I ain't going to waste anyone's time here by writing a novel that nobody will read anyway.
Sir, it's the 6th of September. If you are absolutely committed to finding your own happiness and a more positive environment to thrive in, there is no reason at all for you to not have a new place lined up for October 1st.
You can start off with just a room in a decent area. Build from there. If moving your stuff is a hassle, sell it all and rent furnished, or even just leave it behind as it is part of your old life.
Your situation is the most important thing to you. You do have that housing issue now (which is significant), but it's a quick and easy fix. Where and how you live really is a big deal. Your life can change drastically when you a hold a key to your own place.
I come across as an a**hole a lot, but that's because I put myself first. My happiness is more important than what other people think of me.
I left on bad terms. I decided I'd had enough, and 4 hours later I was gone. For about 2 weeks I was 'homeless' while I searched for my own place. Lived in hotels for a while, and when that got to be too expensive I put two office chairs together and slept on those in my office.
Put happiness first. Life is way too short to be in a bad situation in life. Many things you can't control, but this you certainly can.
I thankfully do not have many possessions. Electric Piano, guitar, clothes and that's it. Ill let my mom keep the nice computer... i backup my business work on the cloud.
I'd totally help her move stuff when she inevitably has to find a new apartment as well, we have hundreds of books.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
