The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 5'oclock Shitshow. Or 11'oclock if you prefer

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I'm 20 and I haven't watched TV in about a year now. It was a big waste of time for me...

Keep it up @MoneyDoc, I stopped watching at a pretty similar age and I'm now old enough to be your mom...I only watch the odd movie or maybe a documentary that's been recommended by someone. Personally I've never owned my own TV or paid for cable. TV is just an energy-sucker. I was astounded when I went on vacation with my other half's family and I got to watch ads again, I was reminded how brainwashed "everyone" is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Title may be offensive but I'm offended myself.

How can anyone watch the news?

This guy died, there was a fire over in that town, construction fell apart, shooting on the other side of the state with 2 dead, major storms taking over parts of the country, the moon had an earthquake, the Bundestag in Germany fell over, kangaroos forgot how to hop...

If these people aren't fear mongering the general population, they are wasting their time with meaningless stories.

If people haven't been brainwashed for decades, this business model wouldn't even be existent. I have a weather app on my desktop and phone and that's all I need.

Sure, a lot of unfortunate stuff happens and it may even hit close to home. But at what point does it really matter? If there was a fire 3 towns away on a street you've never visited, how is that different than a fire 1200 miles away? At the core, its not.

Focus. That's what the sidewalkers lack.

People tend to think they are individual entities but its better to think of yourself as a sponge. You absorb everything and become what you absorb.

the MIND CONTROL PROGRAM has never been stronger. From people getting all up in a tizzy over a small upgrade on a iPhone or people lining up for Chick Filet opening for hours...how can ANYONE call this Progress?

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
years ago a local TV station devoted one of the half hour news programs for a "Good News" program. It was canned for lack of viewership. :)

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
Well I didnt read this post until todat at 11 AM, but the magic was at 8 AM in the morning, I wen to bed yesterday at 3 AM listening and reading again TMF , and today I wake up and said... "hell no, I wouldnt spend any more time listening, viewing or reading news" I am happy to see that I am no the only one who did this, Iam not a kind of person that consumes TV or even radio, In deed I dont watch so much TV despite I have free cable and free internet, I prefer to read news, but from today I will stop to consume news, I thought "Rich people always stay tunned of what happen in the world from the news" what a Sidewalker I was and the worst of all that I thought I left the sidewalk a few months ago... Thank you MJ for this wonderfull forum, and thanks to everyone for share their experience with the news "theme"

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Haven't watched TV in over a year now! I quit when I was 19... 20 now. I'm being 100% serious... I told myself, besides all the advertisements what do I gain watching TV? Does it bring me income?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I stopped reading the newspapers since finding the forum. The newspapers are freaking full of Sidewalk and Slowlane crap!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.