• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Taking a Bus. Law class....

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by eqjohnso, Jan 12, 2008.

1. eqjohnso

eqjohnso PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Currently taking a business law class....Seems like it may get pretty boring, but will it be useful in any way? lol..I guess it could help me stay out of some legal troubles in the future.

2. nipsid

nipsid Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $67
    Im also doing business and law and i find them very interesting especially business. There a good combination to have. To answer your question 'will it be useful in any way?' depends on what you want to do.

3. Andrew

Andrew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $66
    Business Law was one of my favorite business classes in college, and also one that I actually learned new stuff. Definitely worth paying attention.

4. eqjohnso

eqjohnso PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    I was never really into political science in high school, and thats how this class seems to be starting out. I was reading something about that NetSolutions scam in a post earlier this week, and we actually talked about them in class. The class is on tuesdays from 6-9 so that makes it drag out a bit, but I will def. give this a chance.

5. Diane Kennedy

Diane Kennedy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $134
    I wish everyone in business would take a business law class. Knowing the fundamentals of contracts, for example, can save you later in life.

6. phlgirl

phlgirl Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $177
    Business Law was one of my best courses in college too (and I hated pretty much everything except math). It probably helped that the prof was fantastic. Mine was a 6-9pm also and the guy was a judge - basically he just taught what we needed to know by telling hilarious stories of his experiences in the courtroom, etc.

He was a deadpan kinda guy and you could tell, just by meeting him, that he would be no joke when it came to the courtroom - but in class, he was super chill. Just told it like it was....always brought his little dog to class.

Man, why can't all teachers be like that??

Try to pay attention. It's definitely one of those classes which could really apply to your life. Your chances are pretty good, if you are planning on being in business while living in sue-happy America. :)

Diane, you are right..... I certainly wouldn't mind taking the class again.

7. bpk1

bpk1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    I'm taking College Business Law, as I'm still in high school. I think it'll be helpful at sometime in my future(hopefully). I've learned a lot, including stuff I wouldn't have known about before taking the class.

8. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $193
    I'm gonna take Business Law next year (when I'm a senior in HS). Unfortunately, since I haven't taken it before, it's only going to be the first level. If I'd taken the class earlier, I could've taken B-Law II...

9. bpk1

bpk1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Yeah I'm taking it in my junior year. Next year my schedule gets even more insane than this year.

10. Luke12321

Luke12321 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $934
    I have take Business Law twice @ a community college and it covers the basic. Taking Legal Environment of business this semester so at the very least....if I retained anything from the earlier classes, it will help me out. Good luck though dude, one of the classes I would rank as all time most boring.

11. Rawr

Rawr Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,553
    Depends on how good is your teacher.

We learned why OJ lives in FL, what is tort, (not the tasty version though :) ) and how much one can argue over trivial things in cases.
    Looking back, I'd pay attention to internet laws, liability especially, also look up Good Samaritan clause, see if it is in effect still, so you could tell me because I forgot. :smx4:

12. WheelsRCool

WheelsRCool Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    I am going to read some business law books for the reasons Diane stated, however I will probably take a business law class anyhow.

13. Redshft

Redshft Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $64
    I'm also taking "Legal Environment of Business" this semester. Actually looking forward to it. Damn book cost me $88 used though.

14. Corrado79

Corrado79 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $37
    Although everyone else has already extolled the benefits of a Business Law class, I would have to add that it should be a must for anyone looking start a business or operate at all in the business world. Also, if you are like me, it could engage you so much you decide to go to law school!

15. bpk1

bpk1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Yeah I agree that it won't be to your disadvantage for sure, whether or not you start your own business. My midterm for my class is actually on the 25th.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.