The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thanks MJDemarco & PatrickP from idea to prototype. Next Step....

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Just recently launch my own manufacturing company. We are trying to solve a specific need within salons and barbershops. We all use are phone's and need access 100% of the time

From design to prototype: Patent is currently pending!

Next steps

:perfect product through quality testing: Find design flaws
:profesional Product Photos
:Value proposition
:pricing(Thanks for the article on pricing patrickp great read)

We did a sales pitch to a local beauty store here in florida. Guy was amazed with our product. He wants to start with 10 units. We are reaching out to major distributors within this industry.

Feedback appreciated

Thanks

http://www.wizelink.net/images/1.jpg
http://www.wizelink.net/images/2.jpg
http://www.wizelink.net/images/3.jpg
http://www.wizelink.net/images/4.jpg
http://www.wizelink.net/images/5.jpg
http://www.wizelink.net/images/6.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

FREAKING BRILLIANT. I would buy one, JUST to bring to the barber shop, when I get my hair cut.

SPEED!!!

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Flippin awesome, wish I thought of this! Speed+++

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
My only thought is does hair get stuck in the seem when the flap is down? That is the only thing I could really see being an issue.

That is a negative my friend. After extensive testing/research. The cover actually comes completly off. Hair just rolls off this cape.(Anti-Static) design. A simple shake of the cape and its good as new.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Actions speed louder than words.

Kwik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 28, 2012
Doesn't all the hair still fall in the big hole around the neck?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I think its a great idea, but I can't relate so much because I'm not such a phone addict and don't go to the barber (cut it myself to nearly bald). :coolgleamA:

The issue with hair getting stuck when the flap is down came to my mind, too, but as you said it can be removed completely. Can very little hairs get through the net?

I think you could easily brand those or even put advertisements on them. Just a thought.

Keep it up! Speed+

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
My girlfriend (she's a hair stylist) and I were looking into this very same idea a while ago. We actually found a few companies with this product idea and found three or four patents. This is just one: VuWare

Hope it works out for you!

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Doesn't all the hair still fall in the big hole around the neck?

I thinking you are referring to pic# 3 & 4. The Cape is not fastened up in these pictures.

We came across 3 different concepts/patents. None of the designs match our technology. We use a specific fabric to get our product transparent. Water can be wiped off this fabric with ease and hair rolls right off. From the pictures it looks like a netting material but this material is actually a very high density material. Most of the concepts use a clear plastic material which is not washable.

Thanks for all the feedback.

We will keep this thread updated on progress

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Love the idea.

Personally I never check my phone at the barber (and really have no intention to start) but considering how prevalent they are these days this is genius.

Speed+

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
WHAT???

If I had known that was your idea I would have told you it was horrible and stole the idea :)

GREAT job man. I am impressed with your progress. Keep going and let us know how it is going. I MAY have a product which would do well in Salons. 100% different than yours though. Maybe we have different salespeople (read you and me) make sales calls at different salons in FL?

Let me know if you might be interested, it could be good for both. Thanks!

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
That is a negative my friend. After extensive testing/research. The cover actually comes completly off. Hair just rolls off this cape.(Anti-Static) design. A simple shake of the cape and its good as new.

Very nice, nothing that I can see wrong with it then. Awesome idea.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Are you actually manufacturing these or outsourcing the production?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
You are VERY welcome youngfranchi I didn't help much at all it was YOU that did it.

To anyone else reading this. I am happy to help you however I can. Never charge a fee(ok stale Halloween candy maybe :) )

Just let me know.

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
WHAT???

If I had known that was your idea I would have told you it was horrible and stole the idea :)

GREAT job man. I am impressed with your progress. Keep going and let us know how it is going. I MAY have a product which would do well in Salons. 100% different than yours though. Maybe we have different salespeople (read you and me) make sales calls at different salons in FL?

Let me know if you might be interested, it could be good for both. Thanks!

Lets do it my friend. I have no problem pitching your product. PM me details. I have a couple good manufactures im working with that can get things done fast. Getting product photos ready for distributors,resellers, our website etc

The Product Photographers @ Affordable Flat Rates & Professional Quality. | Professional Commercial, Advertising & Catalog Photography.

Very good site for product photos and a very good price

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow! Freaking awesome!

This, my friend, is what the Fastlane is all about: Creation!

You have the ability to envision a product that solves a potential need, execute on it's birth, and see it to market testing.

Now, will they sell? You never know until you get out there and expose it to the marketplace!

Exciting!

And the best part? Failure is still success because you just repeat the process. Create. Market. Respond.

Congrats. Looking forward to any updates.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
how bout a design with armholes out the side of the cape/poncho, that way it is still seamless down the front where most of the hair ends up. You could also add a snap-on small waste bucket that is in the chair between the legs, most of the hair would slide right into it and not on the floor. Every barber would buy one who is tired of sweeping all the time! Plus faster turnaround between customers on busy days, =more $$.

You might even have some advertising options on those things too, maybe from local businesses. You can't help but stare at all kinds of crap when you are sitting there for 20min.

Great job! listen to the customers and be open for continuous improvement. I think you are on to a winner!

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Thanks MJ, I have been following your videos very good information. Real world experience. I will keep the thread updated on all progress from setting up our distribution network to customer service. We are perfecting our design currently, putting ourselves in our customers shoes what would they wany? Thanks for all the positive feedback. It will drive us to succeed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.