4 oz bag of Japanese Green loose tea. Refer to permalink #70

^Eagle^: Inflatable Pumpkin with Pepsi Emblem. Inflatable Pepsi Bottle. Refer to Permalink #74

Anyone interested in trading or listing items, go for it. Just post your name, the item description and a pic (if you have one). You can offer anything legal (except for cash) in exchange for a listed item. Good Luck.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
ok I"ll play.

I have a copy, on DVD, of Curt Cobain and Nirvana Playing Tree's on Deep Ellum in Dallas that I would be willing to make a copy of Legally. This was made from a camcorder recording that night. Not the greatest in quality but if you grew up in the grunge stage this is the only copy available through anybody.

How's that for something that is not worth anything but might be worth a ton to a Nirvana fanatic?
Would you be willing to trade that for my cookie press?

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX

Wife would kill me if I brought home anything else for the kitchen. :cuss: Chances are I already have one in a cabinet just don't know it. Makes me wanna go look now.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Sparlin: North American Coins

1980 Susan B. Anthony Dollar, 2005 Canadian Quarter, 2000 Sacagawea Golden Dollar Coin, Mexican Centavo (Unable to varify authenticity of Mexican coin due to no date stamp, may be a replica, others are authentic)
Total of 4 coins.

Sparlin: One New Deck of BICYCLE Playing cards, Black Faced (both sides)and includes specialty cards. Good for poker or any card games.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I'll take that cookie press for 2 hand knitted dishcloths.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
ATW.. WHat kind of fiction/non fiction?

SOme titles?

ah, man.... I'll type it up when I get back home. ;)

(and can get my children to stand in front of the bookshelf and yell out titles to me! :smug2: )

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
ok I"ll play.

okay...

small box of books. Mix of fiction and non-fiction. (5 to 10 books, numerous lots available)

dog. Must live w/out other dogs. (sorry.... can't ship this one)

raw wool. black.

4 jars of canned Flathead cherries

sheep (ewes and rams available)

hand knitted dish rags. (you choose the colors. yellow. green. white. blue)

:coffee:

I have the following for trade:
DVD - Thank You for Smoking
DVD - Elf
6 back issues of Architectual Digest

I would be willing to trade for the cookie press (wifey would love), if rcardin wants anything of mine.

Wife would kill me if I brought home anything else for the kitchen. :cuss: Chances are I already have one in a cabinet just don't know it. Makes me wanna go look now.

I'll take that cookie press for 2 hand knitted dishcloths.

Qwerety wants the Cobain video from rcardin. Offers a cookie Press. Rcardin doesn’t want cookie press.

OG will trade for cookie press… 2 DVDs and 6 magazines

ATW wants cookie press. Offers 2 hand made mits. ATW also interested in 10 strawberry plants.

Qwerety… you cant get the dvd directly…so what would be your second choice of items… that you might switch for the DVD.

Let’s start figuring this out. Remember Fanocks has the 2 tickets up for grabs. Jonlee also has 21 domain names. You might pick up a few if he finds something worthwhile. Maybe the magazines, but I think we are going to have to expand the bid pool some.

It looks like Qwerety holds the high card right now. People are interested in his Cookie Press.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Hey guys, remember this is a GAME and its purpose is to teach you how to trade something you don't want for something you do. I appreciate those who have posted so far. I still think we need more items to make this work. Don't just think in terms of stuff that you have for yourself. For example, my son has out grown several of his toys / books so I may post some of the ones he didn't use much (in good condition). That's just an example. Remember, you can post something and reject offers if you don't see a counter item that you like. Who knows, you might be surprised at what players list here. Please consider listing some items so we can get this moving.

Thanks

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
I was going to wait to see what else would be posted up here to help in my decision. Didn't wanna rush into anything. Hope we get a couple more willing to do this.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
The other thing to remember is that you will need to "pass through" several items before you finally get what you want.

At times, you may accept something that YOU don't want (but you believe you could set up a trade with someone else that may want that item.)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ok, time for me to enter. I am offering 10 strawberry plants. I am redoing my garden, so these will be dug the day of shipping and shipped out with some material to keep the roots moist via shipment.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
RULES CHANGE: REFER TO PERMALINK #37
****************************************************************************************************

LIST OF ITEMS:

Jonleehacker: 21 Domain Names Refer to Permalink #4

Fanocks2003: two tickets to a Christopher Howard event (NLP event/seminar) in Sydney, Australia in September 2009 Permalink #16

AroundTheWorld: small box of books, dog,raw wool( black), 4 jars of canned Flathead cherries, sheep, hand knitted dish rags. (you choose the colors. yellow. green. white. blue) Refer to Permalink #35

Rcardin: Amateur Video of Curt Cobain and Nirvana Playing Tree's on Deep Ellum in Dallas rerer to permalink #36

Sparlin: one unpopular magic trick. Refer to entire thread :)

Qwerety: Pampered Chef Cookie Press (New) Refer to permalink #41

RealOG:2 DVDs, 6 Back issues of Architectual Digest refer to permalink #44

Sparlin: North American Coins refer to permalink #47

Sparlin: New BICYCLE Playing Cards (Black Deck) refer to permalink #47

Kurtyordy: 10 strawberry plants. Refer to permalink #55.

Sparlin: Spinbank refer to permalink #63

Sparlin: Levitron OMEGA (New/Unwrapped in box) refer to permalink #63

Phgirl: 1 lb bag of La Colombe Coffee, 6 Philly Soft Pretzels, 4 oz bag of Japanese Green loose tea. Refer to permalink #70

^Eagle^: Inflatable Pumpkin with Pepsi Emblem. Inflatable Pepsi Bottle. Refer to Permalink #74

Anyone interested in trading or listing items, go for it. Just post your name, the item description and a pic (if you have one). You can offer anything legal (except for cash) in exchange for a listed item. Good Luck.

Thanks for the new items.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Interested in the strawberry plants.. ;)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Interested in the strawberry plants.. ;)

hmm, would you be willing to cook the wool before you ship it, raw wool just does a number on my digestion system.

seriously, what is a flat head cherry? Sweet? Sour?

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
seriously, what is a flat head cherry? Sweet? Sour?

I little article about our cherries: Flathead Cherries and Northwest Montana Huckleberries

I've got a few jars left from last year's harvest. I don't honestly remember what kind I've got. Either sweet or Rainiers, but this year's harvest is just around the corner, so I could send you some fresh too - if you don't mind waiting a bit. (fresh, IMO, is better than canned.)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I little article about our cherries: Flathead Cherries and Northwest Montana Huckleberries

I've got a few jars left from last year's harvest. I don't honestly remember what kind I've got. Either sweet or Rainiers, but this year's harvest is just around the corner, so I could send you some fresh too - if you don't mind waiting a bit. (fresh, IMO, is better than canned.)

interesting. I would be interested in the fresh offer. Not sure how to value the plants, so as far as cherry to plant ratio, I will trust your judgment. I hear you are good people :)

Regarding the plants: they are of various ages, I can offer up to 30, just let me know how much you want. I will throw in a few extras in case of death, and will replace any if they die below the amount we agree to. I can ship out ASAP, just let me know.

We could be the first deal of the game, but the cherries will be eaten and not retraded.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.