The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TFF CONSISTENCY & ACCOUNTABILITY COLLECTIVE TRACKER

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
schedule x
meditation x
hygiene x
restrictions x

Thanks for posting your progress, @bornoim
Restrictions?
On...?
Thank you too ZF Lee
Restrictions include not visiting certain websites, not checking messages at certain hours, not taking hot showers etc. minor things like that. Might change over time.

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
schedule -
meditation -
hygiene -
restrictions -

schedule x
meditation x
hygiene x
restrictions x

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
schedule​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
-​
hygiene​
x​
x​
restrictions​
x​
x​

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
schedule​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
x​
x​
hygiene​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
restrictions​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
schedule​
x​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
hygiene​
x​
x​
x​
restrictions​
x​
x​
x​

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
schedule​
x​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
hygiene​
x​
x​
x​
restrictions​
x​
x​
x​
Congrats on keeping up with your tracker, so far.
Sorry to keep you lonely for quite the time. :)

I've had a lot of personal squabbles with my family, and to make it short, I'm going to resume my habits tracker here starting from tomorrow, to track some daily practices that I have found important to keep the house in order. I'll upload it on a weekly basis.

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Congrats on keeping up with your tracker, so far.
Sorry to keep you lonely for quite the time. :)
Oh don't worry about that, I'm quite comfortable here in my own personal containment thread :rofl:
Hope posting here will boost your consistency. For me it certainly helps at the moment.

Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
Break​
schedule​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
hygiene​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
-​
restrictions​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
apply​
x​
x​
x​

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
schedule​
meditation​
x​
hygiene​
x​
restrictions​
x​
apply​
x​

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Alright, back to the habits tracker...

Update for 22/6 (Mon) to 27/6 (Sat)

GOALS
Wake up 8-9AM DAILY

Achieved Mon, Tues and Sat only...

Sleep around 11.30PM DAILY
Achieved only on Mon and Tues

2X supplement intake a day
MET

1X compliments/ nice words to someone a day
Met

Bible/prayer
Done only on Mon, Tues and Wed

10:10 for Mon- Fri (an online prayer/Holy Write session on YouTube I watch with the family)
MET

Basically, after I took a break from this tracker thread, things got f*cked up.

woke up late here and there, and started slacking off.
Then more freelance work came in, and I had to nearly tear myself to pieces entertaining clients and ruffling up assignments.

To say it was a horrific experience wouldn't be enough.
For some reasons, I felt more like a cubicle rat than a Fastlaner.

So, my habits tracking for now will focus on self-recovery- just a few simple habits to help mepick up the pieces. I've finished much of my current semester by now though, save for today's credit analysis online exam and yesterday's f*cked up Enterprise Analytics assignment on R-regression for COVID.

Will still continue my freelancing, but I'm already tracking stuff that confidential to my clients lol.

Attachments

• TFLF V.3 accountability tracker - 22-27 June 2020.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 1

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
Break​
schedule​
x​
x​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
x​
x​
hygiene​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
restrictions​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
apply​
x​
x​

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Update for 29/6 (Mon) to 5/7 (Sun)

GOALS
Wake up 8-9AM DAILY

All days except Thurs

Eek mostly hit the sack between 12am-2am. Not met...

MET except Thurs

Met

Bible/prayer
Done only on Wed and Fri

10:10 for Mon- Fri (an online prayer/Holy Write session on YouTube I watch with the family)
Met only on Tues-Thurs

The church that organised the online talks just had its final broadcast on that 10:10 series, so I'll go back to rewatch earlier episodes on YouTube or other mini-sermons.

I'm thinking of adding a new habit to this tracker for the coming weeks- reading a chapter or pages of a business book daily. I noticed I hadn't 'sharpened the axe' for some time, which could explain why sometimes I felt close to burnout of ideas, even with regular freelance client tasks.

I've got a shit-ton to read...from marketing-specific books like Micro-Scripts,to a few finance ones (I still haven't finished Ray Dalio's Debt Crisis book and might have lost some potential profits from not knowing some stuff from the book...)

Attachments

• TFLF V.3 accountability tracker - 29 June-5 July 20.pdf
    51 KB · Views: 0

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Task​
Mo​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
Break​
schedule​
x​
x​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
x​
x​
hygiene​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
restrictions​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
apply​
x​
x​
Update for 29/6 (Mon) to 5/7 (Sun)

GOALS
Wake up 8-9AM DAILY

All days except Thurs

Eek mostly hit the sack between 12am-2am. Not met...

MET except Thurs

Met

Bible/prayer
Done only on Wed and Fri

Met only on Tues-Thurs

The church that organised the online talks just had its final broadcast on that 10:10 series, so I'll go back to rewatch earlier episodes on YouTube or other mini-sermons.

I'm thinking of adding a new habit to this tracker for the coming weeks- reading a chapter or pages of a business book daily. I noticed I hadn't 'sharpened the axe' for some time, which could explain why sometimes I felt close to burnout of ideas, even with regular freelance client tasks.

I've got a shit-ton to read...from marketing-specific books like Micro-Scripts,to a few finance ones (I still haven't finished Ray Dalio's Debt Crisis book and might have lost some potential profits from not knowing some stuff from the book...)
Glad to see this is still going. I'll post up my stats for the past while tomorrow if I have time.
And then there were two

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
And then there were two
I stopped posting in this thread and trying to track my habits altogether (I was also trying to do it in a journal) because I wasn't seeing any tangible results from it.

Yes, it 'felt good' to track everything, and it made me feel super important. But I thought my habits would automatically improve just by tracking them.... they didn't.

Today I barely track anything (calories and exercise). Yet I'm still able to maintain my 'good' habits like no-fap, daily exercise, waking up at 5:30 AM, etc. Of course I still have some less than perfect days, but most of the time I just do it. It's in the name: habit.

@ZF Lee @bornoim you've both been active in this thread... I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on whether this 'habit tracking' method has worked for you.

Specifically -- have you seen your habits improve because of the tracking, or because of something else?

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I stopped posting in this thread and trying to track my habits altogether (I was also trying to do it in a journal) because I wasn't seeing any tangible results from it.

Yes, it 'felt good' to track everything, and it made me feel super important. But I thought my habits would automatically improve just by tracking them.... they didn't.

Today I barely track anything (calories and exercise). Yet I'm still able to maintain my 'good' habits like no-fap, daily exercise, waking up at 5:30 AM, etc. Of course I still have some less than perfect days, but most of the time I just do it. It's in the name: habit.

@ZF Lee @bornoim you've both been active in this thread... I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on whether this 'habit tracking' method has worked for you.

Specifically -- have you seen your habits improve because of the tracking, or because of something else?
I agree, you just get bogged down with admin.
I'd rather spend my time doing something else.

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019

Well I've wondered myself if relying too much on such accountability systems, or maybe even relying on them at all, is just a crutch for people who can't find strong enough internal reasons, or external reasons more connected to their actual life to motivate them. If such accountability systems just serve as a placeholder, and inhibit your skill in developing those stronger reasons to improve your life, they might even be harmful in the long run. I don't know.
Anyways...

I haven't managed to establish any longterm habits.
But then establishing habits was never really my main focus I guess. It was more about monitoring how much I'm working on my goals over a longer period of time.

Personally, I don't pay much attention to my tracking at the moment and only spend like 10 minutes a week on it.
I regard it more as an additional failsafe. If things are going poorly and I barely do anything, at least I won't be able to fool myself about it.
Posting things online then adds a tiny bit of accountability that might be helpful.

I'd agree that it's counterproductive to pay too much attention on habits that you've already established. After all like you said, building habits is all about being able to do things unconsciously and automatically, so ..

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yes, they do improve. You can keep a better eye on how consistent you are.
You can also noticed quickly if something is wrong- and what might have disrupted your consistent flow of habits.

As to the what, I would suggest keeping a separate diary to mark down what may have been hitting your habits performance (e.g. in my case it was gaps in my freelancing project management and some family issues). And outline maybe 2-3 initial steps on how to deal with these abnormalities, if they could come back up again.

It's important to note that you can keep up very well with any habit, as long:
- You keep your body healthy (with good diet, rest and exercise)
-You keep your mind healthy (you read or create something useful everyday)
-You keep your socials healthy (network with good people, care for your family, etc.)
-You keep your spirituals healthy

One might say that each of them could be a habit by itself.
So I guess success in certain habits may rely on your earlier progress in other related habits.

I believe James Altucher talked on that before- he noticed most of his failures came about when one of these vital sectors was bad.

Kraelog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 17, 2015
It is quite hard to master something when you're not measuring your progress or consistency.
When you become a master at it, it becomes redundant (sometime in a far far future for me :D)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Update for 6/7 (Mon) to 12/7 (Sun)

GOALS
Wake up 8-9AM DAILY

All days except Tues-Thurs. The latest I woke up was 11AM, after some overnight work.

Sleep around 11PM-12AM DAILY
Mostly kept, with the latest on Tues (12.20AM)

MET except Sun

Met

Bible/prayer
MET except for Sun (had a full-day trip, but ironic...)
Now starting to dig into Romans.

10:10 for Mon- Fri
Met only on Mon-Thurs

Read a few chapters of a book a week
2 chapters from Micro-Scripts

Attachments

• TFLF V.3 accountability tracker - 6-12_7.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Task​
Devising​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
Mo​
Break​
Break​
Break​
schedule​
x​
x​
x​
meditation​
x​
x​
x​
hygiene​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
restrictions​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
x​
apply​
x​
x​
x​
x​

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Update for 13/7 (Mon) to 18/7 (Sat)
(Sunday was a break day- out on a multi-day trip)

GOALS
Wake up 8-9AM DAILY

All days except Monday (woke at 11AM)

Mostly kept, EXCEPT Friday and Sat (slept at 2AM due to late-night work)

MET

Bible/prayer
MET except for Sat

Not met, only watched on Mon-Thurs

2 chapters from WallStreet Playboys 'Efficiency '
UNSCRIPTED 's final chapter on the Paycheck Pot (still looking out for Malaysian-focused finance newsletters that are the equivalent of Barrons)

Attachments

• TFLF V.3 accountability tracker - 13-18_7.pdf
    55.6 KB · Views: 1

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Task​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
Mo​
Di​
schedule​
meditation​
hygiene​
restrictions​
apply​

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Task​
Di​
Mi​
Do​
Fr​
Sa​
So​
Mo​
Di​
schedule​
meditation​
hygiene​
restrictions​
apply​
Wait...why is it all empty?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Update for 20/7 (Mon) to 26/7 (Sun)

GOALS
Wake up 8-9AM DAILY

All days except Tues and Thurs (woke 10.20-11AM)

Mostly kept, EXCEPT Tues and Thurs (slept 1-1.15am)

MET except Thurs and Sun (only took 1X)

Bible/prayer
Only read Romans 5 on Monday

Only met Tues, Thurs, Sat

None

Pretty horrendous habits upkeep, due to a copywriting client sucking up LOTS of my time and pretty shoddy feedback with shoddy basis for my copy.

I've talked about this in my progress thread before. Client is a digital marketing firm that has several accounts with a few brands. It went like this:
1. I write copy.
2. Open access for revision calls
3. Asked to cut out lots of stuff.
4. Do so, although I explained why they were there-to pull in the audience beyond using just their discount offers as the main selling point
5. Their agency's client brand team don't like it
6. I told them, 'Then why did you ask me to cut it out in the first place?'
7. Later, they come back with a welcome email draft they wrote themselves, and ask if its good to launch
8. I find lots of bad English, and next to zero personalization or humanity in the copy.
9. I wonder why they DIDN'T USE my earlier welcome email that I wrote for them 2 DAYS BEFOREHAND, which was a thousand times better, with decent outline of expectations for the readers, using the CEO's name to show the readers a person was talking to them, etc.

"Oh, but they want corporate language! To be more professional..."

And your corporate approach sucks in your old copy. You've given me the drafts. I've seen them all.
They taste like water...nothing.
People need to feel fear, some greed, some excitement, self-interest.
That's what I can write in your emails! That's what you saw in my portfolio when you first hired me-and that's why you hired me!

I could really write some great pieces, but with the amount of revisions, and your un-willingness to test the pieces of shite copy out, how the F*ck else can I help you?

At this rate, no amount of price raising or re-negotiations is gonna cut it.

I planned to fire him once the monthly contract is over (end of August), but I'm thinking of firing him THIS WEEK. Getting me on my nerves, for once. Lex would probably say go ahead lol.

I'll just say I have other more important projects to do.

Earlier, I took 30% deposit from him, but I didn't set a clause in my agreement that I'll refund it

Either I can just refund 1/2 of it (since I already sent some deliverables to him, with more to come) or I just stick to my guns and hold onto the deposit when we part ways.

I dunno. I'll go to sleep and see if I think any different of it tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• TFLF V.3 accountability tracker - 20-26_7.pdf
    51 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Update for 27/7/2020- 2/8/2020

Somehow skipped tracking on Tuesday because of utter busy-ness.

GOALS
Wake up 8-9AM DAILY

MET

MET

MET except Mon, Wed, Fri (took only once a day)

Bible/prayer
Only read Romans 6-7 on Monday & Sun
A must-read on how rules (the Law) can have a reverse psychology effect that makes us to more bad stuff instead of wising up.

Only met Mon, Wed, Thurs

Mostly Jacob McMillen's blog on copywriting.
He has a LOT of stuff-some which I applied immediately to my freelance processes

Networking: 2

While I resumed the Habits Tracker only very recently, it helped me organize my chaotic activities.
Even my hated university studies.

I was surprised to find I scored probably the best semester results of my entire university time, a few days ago.

Had 2As, a B and a C.

According to my friends, scoring even more than ONE A was hard, at least for my university.

Actually got an A for Enterprise Analytics...I guess my screaming at R cross-validation and R-script's garbage did pay off after all.

While I didn't track my exact study habits, I did track supportive ones, like supplements and reading habits. That helped ensure I wouldn't burnout that easily (or violently, if it ever happened).

While I did manage to raise my freelance earnings of the last few months to match my current allowance, I saw that a good part of my cashflow came from pretty shitty clients.

So, I'll have to replace them, one way or another.

I'll most likely be finalizing the firing of a client or two by these few weeks, and will take on some new clients using a fresh set of processes.

These processes involve:
-Using questionnaires, term sheets & standard follow-ups to cut out as many meetings or needless calls as possible

-Making the research, drafting and revising of copywriting deliverables more standard (I'm cobbling stuff from multiple courses and personal experience, and one day, I'll probably share about it)

Yet, I felt I had paid some terrible price to juggle freelancing and studies.
I'm not sure what it is...time for rest? Sleep time? A 'normal' life. Couldn't really put my hand on it, but it was a thought on the back of my mind.

For the Habits Tracker...
I'll be tossing out two of the habits from my Tracker:
  • Compliments
  • 10:10
Found them to be pretty redundant.

And will be adding the following habit to track:
Copywriting practice- either study/write an email a day, or add 5 pointers to my industry briefs
(I'll have to turn on Google alerts or something to catch market-speak quickly)

Attachments

• TFLF V.3 accountability tracker - 27_7-2_8.pdf
    50.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads