The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Straight lines courses

Fawaz95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 15, 2021
Hello everyone
I would like to know your opinion on the straight line courses from Jordan Belfort.
I know that he is one of greatest salesman in the world and he is offering free courses in YouTube and podcasts.
Do wee need the paid courses if he is offering free courses in other plate-forme? Specifically that it is quite expensive (2399 dollar for the straight line sales certification )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hello everyone
I would like to know your opinion on the straight line courses from Jordan Belfort.
I know that he is one of greatest salesman in the world and he is offering free courses in YouTube and podcasts.
Do wee need the paid courses if he is offering free courses in other plate-forme? Specifically that it is quite expensive (2399 dollar for the straight line sales certification )

I took it and it’s decent but felt it was overpriced a bit.

It’s only about the selling part of a sales conversation so it’s super-specific. The value I guess depends on how much you would get out of boosting your sales.

Getting the spin selling book and going through that would be just as good.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
https://www.reddit.com/r/sales/comments/d1egcv View: https://www.reddit.com/r/sales/comments/d1egcv/opinions_about_the_straight_line_system_by_jordan/

Here's a summary of it.

Sales is a good skill but it won't make you money unless you're in a position to benefit from it. You need a good business, or a good job selling something high end (such as an enterprise sales position). Otherwise you're just a decent car salesman.

More important question: what do you do now?

also... sales is just the ability to communicate and persuade. If you have the basic ability to communicate and socialize well, the sales process takes a day to learn and you're good. If you're a creep and are almost on the spectrum or have Asperger's or something, sales will be very very hard. You think that's an obvious one but I promise you about 15% or more of my coworkers when I worked in car sales couldn't communicate well at all.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello everyone
Premium education products are usually a disappointment. Paying for an expensive course will not outperform you just reading the materials and doing the work to test, learn and modify according to your circumstances.

I remember paying 3k a year from muay thai champion from Thailand learning basic pre mma pt which is just running, rope skipping and doing punch bags. Lessons learnt!

I do think Jordan Belford is a very legitimate sales trainer. But his style is considered somewhat aggressive by today’s standard which could judged by some as pushy and salesy.

Jordan’s strategy is doing whatever it takes to close a small deal, in which you win the bigger deal through overdelivering on the small deal. If your business model does not fit this then you need to consider other approach.

If you look at how he push for his sales course you have his book which is very cheap with the dense material and information, then followed by the upsales 4 thousand dollar courses. This is where his true playbook is.

It is the same playbook when he first pushed blue chip stocks to his clients. When his clients gained his trust he began to push higher commission penny stocks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Hello everyone
I thought you were referring to straighterline college courses...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.