The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The AI Entrepreneurship thread. Code AI? Interested in AI? Data Science? Machine Learning?

D

Deleted74925

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to share this with my client because I am doing a contract in data science marketing.

Market mixed modeling - that's jargon for media spend optimization for FB/IG/TV/Google search ads

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Don’t want to be a downer but there are a lot of people that work with AI and know it in and out, know what it can and can’t do and even they can’t create very profitable businesses.

That's the opportunity. Engineers aren't good business people by default.

For the layman, it's most likely a better idea to look for use cases and then seek those who have built tools that can do what you want to do. Entrepreneurs (unless they have the background to do so) don't need to be building the tools themselves; they need to lead the team that brings the tool to market. You think Elon Musk has mastered the mathematics behind computer vision? Absolutely not.

Entrepreneurs can lead a team of engineers to build the thing that they can't build themselves.

Also, I've spent the last few weeks reaching out to AI entrepreneurs and marketers and they're a LOT rarer than engineers working on AI. AI companies typically are staffed with dozens of engineers and many of them aren't profitable. Why? Because they don't have a profitable use case for it. But they have awesome technology! Lol

Also VCs are throwing piles of cash at companies with cool tech and a team of engineers, so money really isn't the barrier

Last edited:

Superbia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 15, 2018
Alabama
I would assume that learning Python would be the first step when it comes to AI entrepreneurship?

Superbia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 15, 2018
Alabama
Yes. Take a few of Andrew Ngs courses and then do kaggle competitions.
Seems like Andrew Ngs courses aren't for beginners. Kagggle though offers a class on Python. So i’ll look into it and probably a couple on Udemy.

Thanks for the Info.

Zealander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 20, 2020
European union

For the layman, it's most likely a better idea to look for use cases and then seek those who have built tools that can do what you want to do. Entrepreneurs (unless they have the background to do so) don't need to be building the tools themselves; they need to lead the team that brings the tool to market. You think Elon Musk has mastered the mathematics behind computer vision? Absolutely not.

Entrepreneurs can lead a team of engineers to build the thing that they can't build themselves.

Also, I've spent the last few weeks reaching out to AI entrepreneurs and marketers and they're a LOT rarer than engineers working on AI. AI companies typically are staffed with dozens of engineers and many of them aren't profitable. Why? Because they don't have a profitable use case for it. But they have awesome technology! Lol

Also VCs are throwing piles of cash at companies with cool tech and a team of engineers, so money really isn't the barrier
I agree with this point of view, but realistically probably best scenario if you are a business person is to partner with a talented engineer, do a brainstorming session with them and then try to build something for 6+ months and see if you can get some traction with users/investors. If not, then analyze where you did a mistake, rinse and repeat. I seriously doubt that you couldn't hit something that would be somewhat interesting to investors/people with a few tries.

And speaking about AI in general it is really a crazy amount of opportunity here since the field is evolving so fast, I myself have been working with natural language models and it is mind blowing how much they have improved in recent years. (See: Google Duplex). I saw there was a thread for 100 unsexy business ideas. Maybe we should start a thread with technological ideas, current technology businesses for inspiration?

D

Deleted74925

Exactly. Everyone on this forum who has a business is an expert in something. Take your niche whether it's dropshipping, selling online courses, teaching how to sell on
I agree with this point of view, but realistically probably best scenario if you are a business person is to partner with a talented engineer, do a brainstorming session with them and then try to build something for 6+ months and see if you can get some traction with users/investors. If not, then analyze where you did a mistake, rinse and repeat. I seriously doubt that you couldn't hit something that would be somewhat interesting to investors/people with a few tries.

And speaking about AI in general it is really a crazy amount of opportunity here since the field is evolving so fast, I myself have been working with natural language models and it is mind blowing how much they have improved in recent years. (See: Google Duplex). I saw there was a thread for 100 unsexy business ideas. Maybe we should start a thread with technological ideas, current technology businesses for inspiration?
Google duplex... is one of the cleanest applications of a conversational agent that is out there today. It combines chatbot logic with speech recognition.

NLP is fascinating to me. Are you working a 9-5 job that uses language models? Like MJ says in his books, having a job can be a gateway to a Fastlane. That's certainly true of my current job for learning about AI.

Alfie321

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2016
I'm personally learning tensorflow as their JS implementation seems promising for the professional publishing niche with open source pre trained models. I work for a company who specializes in providing great building experiences for professional publishers so I do see a lot of potential thanks to INSIDERS advantage, however I do agree that in its current state, people think of AI like monkeys seeing fire. Most go by what Elon Musk thinks it is, or what they read in a buzz article. Honestly I think AI is a big bubble. Nobody knows (or wants to admit) they are doing statistics at scale and it does not has to do with intelligence at all.

For example, I remember a clickbait article saying facebook shut down their chat AI because it was too dangerous as they were "communicating with sentences we couldn't understand" when in fact they shut it down because it was crappy.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada

Another crazy AI development on the horizon.

I've seen this published in a few places and feel like it's being significantly overhyped (like most of AI tbh). My take on this as someone with 12 years software engineering experience and someone who has worked on complex software projects (and also has a computer science degree and spent my final years/courses focusing on AI).

Writing code is not like natural language and while there have been significant advances in natural language processing, I don't see this translating into "anyone can develop custom software now with the help of AI" which I think is how people who don't understand software look at this type of announcements.

NLP has progressed (over many many years) as a function of processing power, algorithms and most importantly data. For the last part, there is a ton of say english language data from which an algorithm can extract patterns. I don't see the same data being available for anything but trivial software concerns, most of which are already heavily abstracted (like the print function).

The demo example they give "print hello world" being translated into "print("hello world")" to me doesn't really impress me as mentioned above this is already a very trivial and highly abstracted function. I realize it's just a demo but I feel like it's fundamentally different to translate natural language into abstracted methods than to solve actual non-trivial problems with code.

Here's a real example of something I was working on yesterday: "I want to be able to take data from an arbitrary system and have it be transformed to conform to another arbitrary data model which can be user configured" I don't see how AI solves this based on a string of text from me. GPT-3 is an NLP, computer code is not natural language.

I could see this changing developer productivity certainly (like more advanced code completion) but I just wanted to chime in as someone with a significant software background to say I don't see this translating into a significant advancement in how software is written. And I'm aware as someone who has spent over a decade developing expertise in software that I'm biased to not want to think AI will just do away with that and any layman will have instant access to development resources with the help of AI, but I really try to think about these things objectively and fundamentally I just don't see AI completing this unless there is a fundamental shift in AI (in particular general AI vs specific AI).

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
I'm personally learning tensorflow as their JS implementation seems promising for the professional publishing niche with open source pre trained models. I work for a company who specializes in providing great building experiences for professional publishers so I do see a lot of potential thanks to INSIDERS advantage, however I do agree that in its current state, people think of AI like monkeys seeing fire. Most go by what Elon Musk thinks it is, or what they read in a buzz article. Honestly I think AI is a big bubble. Nobody knows (or wants to admit) they are doing statistics at scale and it does not has to do with intelligence at all.

For example, I remember a clickbait article saying facebook shut down their chat AI because it was too dangerous as they were "communicating with sentences we couldn't understand" when in fact they shut it down because it was crappy.
Well said.

I previously worked for a large fortune 500 tech company who performed a number of AI focused acquisitions. Exactly as you said statistics at scale with pattern recognition. Still impressive and brings a number of advantages to solving problems but yea it was marketed as "completely revolutionary intelligence" and the marketing was pushed hard and at every opportunity, it's not surprising that people are caught up in the buzz.

Zealander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 20, 2020
European union
Exactly. Everyone on this forum who has a business is an expert in something. Take your niche whether it's dropshipping, selling online courses, teaching how to sell on

Google duplex... is one of the cleanest applications of a conversational agent that is out there today. It combines chatbot logic with speech recognition.

NLP is fascinating to me. Are you working a 9-5 job that uses language models? Like MJ says in his books, having a job can be a gateway to a Fastlane. That's certainly true of my current job for learning about AI.
I have some prior experience with NLP models, but for me it is just mainly general software engineering in my work. Yeah I agree, I think for everyone what is best to understand is that the best business is to leverage what you know. If you are an android dev then probably for you it is best to look into making an app. Web dev? Looking into making some web application in which you have domain knowledge, etc, etc. One thing that I wanted to stress is that I am amazed at how much money is floating around in tech right now, it seems that if you have a semi decent idea and execution, you can definitely get funding.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
the crazy thing I found on youtube

what all these channels have in common, the sound and the style.

these are easy to make videos, with google's audionet or something(Text to speech). the scenes are also available in movies so all he has to do is edit the video, use free google's text to speech(up to million words monthly), pirate movie and free sound on sound cloud.

I can't confirm is he running ads but I find this as an interesting concept. something big could be built like this.
like multiple music on Spotify(when you can release 10,000) with 100 different styles, somethings got to work.

this approach could also be used for top 10 videos for example.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

MexicanCreator48

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 14, 2022
Mexico
So are you pursuing AI? What's your story? What interests you about AI? Have any resources to share?
AI is certainly going to be the future in so many ways, for example most of the algorithms in the biggest companies (Amazon, Google, etc) are using this kind of technology to improve their businesses.

As for now, I'm doing courses about this kind of science because it is a valuable skill to have not only in the present but more so in the future. I plan to do an AI startup in a few years (I need some capital in order to do that), in the meantime, I'll research how startup companies are using AI to maximize results and how are AI startups contributing to improve our lives.

Which AI startups do you think will become popular by the next decade?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
the crazy thing I found on youtube

what all these channels have in common, the sound and the style.

these are easy to make videos, with google's audionet or something(Text to speech). the scenes are also available in movies so all he has to do is edit the video, use free google's text to speech(up to million words monthly), pirate movie and free sound on sound cloud.

I can't confirm is he running ads but I find this as an interesting concept. something big could be built like this.
like multiple music on Spotify(when you can release 10,000) with 100 different styles, somethings got to work.

this approach could also be used for top 10 videos for example.

Awful videos though, pretty sure a lot will have copyright strikes, thus taking away all ad revenue either by demonetisation or giving the revenue to the rightful copyright owner.

Manfern

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 7, 2013
Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Another crazy AI development on the horizon.
Not sure it's the best use of those type of tech,
it's like translating words into formulas, seem pointless.

What the real problems that can be sovled with AI, deep learning etc?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Not sure it's the best use of those type of tech,
it's like translating words into formulas, seem pointless.

What the real problems that can be sovled with AI, deep learning etc?

If I'm understanding it right, it is far from pointless. Rather than use computer language, you can just tell it directly what you want to do, and then it translates that into code.

So for instance when designing a game, you could just say "create standard character. Create stats. Height, strength..." and so on.

That would be amazing! Then the only thing stopping you programming, is your own imagination.

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
If this thing comes live soon it will help a lot, I am currently learning to code, this could replace this need and allow me to focus on so many other things.

Ricardo Scotta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Feb 15, 2022
Porto Alegre
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are likely going to be the biggest boons of the 21st century.

Possibly one of the biggest technological boon the world has ever seen.

The Entrepreneurship opportunities are going to be endless.

I wanted to make a space for those pursuing AI or interested in AI to share resources and any type of AI related

So are you pursuing AI? What's your story? What interests you about AI? Have any resources to share?

Or feel free to just talk about anything AI or ML related.

@ZF Lee , @Strategery , @David Moyses

Feel free to tag anyone who you know that's involved in Data Science, Machine Learning or AI

So what interests you about the world of AI?
I'm a data scientist. And I think this area is fantastic. Lots of opportunities and lots of study, for sure.
I have experience with Business Intelligence and I did a Data Science Academy certification. I have read many books on the subject, but I felt the need to get a degree in Statistics. I started the course in 2020 and will complete it in 2024. In addition to the course, I am buying several books on statistics.
I hope to use this learning to solve business problems, mine or other people's.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Jarvis Jasper (man I hate that new name) is rolling out Jasper Art for AI-generated images. There's currently a waitlist:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Jarvis Jasper (man I hate that new name) is rolling out Jasper Art for AI-generated images. There's currently a waitlist:

I am starting to have respect for the marketing team at jasper, they are marketing readily available models and marketing it as something original.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I am starting to have respect for the marketing team at jasper, they are marketing readily available models and marketing it as something original.

The way they package their services makes all the difference. It's way more user-friendly than using GPT-3 and DALL-E yourself. But in the end, that's just excellent sales skills on their part.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are likely going to be the biggest boons of the 21st century.

Possibly one of the biggest technological boon the world has ever seen.

The Entrepreneurship opportunities are going to be endless.

I wanted to make a space for those pursuing AI or interested in AI to share resources and any type of AI related

Or feel free to just talk about anything AI or ML related.

@ZF Lee , @Strategery , @David Moyses

Feel free to tag anyone who you know that's involved in Data Science, Machine Learning or AI

So what interests you about the world of AI?
I am software developer , but decided not to invest in learning AI , simply because the big players like Microsoft and AWS already working to provide AI capabilities to anyone need it , instead look for a real life need of AI and dont waste time learning how create algorithms and train data.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

F*cking hell. Talk about having a Fastlane business. They launched in January 2021.
As you know, I have an annual subscription and use it daily.

Turns out, it’s helping me write most of my emails (important ones, only!). I take text that I write, copy/paste into Jasper and then click “re-phrase”. Boom … new ways of saying the same but better. Way better.

I can’t believe that’s how I ended up using it and even recently renewed the subscription for another year. It is expensive! And worth it for me. Love it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
There's a new AI tool being talked about online that can write complete blog posts after providing a long tail keyword alone (no other prompt needed). It's called Content at Scale.

I researched a little about it, read some (raving) reviews and even considered testing it. But then I saw one video about it where the guy is editing a finished article and he's basically choosing subsections of an article already ranking in Google, clicking on it, and the software is writing its own version of that subsection.

Yes, maybe it passes plagiarism checkers but it's still plagiarism. You're rehashing other articles simply using different words.

I find it strange that people feel good with this and consider it an incredible tool. What you're getting with these tools is an unoriginal article that's just a plagiarized version rehash of the top 10 articles.

Can it rank well in Google short-term? Perhaps it can. But in the long term I really doubt it'll work, plus it's just a shitty way to do business by stealing from your competitors.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
I find it strange that people feel good with this and consider it an incredible tool. What you're getting with these tools is an unoriginal article that's just a plagiarized version rehash of the top 10 articles.
Isn't that what most copy writers do when they write in subjects out of their specialization, most if not all copy writers I hire I am almost sure do the same thing. And don't tell me to hire copy writers in your specialty, there are few if them if any.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.