The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Super Neuro: Nootropics Supplement via Crowdsourcing -- Follow My Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Super Neuro: My Path toward Building a Supplement Company

This is going to be a progress thread for others interesting in either:

1. Getting into the supplement industry
  2. Building a business with crowdsourcing funds

I've just gone live with my campaign, which you can view here:

Super Neuro -- Nootropics Supplement -- Brain Food! | Indiegogo

Now, this wasn't step one, of course. So let me fill you in on what happened before launching:

Before launching the campaign, I:

1. Read through my journal (3+ years of nootropics research) to compile a list of ingredients
  2. Contacted factories to figure out how much stuff I can put into a capsule
  3. Narrowed my list down to a formula
  4. Got a quote for the first roll-out (came out to over $7,000)
  5. Wrote the sales letter for the campaign
  6. Built a basic website: superneuro.com

So, now I'm in the marketing process. I will be posting updates, probably once per week.

Questions are welcomed.

Donations are even more welcomed.

You can contribute here: Super Neuro -- Nootropics Supplement -- Brain Food! | Indiegogo

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hi Verial,

I have also used Nootropics and experimented with different kinds and the results for a few months. You can check out my thread if you'd like.

I agree with everything you included in your stack (I haven't used all of them, but have researched all that were listed). The one I don't agree with is caffeine, I feel that this almost negates the positive effects of the stack. I think there are other energy boosters out there that work better than caffeine because there will be no crash. Also, when I took caffeine along with other supplements I used to get really jittery and my hands would shake.

I think if you found a more natural way to add an energy boost, it would be more beneficial to customers.

Just my input!

Great looking campaign, sometimes I wish I still took Noots, other times I am glad I quit.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
Looks interesting,

Just a thought, but you've no-doubt looked into Noopept, why is this not included? It's just that it's the only Nootropic I've had any positive effects from.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Good job putting that together, verial. Didn't know they allowed supplements on Indiegogo though. Pretty sure they didn't back when I was thinking of setting up mine there over a year ago.

@InLikeFlint;
About the caffeine: That's why he's got L-Theanine in there to compensate and enhance the benefits of caffeine.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
I agree with everything you included in your stack (I haven't used all of them, but have researched all that were listed). The one I don't agree with is caffeine, I feel that this almost negates the positive effects of the stack. I think there are other energy boosters out there that work better than caffeine because there will be no crash. Also, when I took caffeine along with other supplements I used to get really jittery and my hands would shake.

I think if you found a more natural way to add an energy boost, it would be more beneficial to customers.

Thanks for the advice. My brother said the same thing.

I mainly included the caffeine because of its synergistic effects with L-Theanine. But I will consider releasing a caffeine-free version if this campaign is successful. Technically, the FDA does not consider caffeine to be a drug, which is why I can have "drug-free" on the label.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Looks interesting,

Just a thought, but you've no-doubt looked into Noopept, why is this not included? It's just that it's the only Nootropic I've had any positive effects from.

Noopept is a drug. I'm focusing on selling something drug-free at the moment.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Good job putting that together, verial. Didn't know they allowed supplements on Indiegogo though. Pretty sure they didn't back when I was thinking of setting up mine there over a year ago.

Originally, I was shooting for Kickstarter. But they don't allow supplements. I contacted Indiegogo, however, who said that it would be fine.

Thanks for your thread, by the way. We both got started on our businesses at roughly the same time, but you've certainly been progressing faster than I.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Thanks for the advice. My brother said the same thing.

I mainly included the caffeine because of its synergistic effects with L-Theanine. But I will consider releasing a caffeine-free version if this campaign is successful. Technically, the FDA does not consider caffeine to be a drug, which is why I can have "drug-free" on the label.

I can definitely understand that. Which is why when I first started I always included Caffeine in my stack. After a while I started to get really bad shakes and jitters and not using caffeine unless I was completely dead worked wonders.

Have you thought about using N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine or Lion's Mane Mushroom in the stack? NALT is great for focus, I could sit down with some work and then come to my senses hours later still working away. It's been said to give "Adderall-like focus" but I've never used Adderall so I can't compare the two. Lion's Mane Mushroom is great for memory, primarily long term, which could help your stack if you can boast long term effects as well as short term benefits. It also has many benefits with relieving stomach problems and helping create new neuro pathways.

The stack is pretty full already, just food for thought, if nothing else you can have separate versions.
@InLikeFlint;
About the caffeine: That's why he's got L-Theanine in there to compensate and enhance the benefits of caffeine.

No doubt, I see the benefits of pairing it with L-Theanine, but will that really counteract the huge energy burst followed by a crash? Also with my personal experience caffeine seems to tire out my brain, I feel like I get headaches more frequently with it because it's making my brain work harder, rather than efficiently.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.