The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thank You.. its been two years.

Plank

That's not sawdust.. it's Man Glitter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
I'm not good with forums...

I made a post 2 years ago about building a tiny house and trying to make a business from it.
It would never have worked the way I wanted. Instead I sold that tiny house for enough to buy a beat up work truck and the tools to start my own construction company with the goal of eventually becoming a general contractor and letting others do the physical work, while I make a little off the top.
In , 2 months time I learned you can't hire skill and motivation, I had to scrap my entire thought process..

I started hiring young motivated guys, with no previous construction experience to help me frame houses, and started off by bidding low and barely making any profit and sometimes losing money in the first year.

2 years later I have a full crew of Highly motivated badass carpenters that I can trust with every aspect of the job.

Last week I purchased an LLC and scheduled my General Contractors license exam..
My gameplan for this years is to use my badass employees to help me by putting down their hammers.
I plan to Sub-contract most of my work in the future and use my guys to keep track of the subcontractors and make sure the work gets done properly and on time..

this is my audible review I just left

I never leave reviews, call me lazy, an a$$hole, or whatever, but honestly I have thousands of books and hundreds of audio books, and have never felt motivated enough to give a dam about leaving a review.

Until now..

I read millionaire fast lane 2 years ago, and immediately quit my job as an hourly wage carpenter, to start my own construction company framing houses, it's taken me 2 years to get to the point where I have outgrown my goals .
I just purchased an LLC and have scheduled a general contractor license exam and I'm ready to take my business to the next level, now that I have motivated employees that I have personally trained from the ground up to be able to become project managers rather than hammer swingers..
As with each endeavor, stress and anxiety is rampant right now and I've come to learn that, that means I'm progressing..

MJ started it all for me, and though I'm nowhere near where I need to be, I can honestly say his books "audiobooks" in particular have awakened a fire in me like non before...

Thank you,
William Plank

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for sharing your progress!
I never leave reviews, call me lazy, an a$$hole, or whatever, but honestly I have thousands of books and hundreds of audio books, and have never felt motivated enough to give a dam about leaving a review.

Until now..

I read millionaire fast lane 2 years ago, and immediately quit my job as an hourly wage carpenter, to start my own construction company framing houses, it's taken me 2 years to get to the point where I have outgrown my goals .
I just purchased an LLC and have scheduled a general contractor license exam and I'm ready to take my business to the next level, now that I have motivated employees that I have personally trained from the ground up to be able to become project managers rather than hammer swingers..
As with each endeavor, stress and anxiety is rampant right now and I've come to learn that, that means I'm progressing..

MJ started it all for me, and though I'm nowhere near where I need to be, I can honestly say his books "audiobooks" in particular have awakened a fire in me like non before...

Thank you,
William Plank

Thank you man, really appreciate that!

Failed Image Rendering

For images to render, they need to link to JPG/GIF files. These links do not. Can you retry?

Plank

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
Ill
Thanks for sharing your progress!

Thank you man, really appreciate that!

For images to render, they need to link to JPG/GIF files. These links do not. Can you retry?
I'll retry when I get home, can't figure it out on my phone.. it's a b7nch of pics of my work and progress over the last 2 years

Plank

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
I know a lot of you guys are more in line with "Online, marketing, or sales etc." orientated but for me that is super tough for me to get my head wrapped around..

This isn't as Fastlane as you badasses, but it is what I know,

Before reading the millionaire Fastlane I was an hourly waged carpenter..

In two years time, I have..

quit my job
started my own framing/construction company
Built that company from the ground up, including personally training all my employees and building a reputation that can't be beat.

I will turn that reputation and those employees into a general contracting company.

within 3 more years I hope to have my entire business able to run without me in the picture.

I started this dream, 2 months after reading The millionaire Fastlane ...
I work daylight to dark 6/7 days a week to try and make this dream a reality..
I am currently making 10 times what I did as an employee, but I still have to work harder than I ever did as an employee... Once I begin the general contracting it will be even harder, atleast until I get to the point where I am comfortable letting others control the work load..

Thanks for everything.. I know for a fact I would still be comfortably working by the hour without that book...

E2CpEH.jpg

IquVDB.jpg

tAVapO.jpg

Pc4gVk.jpg

uhHUQY.jpg

qHFCyL.jpg

vt6F3k.jpg

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I know a lot of you guys are more in line with "Online, marketing, or sales etc." orientated but for me that is super tough for me to get my head wrapped around..

quit my job
Built that company from the ground up, including personally training all my employees and building a reputation that can't be beat.

I will turn that reputation and those employees into a general contracting company.

within 3 more years I hope to have my entire business able to run without me in the picture.

I am currently making 10 times what I did as an employee, but I still have to work harder than I ever did as an employee... Once I begin the general contracting it will be even harder, atleast until I get to the point where I am comfortable letting others control the work load..

Thanks for everything.. I know for a fact I would still be comfortably working by the hour without that book...

E2CpEH.jpg

IquVDB.jpg

tAVapO.jpg

Pc4gVk.jpg

uhHUQY.jpg

qHFCyL.jpg

vt6F3k.jpg
Sales and marketing are just tools. Not Fastlane by their own.

Congratulations on your progress. I have great respect for all you folks who build houses, spend countless hours designing everything and sourcing materials at good prices. Requires a lot of logistics planning, which is a really heavily underlooked skill in business.

@Get Right, you might be interested to pop up here. You are in the same field, right?

Plank

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
ur the fukin man dude.
Constructions is real man's work.

Haha, thanks man.. I don't know about that though.. after reading some of the things in here I believe some keyboard knowledge may have served me better than this sore back :):)

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Haha, thanks man.. I don't know about that though.. after reading some of the things in here I believe some keyboard knowledge may have served me better than this sore back :):)

True, but hunched over keyboard all day gives sore back too plus poor posture, weight gain, vitamin D deficiency... ask any office worker.
grass aint always greener on other side lol

Plank

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
True, but hunched over keyboard all day gives sore back too plus poor posture, weight gain, vitamin D deficiency... ask any office worker.
grass aint always greener on other side lol
ha, no doubt brother.. still trying to brush up on the fixed mind set and eventually break away from this, I've got ideas for apps and books, etc. That I think could really help tradesmen. One step at a time though.. thanks!

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 18, 2018
India
Your houses are really looking good. Thanks for sharing your progress. Taking the first step towards fulfilling your dreams is the most important thing and you are on the right path. Congrats.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
ha, no doubt brother.. still trying to brush up on the fixed mind set and eventually break away from this, I've got ideas for apps and books, etc. That I think could really help tradesmen. One step at a time though.. thanks!

yea if u can think of a utility or informational type app for your industry that hasn't been done yet, that could work well.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

quit my job

E2CpEH.jpg

IquVDB.jpg

tAVapO.jpg

Pc4gVk.jpg

uhHUQY.jpg

qHFCyL.jpg

vt6F3k.jpg
That’s the face of happiness if I’ve ever seen one.

Also, dope logo.

Plank

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
That’s the face of happiness if I’ve ever seen one.

Also, dope logo.
Thanks, actually paid a guy on fiver to do it, I told him "William Plank Construction" and to try to incorporate a saw hammer nails etc. Somehow if he could.. he sent me that in a bunch of different files for sizes from thumbnails all the way up to Truck decal sized, and a bill for 20.00 I paid him 20.00 then sent him a good sized tip as well after hearing his story, turns out he's an entrepreneur from "I believe it was Venezuela" and was struggling pretty bad back then to find work and fiver was his small day to day hustle while he was working on something local..

Anyways thanks again I thought he did great as well.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I am currently making 10 times what I did as an employee,
And it sounds like you're enjoying the ride. That sounds like a pretty damn good Fastlane win right there, brah. Pat yourself on the back and keep killin it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.