The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thanks MJDemarco & PatrickP from idea to prototype. Next Step....

Alex89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 30, 2012
I don't know if I am the only one but I get a 404 error from the links...

Could you please refresh them?

Sorry I just saw there is a second page :p

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Sorry for late reply! I have fixed the links.

We are still perfecting design. We are adding additional colors such as pink/black Red/Black and possibly "Army Camo" to have complete product selection:) We are also in talks with sally beauty:cool:

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
:perfect product through quality testing: Find design flaws
:profesional Product Photos
:Value proposition
:pricing(Thanks for the article on pricing patrickp great read)
:product Placment(We will target online resellers,distributors,chain retail stores along with small business's and the consumer)
:Customer Support:(We have a 800 # from a previous business which we will utilize along with setting up a website, and social fronts)

I will continue to update this thread:) Feedback welcomed!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alex89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 30, 2012
Hey great product! I was thinking recently that it would be great if there was such a utility at hairdressers! Awesome idea and implementation, keep us updated!

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Wow, that's really a neat concept! It also has a high-end feel about it, because it would make the salon seem like they're catering to their "busy clientele."

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Hey, one quick thought... When you take your next photos, here's a suggestion: Consider two different "action shot" variations. Maybe one with an attractive, hip woman in her twenties or so, someone who looks like they just popped into the mall to have their hair cut. And/or consider another version where you have an attractive "busy executive" type, probably in a suit, could be male or female. Have them looking at their phone with a pleasing expression on their face while a high-end stylist puts the finishing touches on their style.

Since this is a startup, recruit relatives to act as the models, especially if they're photogenic. You can always pay them a buck and make them sign a form if you're worried they might hit you up for more loot later.

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Thanks my friend. That is a very clever idea for us to utilize. We are perfecting the design as i feel something is missing but i think we'll let the end customer decide then we can work from feedback :) Website will be up soon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Brilliant!

I would dispense the cover on the see trough part. And around the neck I would keep the same design as the regular ones we find today!

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
My only thought is does hair get stuck in the seem when the flap is down? That is the only thing I could really see being an issue.

Hey just a thought, there may be a reason you created the product the way you did it but to address the issue above my not make it so the flap opens from the inside.. The product would then be seemless on the front catching no hair and the customer would easily be able to open it with his hands under the jacket.
Just a thought

Also, great work I think this is a winner

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Thanks for all the great input my friends. We are very much perfecting the design. It would be a problem getting the cover to open from inside as we would have no way to cover the fabric from the exterior. We are overall looking for a very high quality nylon to finish the design:) I will post pictures when these are completed.

Starting colors will be
.Army Camo
.Black
.Red/Black Trim
.Pink/Black Trim
.Grey/Black trim

Any recomendations?

Thanks my fellow fastlaners!

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
Thanks for all the great input my friends. We are very much perfecting the design. It would be a problem getting the cover to open from inside as we would have no way to cover the fabric from the exterior. We are overall looking for a very high quality nylon to finish the design:) I will post pictures when these are completed.

Starting colors will be
.Army Camo
.Black
.Red/Black Trim
.Pink/Black Trim
.Grey/Black trim

Any recomendations?

Thanks my fellow fastlaners!

I dont quite understand "It would be a problem getting the cover to open from inside as we would have no way to cover the fabric from the exterior" I assume that was directed at me. I dont understand what you mean but you seem to have things pretty much covered so probably just something I am overlooking.

More or less my idea is to take your product and turn it around (inside out?)so that on the front you see the majority black smock with the see through triangle (I assume this material is similar to the a clear shower curtain that would keep hair out). When the flap is shut you would see the black flap through the clear plastic triangle.

Like I said above theres probably an obvious reason this cant work I just didnt quite understand your response.

Good work so far, and good luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.