What's new

Thank You

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Chuferd

New Contributor
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
45
Location
Indianapolis
Rep Bank
$155
User Power: 13%
I actually grew up in a family of entrepreneurs. It just so happened that I was on the tail end of it all. My grandfather owned a private beach club. It had a dance hall where Benny Goodman and other musical legends performed, a 1 million gallon pool, a train, frisbee golf. It closed in 1975 and sold to build at the time the largest apartment complex in the USA (Westlake Apartments on Indy's west side) My parents owned a stake in the first phase but sold out:eusa_naughty:. From there my Dad was a contractor specializing in excavating, rough and finish grade and final landscape of new homes. At the same time we ran a reception hall and catering park with leftover equipment from the beach. When my father died in 1982 the whole thing unraveled like a ball of yarn with a lion. Skip the details-I came out with $100,000 when everything sold in 1992. Unfortunately by that time I was a full blown binge drinking alcoholic. Fast forward to 2003 after 11 years of mayhem, I have a drunk episode and the next morning I have a badly broken arm. I have not drank since. I started from that point with consumer credit counseling and paid back all that I owed from ten years of I don't give a F*ck. I've built a small nest-egg. I've buried many friends since I quit drinking. My wife has seen at least 12 friends die and she is only 35. I have already exceeded any thing I could have asked for in this life. I do not need for anything at this point. But I also realize that I have a mortgage and Sallie mae breathing down my neck. I have a fire burning in me to get back to what I saw as a child. When our businesses were humming, we had it all! Land, motorcycles trips to Florida every year. My brothers and I discovered BMX and My dad built a track which would eventually go on to host national events. Everything we did worked but we did not plan for long term security so it all folded. So when I say I am in despair I have long from givin up! I will say that it was irresponsible to say I've gained nothing from this forum though because when I posted "despair" I got an outpouring of support. Some of it was kick-you-in-the-teeth honesty and some were things that I will refer back to for as long as it takes till I learn how to be the markets whore. I ultimately believe real estate is the fast lane of choice for me and my wife is finally on board with that. I want to buy a 4-plex but I do not want to pay a loop net fee. I have invested in graphene. The spell checker on here thinks graphene is a misspelled word. That will change. In the next 5 years it will be a household word.

Thank you to all who responded
Brad
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Csef,

Vjepl zua gus zuas qutv epf zuas jupitvz. O vjopl ov ot e huuf mittup gus emm ug at vu miesp gsun.

Fu zua vjopl ov ot quttocmi vjev zua sep opvu vsuacmi cideati zua xisi howip tu nepz vjopht xjip zua xisi zuaph us xisi zua siraosif vu xusl vu iesp iwiszvjoph zua xisi howip?

O eshai xovj nztimg ecuav vjot, O fup'v howi nz tup coh vjopht et O en egseof ji xomm ciduni tquomif. Ov tiint vu jewi xuslif tu ges et ji ot e wisz jesf xusloph timg simoepv qistup.

Vjepl zua op efwepdi.
 
Edvaemmz O fof jewi vu xusl e muv cav O piwis cuvjisif vu miesp vji wemai ug nupiz. O katv vjuahjv vjisi xet ep ipfmitt taqqmz.
Csef,

Vjepl zua gus zuas qutv epf zuas jupitvz. O vjopl ov ot e huuf mittup gus emm ug at vu miesp gsun.

Fu zua vjopl ov ot quttocmi vjev zua sep opvu vsuacmi cideati zua xisi howip tu nepz vjopht xjip zua xisi zuaph us xisi zua siraosif vu xusl vu iesp iwiszvjoph zua xisi howip?

O eshai xovj nztimg ecuav vjot, O fup'v howi nz tup coh vjopht et O en egseof ji xomm ciduni tquomif. Ov tiint vu jewi xuslif tu ges et ji ot e wisz jesf xusloph timg simoepv qistup.

Vjepl zua op efwepdi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom