The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Adventure of Writing my First Novel & Short Stories Progress Trhead.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJZ_mglZSI

Pricing isn't so bad on MakeWebVideo.
I did make one with the Fastlane books just for fun. It looks kind of cool With the Light Trails Logo Sting Template. (F.Y.I. M.J. Demarco) if you want to play around with book trailers.

I kind of like this idea since i love the cinema effect. I've been watching the short films already using screen writing and short stories.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0JmUTYGjg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbmmc9oP9sY

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJZ_mglZSI

Pricing isn't so bad on MakeWebVideo.
I did make one with the Fastlane books just for fun. It looks kind of cool With the Light Trails Logo Sting Template. (F.Y.I. M.J. Demarco) if you want to play around with book trailers.

I kind of like this idea since i love the cinema effect. I've been watching the short films already using screen writing and short stories.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0JmUTYGjg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbmmc9oP9sY
There is book trailer's and there are poetry video's that are about minute or so like this one.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pvKyKPxA4

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I did make a few video's today on Canva. Then decided instead of just the book trailer, to make a few video's out of each book, and then the books can be linked to the video's on different video sites. Then I will see when I have more time to do some cinematic ones with short-stories.

I need to get those new books read, and get some more books done.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Happy New Year 2022! Hope everyone had a nice evening.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Happy New Year 2022! Hope everyone had a nice evening.
I have been messing around with Canva and making video's with poetry.

I did see they have a Instagram story for the phones.

I'm not in the U.S., but I believe Amazon just came out with App for interacting with others with story telling on phones. This is probably good for short-stories, and poetry, using these tools.

I'm not so sure short story is out, simply because short-reads are a shorter attention span. Even shorter when your using these new ways of sharing story that might be more of a sample of your writing to sell books. A possibility to engage with customers.

Most likely if you like a few snippets here and there, you might actually by the book because you want more of the authors work.

This maybe coming up with a healthy strategy of what is too much content free and getting them to actually by the product.

Not to mention with poetry you can actually create a clothing line, comforters, wall art, rugs, mugs, and wide variety of items. Although, this is getting into drop shipping and knowing how all this works. Something I've been pondering for a month is learning this as well.

This is where Graphic Arts & Writing kind of go hand in hand. As it's just upgrading my skills since I haven't done it for a while.

Reminds my of back in the day, I was in my Graphics Art course and few individuals stole my silk screen and made shirts off of it. The talent's always been there, but I have not used it. Along with photography and cinema.

This was hand drawn art, and you put U2 on it, and of course, it was a best seller without getting pad for it.

Nice to know in 2022, I don't have to clean out the printing press, the ink, and that was always fun.

Brings back memories of photography and the graphic arts. I was on year book staff. A great photographer. It just wasn't a "Real" job back in 1989. I do chuckle at this in 2022.

For myself, it is putting all these talents together and perhaps letting go of other stuff I was focused on in the past, but just using it differently with cinema, story telling, characters, and moving into the fictional world instead of the non-fiction.

Story-telling is not something that has ever gone out of style in history. It just may be adapting and being as original as possible.

I did find this site today that seems valuable to share with others.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Th Song-Writers Idea Book

Page 34 says to listen to Baroque Music for Concentration & Relaxation. Become Centered.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSoNBu2wt8
'

This book does talk about the Meyer's Brigg's personality types and how as writers we may write quite differently.

As INFJ I'm the natural poet as the book points out. It's just a natural process out of the subconscious mind and not something I think about while I write. I just allow it to come out, and then go back over it.

It kind of reminds me of Ruth Stone the poet. I remember watching this back in 2009 when I started writing poetry a lot. It's very true. If you don't grab the poem it will blow away in the wind to the next poet. It sounds kind of funny, but you have to catch the poet when it comes, or it is gone before you know it. I just write it all down.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA

I am right brain dominate Intuitive and Feeling. If M.J. is INTJ then he would be cerebral Dominate. I was kind of laughing reading this chapter in the book because he made the comment about the "Eyes" in novels. It talks about how different personality types who are writers will use different words and phrases and focus on certain things when they write a song in this case.

Then I was thinking about the "Eyes", and it's simply the "Visual" and in some poems I do focus on the eyes. It is more about capturing the vision. For example: If you look at the Sci-fi or the Images that have to do with A.I. , space, and technology it is how you use those eyes to focus.

Since the Eye is like a Camera lens. When you look through a camera and focus on a person, place, or thing, what is it that you see in front you? Then what does the eye look like, the pupil, the eyelashes, the color, the action of the eye lids, eye lashes, and as a writer, then your taking this and creating word art.

This is different then what he's talking about in a novel. She gazed in his amber eyes. Dreamy, spaced out, and wasting time thinking of what will happen in the future with this guy.

Then as a Visual women writer, when you look at the Covers of Novel's there is this guy that hangs out at the Gym all the time and the Millionaire with a suit.

As INFJ it's more about we get to the truth. The guy in the suit, really doesn't want appear as a business man, but perhaps the hidden race car driver, the motorcycle speedster, the guy that loves jumping out planes and skydiving, the guy that climbs the cliffs of mountains. There's some type of high risk activity, or danger zone, hidden behind the suit.

It's a nice suit and all, but who is the guy behind the suit?

I've gotten into trouble all my life by Extroverts, because I'm doodling, drawing art on the side of the page. "You're wasting time."
Then you read this on Page 22 of the Song Writers Lyric Book, Sheila Davis
Learn to Associate, Incubate, Separate, and Discriminate.

To Activate the Right Mode Way
To Access The Right Mode
Be physically active.
Noodle at an instrument.
Doodle on a pad.
To Associate
Be spontaneous.
let your music flow freely
resist closure.

Page 25 talks about the work habits of each personality type.
Page 29 talks about the personality type and how shapes the lyrics.

Examples of Sensing personality types:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzTgUc5ycc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJca07HLqw0

It Was A Very Good Year (2008 Remastered)

Examples of Intuitive Styles

These were examples in the book not mine. lol
A fascinating book so far how without realizing it our personality may influence the types of literature we write.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Th Song-Writers Idea Book

Page 34 says to listen to Baroque Music for Concentration & Relaxation. Become Centered.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSoNBu2wt8
'

This book does talk about the Meyer's Brigg's personality types and how as writers we may write quite differently.

As INFJ I'm the natural poet as the book points out. It's just a natural process out of the subconscious mind and not something I think about while I write. I just allow it to come out, and then go back over it.

It kind of reminds me of Ruth Stone the poet. I remember watching this back in 2009 when I started writing poetry a lot. It's very true. If you don't grab the poem it will blow away in the wind to the next poet. It sounds kind of funny, but you have to catch the poet when it comes, or it is gone before you know it. I just write it all down.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA

I am right brain dominate Intuitive and Feeling. If M.J. is INTJ then he would be cerebral Dominate. I was kind of laughing reading this chapter in the book because he made the comment about the "Eyes" in novels. It talks about how different personality types who are writers will use different words and phrases and focus on certain things when they write a song in this case.

Then I was thinking about the "Eyes", and it's simply the "Visual" and in some poems I do focus on the eyes. It is more about capturing the vision. For example: If you look at the Sci-fi or the Images that have to do with A.I. , space, and technology it is how you use those eyes to focus.

Since the Eye is like a Camera lens. When you look through a camera and focus on a person, place, or thing, what is it that you see in front you? Then what does the eye look like, the pupil, the eyelashes, the color, the action of the eye lids, eye lashes, and as a writer, then your taking this and creating word art.

This is different then what he's talking about in a novel. She gazed in his amber eyes. Dreamy, spaced out, and wasting time thinking of what will happen in the future with this guy.

Then as a Visual women writer, when you look at the Covers of Novel's there is this guy that hangs out at the Gym all the time and the Millionaire with a suit.

As INFJ it's more about we get to the truth. The guy in the suit, really doesn't want appear as a business man, but perhaps the hidden race car driver, the motorcycle speedster, the guy that loves jumping out planes and skydiving, the guy that climbs the cliffs of mountains. There's some type of high risk activity, or danger zone, hidden behind the suit.

It's a nice suit and all, but who is the guy behind the suit?

I've gotten into trouble all my life by Extroverts, because I'm doodling, drawing art on the side of the page. "You're wasting time."
Then you read this on Page 22 of the Song Writers Lyric Book, Sheila Davis
Learn to Associate, Incubate, Separate, and Discriminate.

To Activate the Right Mode Way
To Access The Right Mode
Be physically active.
Noodle at an instrument.
Doodle on a pad.
To Associate
Be spontaneous.
let your music flow freely
resist closure.

Page 25 talks about the work habits of each personality type.
Page 29 talks about the personality type and how shapes the lyrics.

Examples of Sensing personality types:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzTgUc5ycc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJca07HLqw0

It Was A Very Good Year (2008 Remastered)

Examples of Intuitive Styles

These were examples in the book not mine. lol
A fascinating book so far how without realizing it our personality may influence the types of literature we write.
This is more one's I would pick myself for the INFJ Lyrics.
View: https://youtu.be/psuRGfAaju4

This is probably the one song all my life that I really was impactful in my life. When I listen to music, I always pay attention to the lyrics. There's not many songs that really stick to me like glue. This one did.
I notice other people do not pay attention to the lyrics all the time.

Savage Garden - To The Moon & Back (Extended Version)

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This is more one's I would pick myself for the INFJ Lyrics.
View: https://youtu.be/psuRGfAaju4

This is probably the one song all my life that I really was impactful in my life. When I listen to music, I always pay attention to the lyrics. There's not many songs that really stick to me like glue. This one did.
I notice other people do not pay attention to the lyrics all the time.

Savage Garden - To The Moon & Back (Extended Version)
This seems it might be useful for illustrations in books for short stories.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjHxTAhAU5Q

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I did figure out how to create KDP Books on Canva.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I was contemplating since I am a prolific writer in general it would be easy to start a fiction magazine every month. I could then mix short stories and poetry together. It gives some visuals as well. Although, upgrading my Graphic Arts skills since the last time I got sucked into it was back in 1988-1989.

I believe at this age, I didn't really know where to go to pursue it after graduation from a trade skill. Which now it's not so messy. Although, it's something I did enjoy back in the day.

I am learning about layout now, because it has to do with website, covers, ads etc.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EwpSq5lYl0

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014