The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sup?

VMac

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 14, 2021
I'm Vinny.

Currently reading Unscripted and decided it would be a good idea to join the forum.

The 9-to-5 lifestyle just doesn't seem to be for me. I have had a total of 5 full time jobs. 3 of which I resigned and 2 of which I was fired. The longest of these two lasted a year and a half. The part time jobs I've had were much better but of course, not much money. I can't seem to hold down a full time job and now that I'm thinking about it, I really don't want to. Take my last job for example, my supervisor didn't seem to appreciate my work. Nothing I did impressed her. I could walk on water and she'd say "oh look he can't swim"

So I am unemployed yet again, however I am in a fortunate position. I have plenty of money to live off of for a while, no debts, no car payments, no wife, no kids, and very few wants. I can use the time and resources I have right now to do some serious soul searching to figure out what I want to do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm Vinny.

Currently reading Unscripted and decided it would be a good idea to join the forum.

The 9-to-5 lifestyle just doesn't seem to be for me. I have had a total of 5 full time jobs. 3 of which I resigned and 2 of which I was fired. The longest of these two lasted a year and a half. The part time jobs I've had were much better but of course, not much money. I can't seem to hold down a full time job and now that I'm thinking about it, I really don't want to. Take my last job for example, my supervisor didn't seem to appreciate my work. Nothing I did impressed her. I could walk on water and she'd say "oh look he can't swim"

So I am unemployed yet again, however I am in a fortunate position. I have plenty of money to live off of for a while, no debts, no car payments, no wife, no kids, and very few wants. I can use the time and resources I have right now to do some serious soul searching to figure out what I want to do.
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have the perfect opportunity to achieve great things. I wish you luck in the process.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Hey, Vinny.

I know I'm a little late to the welcome party but I'm curious: how goes the soul searching? And prior to your newfound freedom, what kinda jobs did you work in the 9-to-5 grind?

VMac

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 14, 2021
Not too shabby. Working on building an online business. In the learning phase right now but I bought my domain name and will be creating content relatively soon.
I'll be interviewing for a part-time position next week. That way I can get at least get some money coming in while still having time to work on my site.

The first full-time job I had was with a CPA firm and the other one, I was an accountant at a bank.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Not too shabby. Working on building an online business. In the learning phase right now but I bought my domain name and will be creating content relatively soon.
I'll be interviewing for a part-time position next week. That way I can get at least get some money coming in while still having time to work on my site.

The first full-time job I had was with a CPA firm and the other one, I was an accountant at a bank.
Awesome! As someone who works almost entirely online, it's been the most fun I've had in my professional life despite any ups and downs. I'm always amazed by all the cool stuff people come up with whether it's e-commerce, apps, services, automation -- you name it.

But yeah, I hope you knock it out of the park with your endeavors. And if you're ever looking for someone to help brainstorm content strategy with, I'm always down to talk. Personally, I just love learning about people's stories and what they're trying to do and as someone who often writes and edits his own work, I know how easy it can be to get stuck in one's head when it comes to that stuff.

VMac

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 14, 2021
Awesome! As someone who works almost entirely online, it's been the most fun I've had in my professional life despite any ups and downs. I'm always amazed by all the cool stuff people come up with whether it's e-commerce, apps, services, automation -- you name it.

But yeah, I hope you knock it out of the park with your endeavors. And if you're ever looking for someone to help brainstorm content strategy with, I'm always down to talk. Personally, I just love learning about people's stories and what they're trying to do and as someone who often writes and edits his own work, I know how easy it can be to get stuck in one's head when it comes to that stuff.
Awesomesauce! Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Yeah, there are so many great resources out there. I have learned so much in just one month. MJ DeMarco's Unscripted book really ignited the fire in my belly. Then I started learning about sales funnels, lead generation, and marketing strategies. It's like I've stuck gold.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Awesomesauce! Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Yeah, there are so many great resources out there. I have learned so much in just one month. MJ DeMarco's Unscripted book really ignited the fire in my belly. Then I started learning about sales funnels, lead generation, and marketing strategies. It's like I've stuck gold.
I know that feeling well, dude. Once you strike something that you're like.. "OOOO THERE'S A LOT OF VALUE AND POTENTIAL HERE" the fun part is figuring out how you're gonna mine it. I'm kinda at that stage now myself and while I'm focused on my own stuff, I've been having fun hyping up the homies who are at a similar stage in their journeys and it just warms me heart.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...