The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Adventure of Writing my First Novel & Short Stories Progress Trhead.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Cover ideas you can find from Year book Layouts & Designs as well for ideas for different types of books.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO_W0dEteFI

View: https://youtu.be/eFaeCQsxrPA

I'm pointing this out even thought it's year book, because basically in different types of books your still laying out photographs, articles, or whatever information your expressing. As someone else here was having issues with a cover. And then theme is kind of important part of any book.
So how i got here, is I used to be in Graphic Arts, Photography, and Year book. And it's kind of reminder of how creative you can be with books in general and you don't have to be stuck with the main stream ideas, but expand your perception of how you can stand out from the rest of the informational products and still have your own unique stamp of creativity.
View: https://youtu.be/AzN6YR5SAeM

View: https://youtu.be/X1FXYdrwyvE

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This book kind of might be interesting to read at this time in 2022 just for fun. Simple reason being, we've trying to erase history, the informational products are constantly changing. Quality books are few and far between, and there's a lot of junk out there. Then it's censorship and erasing people in society. Kind of goes with that sense of direction when the author was writing this book back in 1953.

View: https://youtu.be/vRlvgeJ1MFs

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The New Beginning in 2021. I kind of took the same path as M.J. and started taking notes back in 2011 and have 150,000 words I finished in 2014. I found M.J.'s book and put it aside because I needed to go the rest of the way of going through a lot of different elements of the process to finish this book from a women's perspective of a writer. I remember when I started the forum M.J. kind of challenged me since he knew I needed to learn a lot more then what my "Ego" claimed to know at the time in thinking I could just be the "Babe Ruth" and not go through the process. He's a smart guy!

I do have to kind of chuckle because if M.J. didn't challenge me in 2014 to go through the process, I probably would have not wrote this novel the way it was intended to be written in 2021. Some people believe you just write a book. And some people do just write a book. I just feel now, I was meant to go through the process first to write a better quality book. I am a prolific writer and could write all day long, but I've learned you can just write all you want, but it has to have some value, quality, substance, structure, form, organization, and improvement every year.

I bought some books I've been reading. Right now I'm on page 274 Revising Your Novel, by Janice Hardy. There's three books in one. Amazingly there's a lot of stuff to remember and I didn't know. Ah, but the process I went through is in there as well.

I do love the book Collaborative Worldbuilding for Writers And Gamers. Absolutely love how it talks in depth about building your society, culture, economics, races, and gets into detail the full dynamics of creating just about everything we do in our own world, but transforming it into fiction or fantasy. I'm on page 82, and is written by Trent Hergenrader. It's very technical though so not like your average writers book.

I also have three books, Creative Writing Student's Handbook by Catherine Hartigan Margaret James
The Short Story Writers Workbook.
The Novelists Workbook
These are all from the U.K.
I have read them, and found them to be quite useful and informative. They even give some references and resources to sell your writing.

Creating Short-Fiction ~ Damon Knight. I would recommend this one as well. Quite detailed.

How to Write Dialogue That Sparkles ~ Jim Driver. Something to be worked on is dialogue, since it is important to make the voice stand out for characters. Although Screen Writing and Scripts gives you a lot of detail with dialogue. I know to read these already.

Mastering Suspense, Structure, & Plot. ~ J.K. Cleland. I really love this one as well, it is very detailed.

The not read yet list pile sitting next to me.

Stephen King On Writing.
Save the Cat Writes a Novel, Jessica Brody
Writing a Killer Thriller, Jodie Renner
Understanding Conflict, Janice Hardy
The RPG Character Backstory Guide
Plotting Your Novel Workbook, Janice Hardy.

I read fast, but I know to slow down, because there's so much information there. Obviously, I need to apply it, practice it, and hone the skills. Which probably will be quite transforming getting into a different niche, writing style, and applying the Psychology skills I already have.

A new process for 2021. I'm sure there will be some growth. I'm sure I need to learn copy writing as well as M.J. says.

Challenges may be switching from non-fiction psychology writing into show and not tell. I'm very descriptive, visual, colorful, and may want to describe too much.

I do need to sharpen up on my grammar and editing. I do have enough to read here first.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkV6m4fosw

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.