The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tai Lopez Marketing Strategy

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
The way I see it is use the Lambo in Tai's garage as your 'Zero Point' - Deepak Chopra calls this the moment when new charge starts. It's that moment of self-realization when anything is possible.

Will Smith experiences this in The Pursuit Of Happyness when he sees the red Ferrari - that was his 'Zero Point'.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Freedom61

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 21, 2015
Tampa, FL
@^^ I agree with ya post, but Tai does know how to market to the gullible!

For the youngsters here who don't know the "the rich asian man on 3am infomercials showing a big house and girls and getting you to attend his seminar."

Here ya go...

OMG. I'm literally laughing out loud at the "rich asian guy" video at how just blatant & almost pathetically easy it was to pick apart his marketing was in that video (I'm sure those are just excerpts) but he literally just says his CTA about 10 times "come to my seminar". I'm sure he killed it back then. Damn, I wish it could be that simple nowadays!

I've never seen those infomercials before (I'm 25, I'm sure I was sleeping when they were on back in the day).

I can't block ads on my xbox and his ad pops ups all the time so it makes me hate him even more
Getting mad at seeing his ads on Xbox? This might not be the right forum for you. Haha!

Thanks @MotiveInMotion & @AndrewNC for the long write-ups breaking down his marketing - I'll be using that (along w/ my copy of Ca$hvertising + the content from a few other internet biz owners on YT) in the sales page & video I'm creating right now for a membership site I'm about to open (has nothing to do with "self improvement", it's about starting/growing a biz in an offline industry). That is some very deep psych related stuff.

I've never watched any of Tai's vids except the "here in my garage", but when anyone mentions my thoughts on Tai they are that you should be focused on how he's marketing not necessarily what his product offerings are.

In an Internet Marketing FB group I'm apart of, one member was apart of Tai's program where they were paying $67/mo (I don't remember which one it is & I'm not versed on his products) & showed screenshots of how many people were in it and at the time it was 123,xxx people. 123k x $67 = $8.2M/mo. Not bad ;)

Even if I'm not correct on that - I just checked out Tai's site & saw he's selling an info product on starting your own social media ad agency and he mentions spending over $21M on ads - there's no way he's not absolutely raking it in!

Freedom61

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 21, 2015
Tampa, FL
Had to update this thread because he's been ramping up his ads lately as I've seen about 5+ different ones when perusing YT. One is getting on a jet talking about Warren Buffet, then flying on the jet talking about reading, etc. and the latest I've seen which was by far the most unique.

A 4 min ad that was 100% snapchat story clips from when the rapper Akon & OT Genesis were shooting a music video at his house & wanted to use his cars for the shoot. A few other rappers showed up and of course a bunch of ladies - what's a rap video without them? Haha. Another ad was going to a Lakers game, basically living the rapper lifestyle without being one.

Anyway, the only pitch he had was to add him on snapchat. This guy has to be one of the most brilliant marketers out there. With broadcasting basically everything on snapchat, his entire life can pretty much be classified as a business expense (write-off). Definitely keeps me going to push harder with what I'm building!

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 4.11.11 AM.png

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
@^^ I agree with ya post, but Tai does know how to market to the gullible!

For the youngsters here who don't know the "the rich asian man on 3am infomercials showing a big house and girls and getting you to attend his seminar."

Here ya go...

oh god, had me rolling on the floor. NAILED IT

that's all tai is

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
UNPOPULAR OPINION:
*excuse the spelling and gramatical errors. I hastily wrote this on a broken iphone screen while on a 15 min break at work*

With the exception of his 67 steps, has anyone here actually paid for his higher level content?

I have.

Beleive it or not, he actually delivers quality content.

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while. I've read MF twice and also read and absorb much of the same content / books that all you guys love.

What I mean by this is I'm not your average shmuck. I have a fastlane mentality.

I hated Tai everytime his stupid, gimmicky, infomercial esq ad came up on YT.

But, he had piqued my curiosity. I knew exactly the marketing techniques he used to do so. I saw through the sales funnel, and I knew the psychology he was using to make me want to buy.

And thats what made me buy.

He was successful at capturing the attention of millions, and the credit card numbers of thousands. Of course I could learn something from him.

I attended one of his "live" seminars knowing it would be a massive dick tease sales pitch for a program, which it was, and I still put in my credit card info at the end for $997 USD.

Why?

Because a mentor once told me that its to costly to NOT listen to someones ideas because you never know what value you can find. As long as you take everything with a pinch of salt.

(Also he had the classic money back guarentee which I knew I was going to use regardless of how amazing, or how shit the content was)

I was working a slowlane job that allowed me to listen to music. So, I downloaded all of his "Mini MBA" and "Vault" (The vault is basically one- two hour lectures/summaries/recorded live seminars of well renowned business books) and set off listening to 6 hours of content a day.

It made the work day bearable and I crushed his entire program in a couple of weeks.

And?

I learned a F*ckload. Seriously, I loved it. His program taught me more than all the business books I had read (and I've read most of the big ones) All his lessons are basically summarized ideas from some of the best business men/women in the world and their books.

He doesn't preach to have a bunch of original ideas. His whole shtick is that he (his assistants) study the greatest business minds in the world and distill their info into actionable, summarized lessons. It's basically a collection of case studies of billionaires and their businesses.

After going through his content, the average joe will have learned, and now understand (in depth) all the tactics he used on them in the first place. He literally does case studies on himself, his videos, and why they work.

He goes through advanced sales tactics, persuasion techniques, how to appeal specifically to different personality types, how to manage your money, how to pick a niche that you can excel in, how to optimize websites, how to get motivated, how to exit the slowlane, how to always test and optimize, and much more.

Now I'm not saying he's some god who we should all worship, but I truly believe thatthe majority of members of this website could derive a lot of value from his accelerator program.

Anyone with half a brain can find it online for free if you dont want to put down your credit card then get a refund like me.

I would LOVE one of the senior members on this site to go through some of the content in his accelerator program and tell me im wrong.

Seriously, if im blindly following a bunch of useless information then I would like an experienced fastlaner to tell me to snap out of it. I don't hate being wrong, I hate not knowing I'm wrong.

But as it stands right now I firmly beleive that his programs holds great value for the large majority of business owners, entrepreneurs, and wantrepreneurs.

He is still a **** MASSIVE **** douche though.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I bought his social media marketing agency course. ( For 80 dollars AUD ) not 1200.

So far, I have to say it was worth every cent.. In the second video I have learned a ton about Facebook targeting, and things I never even looked at or was shown on any website or 10 dollar udemy course.

I highly recommend it ( so far ). I'm on my third video ( its a 4 month course ).

He is actually awesome and Joe knows his shit too.

I think regardless of how much of a troll Tai's ads are, his marketing is genius and if I can even learn a few of the strategies he knows, I'm all for it.

I think many people will get the course, but most of them won't act on it because they fear rejection / are afraid of the phone.

I've still got to call a guy back who is starting a company who asked me to call him after new years. I met this guy on the street while working in my van. Has a business which does funerals and such but is apparently starting a new company and said to call and discuss after new years.

I've called a few people up on the phone, I landed a few clients for a marketing agency in turn for commission so the phone is not foreign to me.

I'd love to hear anyone else's feedback on his course, and thoughts? - No I'm not affiliated with the guy at all but from someone who has been learning facebook ads on my own the last 2 years from testing, this is eye opening for me. :)

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
UNPOPULAR OPINION:
*excuse the spelling and gramatical errors. I hastily wrote this on a broken iphone screen while on a 15 min break at work*

With the exception of his 67 steps, has anyone here actually paid for his higher level content?

the content of the 67 steps is high quality

the guy is like me, kind of an intellectual thinking deep on things and reading all the day

the guy is very impressive, he can teach for hours without running out of things to say

unbelievable

he is kind of a Tony Robbins who can speak with energy for hours like a machine so to speak

for example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C4Y7SBSUIs

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
(Haven't read all the posts after this one)

Curious if you honestly, truly got value from his work why did you still request the refund?

UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I have.

Beleive it or not, he actually delivers quality content.

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while. I've read MF twice and also read and absorb much of the same content / books that all you guys love.

What I mean by this is I'm not your average shmuck. I have a fastlane mentality.

I hated Tai everytime his stupid, gimmicky, infomercial esq ad came up on YT.

But, he had piqued my curiosity. I knew exactly the marketing techniques he used to do so. I saw through the sales funnel, and I knew the psychology he was using to make me want to buy.

And thats what made me buy.

He was successful at capturing the attention of millions, and the credit card numbers of thousands. Of course I could learn something from him.

I attended one of his "live" seminars knowing it would be a massive dick tease sales pitch for a program, which it was, and I still put in my credit card info at the end for $997 USD.

Why?

Because a mentor once told me that its to costly to NOT listen to someones ideas because you never know what value you can find. As long as you take everything with a pinch of salt.

(Also he had the classic money back guarentee which I knew I was going to use regardless of how amazing, or how shit the content was)

I was working a slowlane job that allowed me to listen to music. So, I downloaded all of his "Mini MBA" and "Vault" (The vault is basically one- two hour lectures/summaries/recorded live seminars of well renowned business books) and set off listening to 6 hours of content a day.

It made the work day bearable and I crushed his entire program in a couple of weeks.

And?

I learned a F*ckload. Seriously, I loved it. His program taught me more than all the business books I had read (and I've read most of the big ones) All his lessons are basically summarized ideas from some of the best business men/women in the world and their books.

He doesn't preach to have a bunch of original ideas. His whole shtick is that he (his assistants) study the greatest business minds in the world and distill their info into actionable, summarized lessons. It's basically a collection of case studies of billionaires and their businesses.

After going through his content, the average joe will have learned, and now understand (in depth) all the tactics he used on them in the first place. He literally does case studies on himself, his videos, and why they work.

He goes through advanced sales tactics, persuasion techniques, how to appeal specifically to different personality types, how to manage your money, how to pick a niche that you can excel in, how to optimize websites, how to get motivated, how to exit the slowlane, how to always test and optimize, and much more.

Now I'm not saying he's some god who we should all worship, but I truly believe thatthe majority of members of this website could derive a lot of value from his accelerator program.

Anyone with half a brain can find it online for free if you dont want to put down your credit card then get a refund like me.

I would LOVE one of the senior members on this site to go through some of the content in his accelerator program and tell me im wrong.

Seriously, if im blindly following a bunch of useless information then I would like an experienced fastlaner to tell me to snap out of it. I don't hate being wrong, I hate not knowing I'm wrong.

But as it stands right now I firmly beleive that his programs holds great value for the large majority of business owners, entrepreneurs, and wantrepreneurs.

He is still a **** MASSIVE **** douche though.

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
(Haven't read all the posts after this one)

Curious if you honestly, truly got value from his work why did you still request the refund?

To be completely honest, times were tough and I felt that $997 USD would do better for me elsewhere. I know its slowlane to use someones program, then get your money back, but that was my reality at the time. I wanted to see what it was all about more than I wanted to invest that much of my money into it.

If I make good money using the things he taught me, I'll pay him back. That's a promise I made from day 1.

Maybe that makes me a shitty guy, but I don't regret it.

You can also piece together the equivalent of his program for a much lower cost but it requires legwork.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
To be completely honest, times were tough and I felt that $997 USD would do better for me elsewhere. I know its slowlane to use someones program, then get your money back, but that was my reality at the time. I wanted to see what it was all about more than I wanted to invest that much of my money into it.

If I make good money using the things he taught me, I'll pay him back. That's a promise I made from day 1.

Maybe that makes me a shitty guy, but I don't regret it.

You can also piece together the equivalent of his program for a much lower cost but it requires legwork.

That's not slow lane.

That's stealing.

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
That's not slow lane.

That's stealing.
Is it though? Taking someone up on there 100% satusfaction guarentee? I found the information useful, but did I think it was worth $1300 CAD? No. I wasn't 100% satisfied, so I asked for my money back.

Stealing would be downloading and/or distributing his program. If you're going to use a 60 day money back guarentee in your copywriting to reduce friction and make someone buy, you can't complain about someone taking you up on it if they didn't think their money was exactly well spent.

I thought the course was useful, and I was trying to illiustrate that Tai isn't exactly as full of shit as some may think.

But at the end of the day I know the quality of info that can be found on sites like this one for free, for low cost Udemy courses (for AdWords etc), and from reading books recommended by succesful people. Knowing this meant that, for me, the course wasn't worth $1300 CAD. For someone who isn't as resourceful however, then it might be.

Is taking someone up on their guarentee, when I wasn't 100% satisfied, stealing? I very much beg to differ.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Is it though? Taking someone up on there 100% satusfaction guarentee? I found the information useful, but did I think it was worth $1300 CAD? No. I wasn't 100% satisfied, so I asked for my money back.

Stealing would be downloading and/or distributing his program. If you're going to use a 60 day money back guarentee in your copywriting to reduce friction and make someone buy, you can't complain about someone taking you up on it if they didn't think their money was exactly well spent.

I thought the course was useful, and I was trying to illiustrate that Tai isn't exactly as full of shit as some may think.

But at the end of the day I know the quality of info that can be found on sites like this one for free, for low cost Udemy courses (for AdWords etc), and from reading books recommended by succesful people. Knowing this meant that, for me, the course wasn't worth $1300 CAD. For someone who isn't as resourceful however, then it might be.

Is taking someone up on their guarentee, when I wasn't 100% satisfied, stealing? I very much beg to differ.

You are digging a deeper and deeper hole.

Go back and read your posts.

You purchased the course intending to take the material, use it, and get a refund.

Your own words betray your bullshit.

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
You are digging a deeper and deeper hole.

Go back and read your posts.

You purchased the course intending to take the material, use it, and get a refund.

Your own words betray your bullshit.

Like you've never pirated or downloaded anything illegally? I think we all have. So I guess we're all just a bunch of cyber thieves.

The difference is, what I did was within my buying contract, legal. Someone taking you up on your guarantee is the cost of having one. We all know why that guarantee is there in the first place, as a sales tactic, not because they deeply care about each and every customer and their satisfaction with the product.

Anyways, though, I don't need to justify my actions. I'll still sleep easy tonight.

Cheers.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Hey everyone! - Back again.. So I've been plowing through Tai's course and it's been very informative and helpful. I learned tons of things which I had not known about.. Funnily enough, I actually did land my first client with the help of his course and I'm currently managing a social media for a restaurant here in Australia as well!

Since at the start, the course focus's a lot on talking about restaurants, I figured I'd try them first since marketing locally isn't too hard =)

it teaches you tons of ways you can connect and network via linkedin in order to help market the niche you're marketing in. Some great info on youtube and instagram especially.

Overall, this course is great and it'll teach you more than enough to go out and start your own agency as well. I think it's very worth it, however, I don't think I would pay 1000 + For it.

I got mine for 80 dollars, so for anyone who is interested, I will sell it to you for $80.00 USD too. I think it's reasonable since I had to pay for it myself.

Obviously you wont get tai's certificate or access to the secret group etc, but you will get all the videos along with updated information.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not but MJ or any other admin, you can feel free to delete my post. Figured, it adds value both ways otherwise I Wouldn't offer this to you guys.

tais course 1.PNG tai2.PNG

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I should add, they also go on about SEO various other forms of marketing.. I just named a few. Screenshot there is the month 1, well half of it. Month three does not have as many videos as month 1 and 2, but month 4 is currently being done now I'm quite sure. =)

Drew D

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Feb 16, 2017
Canada, ON
Like you've never pirated or downloaded anything illegally? I think we all have. So I guess we're all just a bunch of cyber thieves.

The difference is, what I did was within my buying contract, legal. Someone taking you up on your guarantee is the cost of having one. We all know why that guarantee is there in the first place, as a sales tactic, not because they deeply care about each and every customer and their satisfaction with the product.

Anyways, though, I don't need to justify my actions. I'll still sleep easy tonight.

Cheers.
I wouldn't be able to sleep easy if I spent $1300 on a seminar of his.I do get some decent info from his free videos on youtube but he's not getting a penny of mine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.