The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking payment for products you are not providing

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
I'm wondering how companies operate that take credit card payment for products they are not providing.

For instance, half.com allows users to sell their books through their website. Buyers can purchase listed books with credit card, in which half.com then transfer the money to the seller through ACH.

I'm wondering how half.com prevents chargebacks and fraud. And how do they get accepted by merchant services?

If anyone has any knowledge on resources on this subject it would be very helpful. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Funny I was about to ask the same question

Sorry to hijack your thread but seems pointless to create a new one which can help us both out!

I was wondering if a gateway exists which allows payment between members of a site then in turn you take a percentage of the transaction?

A

Anon3587x

Funny I was about to ask the same question

Sorry to hijack your thread but seems pointless to create a new one which can help us both out!

I was wondering if a gateway exists which allows payment between members of a site then in turn you take a percentage of the transaction?

I was working on a website that essentially did just this. But now I think about it, I may be better off selling the software for such a thing.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
I was working on a website that essentially did just this. But now I think about it, I may be better off selling the software for such a thing.

Sounds very fastlane to me!! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
You CAN get a merchant account for this type of thing, but it's considered a high-risk account, so you have to jump through more hoops. I think you might have to put a deposit in or have extra legal coverage.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts