The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking my mom's company online?

Idea threads

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
Hi,

So my mom sells clothes on markets. She is pretty good at it. (Social person and good taste in clothes). And I know this kind of business does not meet CENTS. But was wondering if I should try to adapt to modernize her company and bring it online with a webshop. But I think driving the right traffic to her website would be a major challenge, and the pricepoint of her items are not high enough to have a lot of wiggleroom ad wise.

Challenges:
- Hard to market (not sure how I would try to pursuit this, as most of my mom's clientel (older people) are not really into the internet).
- Would either need use a dummy to take pictures of the clothes, or either a live model. My mom isn't too keen in beeing the model herself. Otherwise it would be great having her talk each week in a video about an new item, but she's not up for that and not the best suited if I compare it to the usual influencer crowd.
- She add's new clothes almost every week. So quite the upkeep photography wise.

Positives:
- My mom already knows what items sell good in real life. She has access to it as she has a stock.
- Word to mouth advertising can be done on the markets.

What do you think? (I might be missing some challenges and also maybe some positives)

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
It sounds like you're considering taking your mom's clothing business online, but you're concerned about the challenges that come with it. Here are some thoughts and potential solutions to the issues you've mentioned:

Challenges:

1. ✅ Targeting the right audience: While it's true that your mom's current clientele might not be very active on the internet, there could still be a market for her products online. Consider researching and targeting a broader audience interested in the type of clothes she sells. You might find that there's an untapped market of younger or more tech-savvy customers who would appreciate her products.
  2. ✅ Product photography: Professional-looking product photos are essential for an online clothing store. If your mom isn't comfortable modeling, you can use a dress form, mannequin, or hire a local model for photoshoots. Alternatively, you can explore other creative ways to showcase her products, like flat lay photography or using software to create virtual models.
  3. ✅ Managing frequent inventory updates: If your mom adds new clothes every week, consider developing a streamlined process for photographing, uploading, and managing products on the website. This could include scheduling regular photoshoots, using a content management system (CMS) to simplify the uploading process, or even outsourcing some of these tasks if needed.
Positives:

1. ✅ Proven product selection: Your mom's experience in selecting popular items for her market stall will be invaluable for the online store. Her expertise can help ensure that you're offering products that will resonate with potential customers.
  2. ✅ Word-of-mouth marketing: Leverage your mom's existing network and reputation at the markets to promote the online store. She can inform her customers about the website and even offer incentives like discounts or referral rewards to encourage them to spread the word.
Additional Suggestions:

1. ✅ Social media marketing: Create social media profiles for your mom's business to reach a wider audience, showcase products, and share updates. Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest can be particularly useful for promoting a clothing business.
  2. ✅ Email marketing: Collect email addresses from customers at the markets and online, then send out newsletters with updates, promotions, and new product launches.
  3. ✅ Online marketplaces: In addition to creating a standalone webshop, consider listing your mom's products on popular online marketplaces like Etsy or eBay. This can help increase visibility and reach more potential customers.
In summary, while there are challenges associated with taking your mom's clothing business online, it's definitely worth exploring. With the right strategies and resources in place, you might discover new opportunities for growth and success.
Why do you post here with chatgpt?

It gets you banned and is just lazy. What are you trying to accomplish ?

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
So nobody any input on this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.