The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

System for idea generation

Idea threads

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
20220403_182628.jpg

Should be self-explanatory

Please provide thoughts/improvements

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Making a list of 100 ideas to narrow down means you're shooting a machine gun with eyes closed, hoping one bullet hits.

I would cut that down from 100 to 10. Yes, 10.

Come up with 1 good business idea a day for 10 days, instead of 10 bad ideas a day.
Otherwise, you'll waste a ton of time ultimately narrowing down 100 bad ideas to 1 bad idea.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Making a list of 100 ideas to narrow down means you're shooting a machine gun with eyes closed, hoping one bullet hits.

I would cut that down from 100 to 10. Yes, 10.

Come up with 1 good business idea a day for 10 days, instead of 10 bad ideas a day.
Otherwise, you'll waste a ton of time ultimately narrowing down 100 bad ideas to 1 bad idea.

Thank you very much for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
View attachment 42863

Should be self-explanatory

Please provide thoughts/improvements

Thank you
I think with this you're just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks, and that usually never ends well, also 10 days for idea validation isn't long enough. I think you should reverse engineer what kind of business you want. First figure out what you want from a business, then identify a hole in a market and create the kind of business you'd want on the market if you were the customer. You should be focused on adding value to society, not trying to find a business that will make you rich quick. The money will come with the value you bring to society. I used to be the person to bounce from idea to idea every week and I never made any progress, so I can guarantee you, you wont make progress switching businesses every 10 days.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I think with this you're just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks, and that usually never ends well, also 10 days for idea validation isn't long enough. I think you should reverse engineer what kind of business you want. First figure out what you want from a business, then identify a hole in a market and create the kind of business you'd want on the market if you were the customer. You should be focused on adding value to society, not trying to find a business that will make you rich quick. The money will come with the value you bring to society. I used to be the person to bounce from idea to idea every week and I never made any progress, so I can guarantee you, you wont make progress switching businesses every 10 days.

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you sir!

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Update

I am going to keep this thread active to refine the process I am working on as people make suggestions.

Update so far.

Instead of 10 ideas a day for 10 days and then selecting 10 to select one it will now be

10 good ideas a day ------- Pick the best idea each day ------ After 10 days select 1 from 10.

After 1 idea is selected, I will spend 10 days qualifying idea (might need to tweak this part)

After 10 days if idea is not qualified, I will restart process.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016

Attachments

• 20220404_173235.jpg
    20220404_173235.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 6

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
The flaw in both of those processes is:

- What if the idea you pick is the wrong one, but the right one is one of the other 9 you didn't pick.

You haven't shown us how you narrow down to 1. One of the other 9 might be the idea that works, but in your examples you threw them out and then restarted the process. You could be throwing out a winning idea and never know

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
The flaw in both of those processes is:

- What if the idea you pick is the wrong one, but the right one is one of the other 9 you didn't pick.

You haven't shown us how you narrow down to 1. One of the other 9 might be the idea that works, but in your examples you threw them out and then restarted the process. You could be throwing out a winning idea and never know

I am keeping all discarded ideas to the side in a folder so that way I am come back to view them in the future if need be.

I could throw out a winning idea, but I do not see how to 100% avoid this no matter what I do. Maybe after selecting enough losers I'll get better at knowing what NOT to pick?

Every idea I select for that day I at minimum put through the CENTS test. If it does not at least have the possibility to be a home run than I throw it out.

But yes you are right. I need to develop a better system for selection. Any thoughts?

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Day 3.

So far I have 30 ideas generated total.

I have 3 (one for each day) selected on a separate piece of paper and the other 27 set aside in another folder.

One of my goals in doing this is to train my brain to constantly be in the habit of looking for problems to solve.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.