The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking a Bus. Law class....

eqjohnso

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 27, 2007
Currently taking a business law class....Seems like it may get pretty boring, but will it be useful in any way? lol..I guess it could help me stay out of some legal troubles in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
Im also doing business and law and i find them very interesting especially business. There a good combination to have. To answer your question 'will it be useful in any way?' depends on what you want to do.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
Business Law was one of my favorite business classes in college, and also one that I actually learned new stuff. Definitely worth paying attention.

eqjohnso

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 27, 2007
I was never really into political science in high school, and thats how this class seems to be starting out. I was reading something about that NetSolutions scam in a post earlier this week, and we actually talked about them in class. The class is on tuesdays from 6-9 so that makes it drag out a bit, but I will def. give this a chance.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I wish everyone in business would take a business law class. Knowing the fundamentals of contracts, for example, can save you later in life.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Business Law was one of my best courses in college too (and I hated pretty much everything except math). It probably helped that the prof was fantastic. Mine was a 6-9pm also and the guy was a judge - basically he just taught what we needed to know by telling hilarious stories of his experiences in the courtroom, etc.

He was a deadpan kinda guy and you could tell, just by meeting him, that he would be no joke when it came to the courtroom - but in class, he was super chill. Just told it like it was....always brought his little dog to class.

Man, why can't all teachers be like that??

Try to pay attention. It's definitely one of those classes which could really apply to your life. Your chances are pretty good, if you are planning on being in business while living in sue-happy America. :)

Diane, you are right..... I certainly wouldn't mind taking the class again.

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
I'm taking College Business Law, as I'm still in high school. I think it'll be helpful at sometime in my future(hopefully). I've learned a lot, including stuff I wouldn't have known about before taking the class.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'm gonna take Business Law next year (when I'm a senior in HS). Unfortunately, since I haven't taken it before, it's only going to be the first level. If I'd taken the class earlier, I could've taken B-Law II...

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
Yeah I'm taking it in my junior year. Next year my schedule gets even more insane than this year.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I have take Business Law twice @ a community college and it covers the basic. Taking Legal Environment of business this semester so at the very least....if I retained anything from the earlier classes, it will help me out. Good luck though dude, one of the classes I would rank as all time most boring.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Depends on how good is your teacher.

We learned why OJ lives in FL, what is tort, (not the tasty version though :) ) and how much one can argue over trivial things in cases.
Looking back, I'd pay attention to internet laws, liability especially, also look up Good Samaritan clause, see if it is in effect still, so you could tell me because I forgot. :smx4:

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
I am going to read some business law books for the reasons Diane stated, however I will probably take a business law class anyhow.

Corrado79

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 24, 2007
Santa Monica, CA
Although everyone else has already extolled the benefits of a Business Law class, I would have to add that it should be a must for anyone looking start a business or operate at all in the business world. Also, if you are like me, it could engage you so much you decide to go to law school!

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
Yeah I agree that it won't be to your disadvantage for sure, whether or not you start your own business. My midterm for my class is actually on the 25th.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.