The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thank You, IceCreamKid

ProblemSolver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2014
Orlando
I've been visiting this forum off and on for over a year. I recently read a thread started by @IceCreamKid and it completely changed my view. Thank you for the bread crumbs, sir!

After reading his thread from page 1 to 20, I decided to read 'The Millionaire Fastlane '. I am currently on page 105 and I am in shock. Why you might ask? Because I am a Slowlaner TO A TEE. Thought process, beliefs, and all! I find it absolutely amazing that I have fallen into 'the trap'; hook, line, and sinker, without even realizing what was happening to me. My eyes are being opened and the road ahead, though still foggy, is becoming clear.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ProblemSolver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2014
Orlando
Welcome to the forum.

Remember,

Inspiration and motivation die and must be reborn from time to time. Make sure you stay committed even when you can't see everything with the same enthusiasm as you have right now.

Good luck.

Thanks, Enki. I wouldn't exactly say I am enthused at the moment. Maybe when I finish the book! ;)

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Make sure you stay committed even when you can't see everything with the same enthusiasm as you have right now.
This is definitely something I am slowly learning. I feel like it is absolutely vital that one realizes that the enthusiasm will go away almost as quick as it came in the first place. Motivation is a temporary feeling. It seems to me that motivation should be used as a tool. You aren't always going to feel that spark of motivation, but when you do, just use it as a boost to propel you forward even further. The real test is what you do during the times when the motivation is lacking.

Something I'm guilty of saying is, "I want to do this or that bla bla bla... but I just haven't been motivated lately". I've realized that the lack of motivation we experience, is part of the process. The journey to success isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

@ProblemSolver, welcome to the forum! And yes, IceCreamKid is a pretty stand up guy in my book too. Good luck!

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,184%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Bro, thank you for the compliment! I think you're the first to tell me that you read from page 1 through 20 lol.

I like your enthusiasm. One thing I've noticed is that people use my thread to fix their mindset then move on to the technical threads later on. Then they hit obstacles while taking action and come back to the ice cream thread for motivation when they feel like the wind got knocked out of them. It's a neat little synergistic thing going on and it's so important to stay positive throughout the journey because the most unexpected shit tends to pop up at the worst moments possible.

If I could give you any advice at this point in your life, it's to give yourself just ONE task every day that moves you towards your goal and finish that task no matter what.

DO NOT DO 2 TASKS. JUST ONE, until you become half man/half amazing with the consistency.

Have you ever gone to the gym religiously for multiple weeks in a row? It was so easy and effortless, like automatic habit. But then you missed one day of gym time because you were chillin' with the other ice creamers. Then you missed the following day. Eh, you don't feel so guilty about it now. Before you know it, the standard is to miss the next 6 months and it doesn't bother you.

That's what happens to people who are unhappy with their life. Their habits slowly erode their soul away over time. Nobody goes to sleep weighing 140 pounds then wakes up the next morning as a 500 pound tub of lard. They gain 5 pounds one week...then 5 pounds the next week...then another 5.

One task a day changed my life bro! YEE!

That's why I say my line that everyone's sick of...

Take action daily.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Take action daily

:blackeye:

Enthusiasm and taking action gets your #ss kicked. But it is meant to :cigar: because it teaches you humility and to pay attention to details and the reality that your mind is avoiding.
You start to realise you want to be rich rather than right :hungry:.
And you leave the sidewalker :sour: in you behind.

:smoking:
Creamy is the man.
May his lepricorn like wisdom spread through you like herpes and serve you well on the hunt for the pot of golden icecream at the end of the rainbow.
Good luck.

ProblemSolver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2014
Orlando
Two and a half months since I read the great ICK post. I'm still motivated to get the ice cream! I have realized I have a mental wall to break down that is going to be significantly difficult. Anyone have some dynamite I can borrow?!

My wall is what I have heard termed as the scarcity of money mindset. I have been 'trained' since childhood to save save save every penny. If I walk by a penny on the ground, I pick it up and save it. The idea of money being in short supply has been ingrained in me since a very young age. I rarely go on vacations or buy new things because I cannot bring myself to spend large amounts of money at one time. I've even considered joining the Eskil/1step group but the idea of spending $3000 for me is like asking a crack addict to put down a freshly filled crack pipe. The one positive it has brought to me is I am good with money management/budgeting.

I'm not sure how I am going to break this mindset. It sounds so easy to just say quit being that way but it really isn't and I cannot figure out why! It's almost as if anxiety builds up when I try to think differently. It's hard to explain but at least I know what I have to do. Now I just need to accomplish this goal.

I've also noticed visiting this site keeps me motivated. I then realized what was keeping me motivated was the 'mental masturbation' of it all. Upon this realization, I decided to order some products from China to sell online (Ebay/Craigslist). Getting a sale and knowing, 'Hey, someone will buy products from me!' as a first step to gaining confidence that I know I can 'make money' will provide greater motivation to take action. This probably sounds silly to those who are farther along on their journey but I feel a little affirmation will go a long way!

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Spend 3.000$, get an education worth 10.000$. Instead of seeing it as a loss, see it as a profit of 7.000$

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...