The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

STEP ONE - ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
"We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable."

A lot of the new guys on this board come to me to ask questions and then are upset with my answers. This is because most of you are living a lie, a delusion, a fantasy that you are currently powerless too for which make your entrepreneurial dreams unmanageable and destined to never come true.

It is only when you accept the fact that you are currently not as successful as you wish to be (most likely not successful in anything at all..) and that it is 100% your fault, can you come to enlightenment. Only when you accept the fact that your second to second decisions are taking you down a path that is completely opposite where you want to go will you become open to earth shattering realities unloaded onto you by men and women much much higher up in the food chain.

Only when step 1 is complete can you move to step 2, otherwise you will continue living the same lie.

Do it today, it never gets easier, only harder.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
"We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable."

A lot of the new guys on this board come to me to ask questions and then are upset with my answers. This is because most of you are living a lie, a delusion, a fantasy that you are currently powerless too for which make your entrepreneurial dreams unmanageable and destined to never come true.

It is only when you accept the fact that you are currently not as successful as you wish to be (most likely not successful in anything at all..) and that it is 100% your fault, can you come to enlightenment. Only when you accept the fact that your second to second decisions are taking you down a path that is completely opposite where you want to go will you become open to earth shattering realities unloaded onto you by men and women much much higher up in the food chain.

Only when step 1 is complete can you move to step 2, otherwise you will continue living the same lie.

Do it today, it never gets easier, only harder.

Im in a 12 step program for gambling and can say it was the biggest move Ive made to become a better businessperson and live a much better life. Its been about six months since Ive been clean and notice incredible differences in both business and my life. Looking forward to the future like never before.

SvvyDO

Shooting til it hits
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 5, 2015
San Jose, CA
Also chose to get sober from all alcohol and drugs 3 years back, and ever since then my work ethic towards the things I've wanted to succeed in has exploded.

(Putting a product out in the market place REALLY soon, built a physique that 95% of people will never achieve, and I've gotten much closer with family--and learned the value of it). :thumbsup::clap:::smile2:

Last edited:

Lukebrisbane

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Feb 19, 2014
Brisbane, Australia.
I rationalise giving up on my business pursuits because I have a low IQ and have been fired from 9 jobs for being incompetent.
I'm currently a cleaner and work in aged care and hardly scrape by. I know there's at least 1 business I can do out there that doesn't require that much technical knowledge that I can try but my own laziness and excuse making stops that.
My goal is to baby step myself, just pick something and do 1 small thing and make steps towards it.
Also thanks 458 for your sales advice 1 1/2 years ago, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of got a chance at sales in a great company, it never worked out but it was a good experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I'm glad you started this thread. I know that to make progress this summer and on I need to replace destructive habits with productive habits.

I'm not as successful as I want to be. I can do much better. No more alcoholic beverages for me.

I'll be doing a Tough Mudder Full not too long from now, and I'll get a cold beer once I complete it. Instead of drinking it I'll dump it on my head to cool myself off. :cool:

EDIT: I'm not an alcoholic (never have been). I just noticed that as I've aged after a night of drinking I'm out for the next day or two so it's incredibly unproductive (hangovers eventually become a reality).

#SoberSummer #MonkMode

Last edited:

Dolf112

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 30, 2016
England
Emotional eater over here.
It is linked to stress. My stress levels rise and so DID my intake of carb loaded foods.
I added a monstrous 9 stone to my frame in a little under 3 years.
Today, after months of studying diet and how different foods affect different parts of you, I am sailing slowly but surely toward a normal healthy weight again.
I have set up a system for myself that isn't overly restrictive and I do treat unhealthy food as a reward for an achievement every now and again.

Process process process.

A massive takeaway from both of M.J's books for me is how transferable the things he talks about are, to all aspects of our lives.
We are all capable of anything, it just requires discipline!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.