The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stuck in a rut physically and mentally, and I don't know why

Anything related to matters of the mind

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Put that life down and step through the door.

Get work.
Volunteer / coach / get involved.

Make a difference in someone's life.

If your brothers truly matter to you, get up and prove it. Be an example of progress and change.

Get to it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Wow! Until you pay your own bills, provide your own housing, eat your own food that you buy and cook, pay your own utility bills, do your own laundry and totally take care of yourself... you are NOT an adult. You are a child. Go forth and get to it!

You are a failure to thrive baby. Getting up at 10 AM? If I were your parent, I'd be shaking you out at least by 6 AM. I would pack you a sack lunch and drop you off in town so you could go find a job. And I would quiz you when you got home at the end of the business day to find out how you did. I would be a big PITA about the whole thing. Your place at the dinner table each night would depend on your answers.
Your evenings and weekends would be engaged in doing useful chores around the house. The TV would disappear from the house. The internet would be turned off except for finding a job. I would do everything I could think of to get you motivated to find a job and take charge of your life.
If you don't believe me, I have raised two families, and all 4 of my kids (2 are mine, and 2 are step kids) are really hard-working adults. They take care of themselves and their families.
And, yes, the people around me take me very seriously. I read your post to my husband and he said GO GET A JOB!

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
greetings the Fastlane forum,

When I read the Millionaire Fastlane and the first half or so of unscripted , I felt like the road for me was paved, I'd try every business idea that came to me and would do whatever it took to succeed. no matter how I felt.

It's been about 2 months or so now and I've lost the passion that I had before. I had morning routines that happened at 6 am, including workouts and such. but after a couple of weeks of putting in the effort, I gradually stopped. I Also haven't been reading books and applying what I read. I still workout in the morning, but I've stopped eating healthy, and I wake up at around 10 or so now.

I'm unemployed and I live with my parents, and I would say my life is pretty comfortable right now. Although It's not lavish, We live in a rented home, not very large, but It's very cozy. we moved in a couple of months ago, and when we moved in I made it a goal to bring me and my family Into a home we actually own and be able to provide nice things for Me and my brothers. I'm not sure if it's because of the comfort that I'm in, But now I've almost lost track of that purpose. I spend my time now watching videos of successful entrepreneurs on youtube and such and also watching a lot of TV shows. It feels like my Fastlane car just slowed down. I'm not sure as to how I can develop a better work ethic, or just drop the time-wasting altogether.
I no longer have a clear goal in my mind, instead, I'm getting distracted by all the things people are putting out on social media and the internet. I'm not sure if I should force myself into an uncomfortable position like a job so I can "wake up", or if I should Try some sort of Mental exercise technique to get me to focus. It's a really frustrating place for me to be because I know that I should be doing something to move forward, but I don't know what those things are. I just wanna regain control and stop wasting time.

If you were in my place what would you do?

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada

I am in your same exact spot (unemployed living at a rented home with parents, know Fastlane in and out, relatively comfortable), I have a different mentality however.

1. Get off social media. Seriously, that sh*t is cancer. Drop reddit, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, all the time wasters. What others are doing is none of your business. Live your life for YOU.
2. Try to find a job in a field you see potential for a fastlane business (one could argue any field fits this). I’m job searching with the end goal in mind: to learn everything I can so I can start my own business later. Holding a job doesn’t mean you’re a fake Fastlaner. When I start my job, my efforts will be intensified after work- I will commit to working on my business after 5pm.
3. Find a strong meaning and purpose (other than buy a house). I’ve been really honing in on my purposes, most have to do with me not having to answer to anyone (FU money)
4. Keep your ears open for NEEDS and talk to different people. Try to help at least one person a day. I’ve been doing this and it switches your mentality from a selfish place to a giving place, which helps a lot in Fastlane. I am now starting a potential side hustle because I’ve been attuned to the needs of those around me.

That’s all I can offer right now, as someone in your same exact position!

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
I am in your same exact spot (unemployed living at a rented home with parents, know Fastlane in and out, relatively comfortable), I have a different mentality however.

1. Get off social media. Seriously, that sh*t is cancer. Drop reddit, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, all the time wasters. What others are doing is none of your business. Live your life for YOU.
2. Try to find a job in a field you see potential for a fastlane business (one could argue any field fits this). I’m job searching with the end goal in mind: to learn everything I can so I can start my own business later. Holding a job doesn’t mean you’re a fake Fastlaner. When I start my job, my efforts will be intensified after work- I will commit to working on my business after 5pm.
3. Find a strong meaning and purpose (other than buy a house). I’ve been really honing in on my purposes, most have to do with me not having to answer to anyone (FU money)
4. Keep your ears open for NEEDS and talk to different people. Try to help at least one person a day. I’ve been doing this and it switches your mentality from a selfish place to a giving place, which helps a lot in Fastlane. I am now starting a potential side hustle because I’ve been attuned to the needs of those around me.

That’s all I can offer right now, as someone in your same exact position!
man thanks a lot, I forgot to think about how impactful a job can be for learning. I'm definitely gonna go out in the field and look for a job I can turn into a business. and about the social media thing, I guess I was just afraid to admit to myself that I needed to get rid of it. I've now uninstalled instagram and will focus more on myself instead of others.
for anyone else reading and also stuck in this same position i am, consider what visionamri just said. i think this is gonna help me get out of this situation, or at least put me in the right direction

Rhino

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 18, 2018
London
greetings the Fastlane forum,

When I read the Millionaire Fastlane and the first half or so of unscripted , I felt like the road for me was paved, I'd try every business idea that came to me and would do whatever it took to succeed. no matter how I felt.

It's been about 2 months or so now and I've lost the passion that I had before. I had morning routines that happened at 6 am, including workouts and such. but after a couple of weeks of putting in the effort, I gradually stopped. I Also haven't been reading books and applying what I read. I still workout in the morning, but I've stopped eating healthy, and I wake up at around 10 or so now.

I'm unemployed and I live with my parents, and I would say my life is pretty comfortable right now. Although It's not lavish, We live in a rented home, not very large, but It's very cozy. we moved in a couple of months ago, and when we moved in I made it a goal to bring me and my family Into a home we actually own and be able to provide nice things for Me and my brothers. I'm not sure if it's because of the comfort that I'm in, But now I've almost lost track of that purpose. I spend my time now watching videos of successful entrepreneurs on youtube and such and also watching a lot of TV shows. It feels like my Fastlane car just slowed down. I'm not sure as to how I can develop a better work ethic, or just drop the time-wasting altogether.
I no longer have a clear goal in my mind, instead, I'm getting distracted by all the things people are putting out on social media and the internet. I'm not sure if I should force myself into an uncomfortable position like a job so I can "wake up", or if I should Try some sort of Mental exercise technique to get me to focus. It's a really frustrating place for me to be because I know that I should be doing something to move forward, but I don't know what those things are. I just wanna regain control and stop wasting time.

It’s not going to be easy to do if you don’t have any regular income, but it sounds like you need a change of environment. Like you said, living at home is comfortable, it’s a safety net that means you don’t ever have a real need to push yourself because the alternative to pushing yourself (and possibly failing) is a comfy lifestyle.

I’m in a similar situation, not job wise, but I live in my mums house with my sister. My mums new marriage has just broken down and now she is living in the living room. As much as I love my family, that was the kick up the a$$ I needed to finally get out of here. I’ve found a flat and will be moving out at the end of next month. Funny thing is I’ve known for a long time that I need to do this to progress as a person. The point I’m trying to make is that when you have a safety net like that, you never truly push yourself. What’s that old saying “in order to take the island you need to burn the boats”?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
moving out preferably far away from home seems like the best move, grind a job away and you will see how shitty that can be, you can always go back home if the worst case scenario happens

if that doesn't motivate you to get started you can always live at your parents house eating Cheetos playing call of duty at 40 years old, i guess that's technically unscripted ? lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.