The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Active Forex Traders Discussion

Anything related to investing, including crypto

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Anybody going long on GBP/USD potential pullback on the 4 hr chart? Would love some insight. Thanks in advance.

trade.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I think it's going to go up for a little bit more before it keeps its decline going. I would not trade against the downtrend just yet. Imo it's retracing only

DiemTrader

NO LIMIT
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Sep 12, 2011
Anybody going long on GBP/USD potential pullback on the 4 hr chart? Would love some insight. Thanks in advance.

trade.png

If this support level holds. I would be looking for a confirmation to go long as we are in a long term downtrend (short) on both the weekly and daily. In my strategy I would be looking to go short on the pull back and go with the major trend direction (short).

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I scaled down to just the EUR/USD for the time being. It's soo hard not to just say screw it and pick up another pair like this GBP/USD :)

DiemTrader

NO LIMIT
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Sep 12, 2011
I scaled down to just the EUR/USD for the time being. It's soo hard not to just say screw it and pick up another pair like this GBP/USD :)
Agreed Carrie, I focus on the GBP/JPY :)
But there are a lot of cyclic opportunities coming up on all the major pairs right now.
But stick to the trading plan and what we know :)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I have managed to get almost everything uploaded into myfxbook.

I was able to get from oct 3 2011 til the day they transferred my acct to fxcm. they purged the data out of mt4 from my open date 11/11/2009 to 10/03/2011. I have no idea if the pip data is right, I know the deposits are not. it is missing my first $250 for sure so I assume the pip count is not right either...

I have the raw data and so far I have asked several people who have either trading or accounting experience to help me with excel but they haven't been able to tell me what I need and Google searches have been useless. (I have spent many an hour looking) I have figured ou a great deal but am stuck trying to create the right if statements... If anyone can help me come up with the proper if scenarios for excel so I can calculate the pips for myself I would be forever grateful!

does anyone else here have myfxbook? I have no idea how to share my link :) I think you need to be a member to see it. I have no clue.

DiemTrader

NO LIMIT
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Sep 12, 2011
I have managed to get almost everything uploaded into myfxbook.

I was able to get from oct 3 2011 til the day they transferred my acct to fxcm. they purged the data out of mt4 from my open date 11/11/2009 to 10/03/2011. I have no idea if the pip data is right, I know the deposits are not. it is missing my first $250 for sure so I assume the pip count is not right either...

I have the raw data and so far I have asked several people who have either trading or accounting experience to help me with excel but they haven't been able to tell me what I need and Google searches have been useless. (I have spent many an hour looking) I have figured ou a great deal but am stuck trying to create the right if statements... If anyone can help me come up with the proper if scenarios for excel so I can calculate the pips for myself I would be forever grateful!

does anyone else here have myfxbook? I have no idea how to share my link :) I think you need to be a member to see it. I have no clue.

Carrie, see if any of these look good:
https://www.google.com/search?q=csv+file+report+generator+freeware&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I have the raw data file in csv. I need help manipulating it inside excel. I will look more into that search to see if there's excel info there too

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I have everything set up. I have made a new spreadsheet with just the columns I needed. I can do simple functions now I need to add in the if Its a buy or sell add or subtract b from c or c from b I just keep getting errors :(

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Today is a good day to buy the EUR/RUB. Oil dropping in value, causing the RUB to decline further!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Can't trade the rub on my platform. Maybe futures but Idk any forex broker in the US that can trade that. No pesos no yuan no rubles... I am certain there are many more we can't trade here. I can't trade gold or oil either...

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Umm that sucks. I use Meta Trader 4? I never used to think I could trade these but they were just hidden. Euro is looking to push further down today though against USD.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Are you in the USA? I know people in Europe can do oil gold silver n whatnot Idk if they have more currencies available or not. I am still shorting the euro. It retraced a little last night but it's continuing its downtrend now

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
This weekly chart shows the last time it dropped, back in Aug 2011. Then it settled in a trading range from Sep 2011 to yesterday. It was in a trading range for 3 years, and then broke out. This is the classic gamble of whether people think it will "keep doing what it has been doing", or "do something new". This probably cleared out all the range traders.

Attachments

• eurchfw3.png
    eurchfw3.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 10

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Alapari UK went insolvent last night over this franc business... Crazy shit

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Omg fxcm is in breech of capital req also. This is not making me happy... That's my broker. Wth people get it together... This screwed up a lot of people n brokers...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Yea wow is an understatement lol. I used to trade the chf. Glad I scaled back ;) that's insane. I am Gonna be upset if fxcm goes under because of this... I just got switched to it. Anyone here trading it?

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Yea wow is an understatement lol. I used to trade the chf. Glad I scaled back ;) that's insane. I am Gonna be upset if fxcm goes under because of this... I just got switched to it. Anyone here trading it?

I am. I just started a live account with FXCM a month ago. I have never seen anything like this. Good thing I wasn't in on any trades at the time.

I am afraid that FXCM will shutdown. Should I pull out all of my funds?

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
I am. I just started a live account with FXCM a month ago. I have never seen anything like this. Good thing I wasn't in on any trades at the time.

I am afraid that FXCM will shutdown. Should I pull out all of my funds?
I would just incase. They owe something huge like $120 million and it maybe easier to fold. It is crazy and the SNB should be looked into. 1800 pips in 6 mins is stupid. Unlucky for me was on the wrong side, but least it was only on my demo account.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Idk but I really may cry... I am leaving my acct as is in tact. Hoping n praying for them to stay open. This could be the end of retail forex. I am in pre mourning. Idk what I'll do if fxcm closes. I don't know who is untouched by this :(

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, what a roller coaster. Glad it survived.

I hope they don't increase the spreads/commissions after all of this lol..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.