The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestions for Support in New Zealand?

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Ok, so, I know there's few (if any?) other kiwis on here so I'm not really expecting much in the way of actual suggestions, but I mostly just want to vent.

My girlfriend & I are looking to make our start in property investment (residential), and trying to get things in place so that we can do this - legal structure etc. But it seems so damned PAINFUL trying to find anyone in the way of real estate agent, mortgage broker/banker, lawyer, accountant etc around here that are prepared to try and work with me on any projects. I've talked to dozens from each of these professions and most politely suggest I'm dreaming, while others seem to think I'm just there to waste their time.

I know, looking at it on the surface, that I don't appear to be the "ideal" or even a common sort of client for these people, and thats fine, but dammit, gimme a chance!

If anyone DOES happen to be able to recommend one or more people in these areas in NZ that I could contact, that would be hugely appreciated. Or even suggestions on how to find them... I don't know anyone who has been able to make recommendations and as I mentioned, approaching them and trying to discuss my situation and goals/plans seems to lead nowhere.
Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, sorry for the mostly-vent, and thanks in advance for any suggestions or recommendations :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Make sure you've done enough solid research and you're not contacting these people to educate you...by the time you turn up to the estate agent etc you want to have knowledge behind you so you know more or less what you are doing.

Once you have enough knowledge of what you really want to do then who ever you go to will be more accomodating...

Remember nothings ever easy, not even spending money ;-)

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Hehe, thanks :)

I'm not approaching them expecting to learn, merely to work with. I'm sure I'll sort something out soon, it's just felt like bashing my head into a wall lately lol.

That said, after some more discussions this morning, I think I might have found at least one of the right people.. we shall see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.