The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 1st Fastlane Poker "home game" Is In The Books!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Planning to be on the other side of the spreadsheet? Park City is catching up to Tahoe and Incline Village on the pricing side. Stuff out here is still going fast, but it doesn't seem as intense.
I assume you are over by Kamas or Heber. The new construction over there looks very affordable and pretty with lake views. I'm trying to replicate my Sedona returns using the same PM. They are guiding me a little bit on what they think will rent well.

I'm looking around Snyderville. I want to be close to the lifts and downtown. Some of the rental rates are insane. I won't be buying these, but a $2.5m condo renting for $2500 a night during Xmas and $1500/night during Sundance. I don't know enough about the area yet, it is huge compared to Crested Butte. There are so many different resorts and alot of condotels. I don't know if it makes sense yet, but I wouldn't mind spending next summer there to figure it out.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Curious why you and MJ are moving out of AZ.
Has it worsened over the last 10 years?
Or just wanting something different?
The passing of Prop 208 back in November has many making over $250,000/year looking to relocate.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Curious why you and MJ are moving out of AZ.
Has it worsened over the last 10 years?
Or just wanting something different?

Combination of things...

ONE...

The traffic has gotten insane from the influx of people coming from everywhere.

I'm in Queen Creek which should be mostly farm land and agriculture. But every farm and barren plot of land is being sold off to developers who are building crammed packed infill housing and apartments. It is like this in every suburb, sans Fountain Hills where I used to live. I don't think it is sustainable long-term and I think water will become a problem in a few years, after all, AZ is a desert.

That said, Utah is also growing like a weed so I don't expect traffic to be any better, however, I don't think sustainability will be a problem in 5 or 10 years.

TWO...

After 25 years here, I've gotten a bit tired of the insane heat (about 3-4 months a year) and welcome experiencing a change of seasons. I never thought I would welcome rain or snow, but as a person, I've changed a lot and don't do a lot of traveling. For me, my home is my resort, my vacation, and my palace-- so I don't need to "escape".

I'm actually looking forward to seeing some rain and snow and on the plus side, Utah is almost as sunny as Arizona. That said, Arizona has a special place in my heart and I still hope to build a timber home in Sedona (which is not any better on traffic and sprawl) so I realize that there is no solution there. However my Sedona property is 20 minutes from any civilization and touristy stuff. My new home in Utah is also in a small town void of any corporatized development, almost like going back 50 years in time.

THREE...

The political dynamics have changed with the Arizona population after the 2020 Election with the passing of the "eat the rich" tax plan known as Prop 208. While the state legislature looks to have nullified the law or weakened it, the writing is on the wall. Arizona has changed and as able-bodied producer who refuses to be a source of someone else's legalized theft, I decided to move. Utah seems to be more politically durable and business friendly, although it does have an income tax that was on par with Arizona (pre-Prop 208).

If I am wrong or don't like it here, then I move again.

That's the beauty of owning a business with Fastlane, CENTS dynamics... you can vote with your feet. Arizona loses 2 employees and 5-figures in taxes due to these stupid state ballot initiatives that they easily allow to appear in elections -- they essentially create an environment with fiat "mob rule" laws based on who has the most money to push their agenda to the unwashed masses. Of course, all dressed up in code, "it's for the children". The shtick is tiresome.

I assume you are over by Kamas or Heber.

No, I'm actually not E of Wasatch mountains, I'm in Alpine which is a SE suburb of SLC, about 1 hr 20m to Park City.

The initial focus of my search was Park City, Heber, Kamas, and Rideout ... but a lot of those nice offerings are in private communities with huge membership fees. I don't golf of ski, so I'd be paying for nothing.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Combination of things...

ONE...

I'm in Queen Creek which should be mostly farm land and agriculture. But every farm and barren plot of land is being sold off to developers who are building crammed packed infill housing and apartments. It is like this in every suburb, sans Fountain Hills where I used to live. I don't think it is sustainable long-term and I think water will become a problem in a few years, after all, AZ is a desert.

That said, Utah is also growing like a weed so I don't expect traffic to be any better, however, I don't think sustainability will be a problem in 5 or 10 years.

TWO...

After 25 years here, I've gotten a bit tired of the insane heat (about 3-4 months a year) and welcome experiencing a change of seasons. I never thought I would welcome rain or snow, but as a person, I've changed a lot and don't do a lot of traveling. For me, my home is my resort, my vacation, and my palace-- so I don't need to "escape".

I'm actually looking forward to seeing some rain and snow and on the plus side, Utah is almost as sunny as Arizona. That said, Arizona has a special place in my heart and I still hope to build a timber home in Sedona (which is not any better on traffic and sprawl) so I realize that there is no solution there. However my Sedona property is 20 minutes from any civilization and touristy stuff. My new home in Utah is also in a small town void of any corporatized development, almost like going back 50 years in time.

THREE...

The political dynamics have changed with the Arizona population after the 2020 Election with the passing of the "eat the rich" tax plan known as Prop 208. While the state legislature looks to have nullified the law or weakened it, the writing is on the wall. Arizona has changed and as able-bodied producer who refuses to be a source of someone else's legalized theft, I decided to move. Utah seems to be more politically durable and business friendly, although it does have an income tax that was on par with Arizona (pre-Prop 208).

That's the beauty of owning a business with Fastlane, CENTS dynamics... you can vote with your feet. Arizona loses 2 employees and 5-figures in taxes due to these stupid state ballot initiatives that they easily allow to appear in elections -- they essentially create an environment with fiat "mob rule" laws based on who has the most money to push their agenda to the unwashed masses. Of course, all dressed up in code, "it's for the children". The shtick is tiresome.

No, I'm actually not E of Wasatch mountains, I'm in Alpine which is a SE suburb of SLC, about 1 hr 20m to Park City.

The initial focus of my search was Park City, Heber, Kamas, and Rideout ... but a lot of those nice offerings are in private communities with huge membership fees. I don't golf of ski, so I'd be paying for nothing.
Just looked up Alpine. Not familiar with it but saw that it’s close to Riverton where I have a townhome still. I’ll probably be selling that one to get the one in Park City.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Count me in for poker as well if you guys have an open seat - would be great to catch up, I know it's been a while

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Combination of things...

ONE...

TWO...

THREE...

I have heard that Salt Lake City has some pretty intense drinking laws. For example, you can't order a drink without ordering food. I don't have any facts to support this, it's just what I have heard. Is this something you can confirm?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I used to live near Twin Falls. That whole section of country is tremendously beautiful.
I may be looking for new digs out that way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.