The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suze is a fraud. We all know it.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
This is touched on in the book but I think it bears repeating.

I was in B&N yesterday and there front and center was Suze and all of her lame books. I flipped through one and it was the same crap. Mutual funds. 401ks. Wait 40 years, get your million, die in a pool of your own urine. Awesome.

The sad part is that 95% of the people out there really believe that the pap she is spewing is good information when in fact it is the complete opposite of what people should be doing.

Whenever I see her I want to smack someone but ranting here is less likely to get me arrested. I've felt this way for years because I could always see right through her. I just can't believe that so many people fall for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
She is giving advice to those not in the fastlane

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
She is giving advice to those not in the fastlane

I know but she gives the impression that her way is the best way. All of those investment guru types do.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Because Suze follows the golden rule of persuasion, and according to Blair Warren it can be summed up in just one sentence:

People will do anything for those who encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions and help them throw rocks at their enemies.

xx

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Suze 0rman is ugly. maria bartiromo is hot

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
what about lisa kelly from irt? she is hot too

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Suze 0rman is ugly. maria bartiromo is hot

C'mon guys, you aren't at a bar drinking with your buddies ... this is a business forum and many of the viewers are women. I'm sure they don't want to read about this kind of stuff which has absolutely nothing to do with Fastlane, business, or entrepreneurship -- take it to PM.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Alright sorry Mj,

Yes Suzie miss Sue does provide information that is not fastlane. But she is trying to help others who do not how to overcome some financial situations in their life. Although sometimes she is wrong on her advice.
But boy she sure does look good at 60

Is it me or does she look like shes always mad when she is talking?

I found a video on youtube of her show on the "can i afford it" segment
and the callers name is Mark Z (could it be facebook creator Marck Zuckerberg)

link is right here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7umNstcx4

D

DeletedUser394

The point is, learn from what she does and how she does it, and not what she is trying to sell you.

I don't care about any guru's/teachers facial expressions or what they look like, only what value they can add to my life and my goals.

If MJ was 600 pounds and had 3 teeth I would still follow his advice... because his track record speaks for itself.

D

DeletedUser394

The sad part is that 95% of the people out there really believe that the pap she is spewing is good information when in fact it is the complete opposite of what people should be doing.

Yet, the reality is that not everyone can be a fastlaner.

While her advice is bad for us, it is pretty decent for everyone else.

For 95% of the population, having $1M for retirement is a HELLUVA lot better than having little to no money at all by age 65. I don't know the exact number, but I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that 90% of baby boomers that are now retiring don't even have close to $1M. Sure account for inflation and what not, but everything she advocates is reasonable for a person who is perfectly content working 40+ years (these people do exist).

There is absolutely nothing wrong about working your entire life, whilst saving enough money to be able to live at least semi-comfortably/not 100% dependant on the government when ready to retire. This philosophy simply doesn't work for fastlaners, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work for everyone.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Is this thread about Suze or which financial expert you'd bone?

Back to topic- I was horrified that she was on Larry King's last show and of course no stranger to self-promotion kept mentioning how she's gonna be part of Oprah's All-Stars on the OWN Network and made it sound like winning a personal consultation with her was an actual prize :rolleyes:

Even worse is that Larry and all of his all-star guests were pandering to her, funny since her fake tan is about as fake as her "advice", lol, speaking of that tan, she should be on Jersey Shore :p

wallstreet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 17, 2010
I think calling her a fraud is way out of line. Her advice is very sound, if youre working a job or dont know much about finance. In fact if you end up successful youll end up using her advice yo maintain your wealth. Shes an excellent business women.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
I think calling her a fraud is way out of line. Her advice is very sound, if youre working a job or dont know much about finance. In fact if you end up successful youll end up using her advice yo maintain your wealth. Shes an excellent business women.

Yeah, it is sound if you want to retire old. Nobody disputes that. But who wants to retire old?

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Yeah, it is sound if you want to retire old. Nobody disputes that. But who wants to retire old?

Also, she's advocating the slowlane lifestyle while she's living the fastlane lifestyle herself. She's making a fortune from her books, show, etc.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX

No one wants to retire old. No one wants to work. Everyone wants to be rich (right now). Everyone wants to retire (right now). But the sad reality is that ~95% WON'T be rich and WON'T retire now (and for many, never really retire) no matter what they COULD do. That is a HUGE audience.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wouldn't go as far as saying she's a fraud .... she's just living a financial paradox ... she sells one financial roadmap (The Slowlane) while getting rich using another (the Fastlane)... and she fills a market need, has a brand, and is a great Fastlane story.

In general, I believe that when it comes to GURU's if you want to be rich like them...

Do as the gurus DO, not as they SAY.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I wouldn't go as far as saying she's a fraud .... she's just living a financial paradox ... she sells one financial roadmap (The Slowlane) while getting rich using another (the Fastlane)... and she fills a market need, has a brand, and is a great Fastlane story.

In general, I believe that when it comes to GURU's if you want to be rich like them...

Do as the gurus DO, not as they SAY.

Will they say the same about you after you build a 100mil publishing company? :smxF:

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
If everyone followed fastlane principles, who would we have to hire to run our businesses?

Greg Orlando

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 11, 2011
I completely agree! But that's ok because because true wealth is reserved for the few independent thinkers that take action. She writes for the lazy dependent masses that are hoping for someone or something to take care of them. The fastlane is not crowded so those of us on it can travel without a speed limit!

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
My Mom is a big Suze Orman fan, so I have gotten used to seeing books and audio tapes of her programs around her house for years. However, my Mom is 65 years old and is praying that she gets to retire sometime this year, as she has had a rough life and has always worked hard. So to say she likes to play things on the "safer side" right now is an understatement.

I always agreed with MJ when her name comes up, in that she didnt get rich because she followed the steps she preaches in her program. She got uber rich because she MARKETED and SELLS the steps that she preaches will work for OTHERS. So its really a big facade.

Anyways, I too shake my head when I see her books and infomercials, as most of us on this forum know better. However, I do give her credit for coming up with a fastlane roadmap that did turn slowlane thinking into fastlane gains! Impressive though matter who you are.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Isn't action better than no action? If her banter is what gets someone moving out of the driveway where they then take the next step and eventually cross over into the fastlane....isn't that a good thing?

Some may or may not agree with Kiyosaki, but didn't he get a lot of us moving?

One way to firmly entrench someone in Suze-land is to argue with them and call them slowlane. Maybe we should encourage them and WHEN THEY ARE READY expand their mind to see that what she is DOING is fastlane and they can do it too........

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
So its really a big facade.

I would have to disagree here. There is a difference between how you make your riches and how you keep your riches.

She teaches her followers to preserve and grow their wealth (however small or large it may be). She isn't in the business of teaching people how to grow their wealth exponentially.

Like RyanDrake mentioned, maybe only 5% of the population has what it takes to achieve true financial independence. She has found a niche in the 95%.

As the saying goes, 'sell to the classes - live with the masses but sell to the masses - live with the classes'

She epitomizes the fastlane concepts. But that doesn't mean she teaches them.

How many of you teach the fastlane principles?

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I would have to disagree here. There is a difference between how you make your riches and how you keep your riches.

She teaches her followers to preserve and grow their wealth (however small or large it may be). She isn't in the business of teaching people how to grow their wealth exponentially.

Like RyanDrake mentioned, maybe only 5% of the population has what it takes to achieve true financial independence. She has found a niche in the 95%.

As the saying goes, 'sell to the classes - live with the masses but sell to the masses - live with the classes'

She epitomizes the fastlane concepts. But that doesn't mean she teaches them.

How many of you teach the fastlane principles?

I think you misunderstood me. :) Im not saying what she teaches is a big facade, as lord knows i am sure she has helped thousands of people play it safe and achieve their financial dreams over the years by investing and then preserving their wealth into retirement. I am saying that Suze Orman did not get uber-wealthy by following the laws she teaches in her programs. She became very rich catering to the masses as you say. :) THAT is what most people (like my Mother) not "in-tune" to the fastlane or who dont have that entreprenurial eye to make money dont see. They only see someone rich and famous teaching steps that they too can in turn follow. For me to try and explain the "fastlane" to my Mother or the way Suze Orman makes money would be a waste of time, as she is set in her ways that the way to make money is to play it safe, work hard, and invest your way to a better future. It is actually really interesting to me as I have similar conversations with her regarding my future to the ones that MJ had with his own Mother (where she would preach, "Get a job baby!" to him). :)

All the best,

Mike

heidiswan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 15, 2011
I agree with you. I think people believe in her because of lack of knowledge. I have a neighbor friend that adores Suze. My friend is an accountant. She cannot "think outside the box", in fact she doesn't even have a box to think out side of.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Suze has also been able to tap into capitalism better than most.

Just because she identified and exploited this need doesn't necessarily mean that she is a fraud.

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
I have read one of her books (fabulous & broke or something like that)

it's a good read, helps understand fico score and some frugality.

by far not the best finance "guru", but part of a good diversified finance bookshelf.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.