The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tell.me The Inquisitive Network

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
So you built a platform to compete with Facebook, Quora, and Google+ in........1 month....?

No.

The initial site will be added to and improved month after month, but, it will still have quite allot of functionality from day 1.

The sites mentioned in the PR reflect the end goal utilising comparisons that people can relate to. After rolling out some pretty cool features, one after the other, perhaps we could become a well known brand.

Initial competition would resemble something like ask dot fm and formspring dot me

My vision is not about copying anybody, I just want to be innovative and to deliver something that people benefit and enjoy using.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for the info.

I see you are from France. I like to learn and am curious do you have a French version as well or is there a way to translate to other languages?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Thank you for the info.

I see you are from France. I like to learn and am curious do you have a French version as well or is there a way to translate to other languages?

Good question!!

By keeping text simple and down to a minimum, I am going to try this using google tranlsate initially for the entire site, including question and answers. Although I am putting an automatic translation function related to ip address there will (at least I have asked for) a show in native language option.

If google does not translate well enough so that is affects quality, I am hand translating the framework of the portal in the main languages initially (French, German, Spanish). Then hand translating in other languages depending on popularity in the following weeks/months after launch.

It all depends on how generic we make the site copy so that it translates well automatically (which will be really helpful!!)

EDIT: the trouble with google translate is that you cannot edit it. You have it on and accept the flaws, or you don't have it at all

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I don't mean to bring negativity to this thread but something seems fishy. Juan Carlos Arzola is a "serial entrepreneur with 20 years experience" but nearly every link on code.me is dead (employ.me and show.me) and it looks like all he does is buys and hawks .me addresses.

Did you do any research on this guy before getting in bed with him?
Juan Carlos Arzola: Internet Investor Expert

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I don't mean to bring negativity to this thread but something seems fishy. Juan Carlos Arzola is a "serial entrepreneur with 20 years experience" but nearly every link on code.me is dead (employ.me and show.me) and it looks like all he does is buys and hawks .me addresses.

I did have the same initial concerns and I did do research, he has other offline businesses that I know of that he asked me to leave out of the press release.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL

Just so people who have not followed the thread know what your talking about :)

Most importantly... do you own the domain? (tell.me)

Pretty sure you're not Juan Carlos.

No, I am not Juan Carlos, but I have partnered with him so I can use his domain name.

We are going to agree to an exit strategy and the domain name goes with it and when and if we sell the domain goes 50/50 in the value of the sale price.

I own the platform. He owns the domain. We are partners.

Edit : I do not think two people can own a domain name. However a domain name can be company owned, which is what will probably happen.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I did have the same initial concerns and I did do research, he has other offline businesses that I know of that he asked me to leave out of the press release.

Well best of luck but I don't think I'd touch this guy with a 10 foot pole.

He also claims to have gone to Harvard Business School (the same year as going to three other schools?) and won Entrepreneur Of The Year in 2005 (Yet not a single google result).

Juan Carlos Arzola | LinkedIn

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
May I ask which of their packages you purchased? The $159. 199 etc?

Thank you

$199

It got onto Yahoo news, which can only be a good thing. I will post full stats in a couple of days time.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
lol Laughing because that is wow, cool, amazing results

WOW on Yahoo news very cool. I probably saw it then.

Impressive man, keep at it!

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
My website is launching in five days. EDIT: Just got an email from the developers, they are going to struggle to have this finished for the 6th and have asked for an extra two days in which we can do testing. Ok so I am a little dissapointed but it is for the best. The date is now Friday the 8th instead of Wednesday 6th.

Anyway.

I was hoping to get about 100 people signing up for email updates and I will hit that earlier than expected... tonight.

So perhaps I could get to 150 before launch.

I'd love to get 100 inquisitive minds using my site on launch day but even if I got ten I'd be happy!!

I started to wonder about my tag line for tell.me

At the moment, it is

Tell.me The Insuisitive Network

But I have also been toying with the following.

Tell.me Inquisitive Mind Network

or

Tell.me Networking Inquisitive Minds

If anybody would tell me what tag line you would lean towards I would be delighted to know! :)

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Well this is a model of how I hope to spread tell.me initially on the basic launch version.

Very basic and crude example

Day one.

Joe signs up

Joe has 130 friends on Fb and other social networks

Joe selects one of our predetermined questions or gets creative and invents his own

Joe can post his question out to his social network

On his facebook page it will read something like

Tell.me what was the funniest.....?
Let Joe rate your answer!

Out of all of Joes 130 friends just 4% click on the link

They are directed to the joes page at tell.me/joe

Before they can answer his question they are asked to connect to tell.me via FB or Twitter or other means

They answer his question

Joe can rate their questions and award a point based on

Funny, serious, intelligent, donkey etc etc

That means approx 6 people are now signed up and they now have the option to become a follower of Joe, they will get updates whenever he posts a question about anything. Joe can become their follower too.

When Joe rates their answer an update is sent out to the six people who can put this on their Facebook Page or tweet about it etc

The six people are invited to get creative and make up thier own questions to rate their friends. They may be looking for different things in their responses but the mechanics remain the same.

Now six people have posted their question, each has 130 friends and 4% answer.

Each pull in 5 people that want to answer and get rated, that means 30 people just signed up which means their are now 36 people with a tell.me/username

I hope to make it appealing enough that on a small start up budget tell.me will build itself. If it doesn't work then I have done something wrong and I will have to find out what that is and keep making improvements until it is good enough.

Right now if I did no advertising what so ever I am getting over 100 hits per day to the landing page. If I can't up that considerably with a full working platform using the mechanics I descirbed by providing something that can be social, fun and rewarding and totally free to use then I will be very puzzled and will have to make some changes.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
How will this site compete with stackexchange?

It does have some similarities for example, the point system I am using you will be able to earn medals.

In stackexchange you earn badges.

The medals you earn in Tell.me are related to the different types of answers that you give that will later go onto build a personality profile.

Somebody that earns lots of funny points by providing comic answers will earn a comedy or comic medal and this will start to build a profile that will customise where the questions are sent based on the question askers specifications.

This will lead onto expert fields of questioning for nieche and targeted responses but that is not in the initial launch. There are lots of other things in the pipeline too but I need to get a feel for how people react to the first site and move with the flow.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
The night before I launch pase 1 of Tell.me

For anybody who has been involved in building an internet site or for that matter anything that involves many hours of preperation, concentration and effort. You know what it takes.

I had to be in communication and instruct the development company all the time so they could build the site the way I wanted it to be.

Many many decisions have been made in the last month and I beleive that I have steered Tell.me into something that is a solid foundation for me to build on.

In all honesty I do not expect much at all from phase 1. Because of reasons XYZ I could not get in features that I know will make it stand out from the crowd.

The process to make it into a success I imagine will take quite a while as we add new features month after month to keep the site innovative and fresh.

So I am nearly at the moment I was looking forward to when I started this thread.

I will post up again when the site is actually live along with site statistics from time to time.

At this point before launch I have got 25 Facebook likes (5) from people I know the rest are organic.

270 Email subscribers.

Thanks for following.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!