The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestion - Rules about meme responses?

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I've seen a shark uptick in the amount of sarcastic meme responses to people lately. In some cases they are totally justified, but in some cases they seem a bit off base.

In each case though, the thread gets totally derailed. I feel like these things are totally funny, I've even done a few myself in the past month or so, but at the same time they don't provide much value other than a laugh.

It seems to me like this could kind of feed on itself and meme responses become much more heavily used. I personally would prefer if things didn't trend that way.

Again, some responses are excellent (LUFFY), but sometimes it is over the top.

What are your thoughts on this? Should we just unofficially ask people to tone it down a shade?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JDM

The Lock Man
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 2, 2014
Australia
I was really disappointed when I started seeing the increase in memes on this forum. I though this place was above that. If I wanted a bunch of memes I would go to the misc or another forum. I come here because I usually feel like it's filled with likeminded, business savvy people and not immature people posting memes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I deleted a bunch today. If you see them in places where they don't belong, for example in a post where it really isn't warranted, just report the post. The mods and I will review and delete if necessary.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I find the forums more fun that way, but you're right. This is an entrepreneurship forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.